You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 06:58:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: We used to be able to lock our story topics...  (Read 847 times)

Online Modern Fairy TaleTopic starter

We used to be able to lock our story topics...
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »
The author of a storyline used to be able to lock his topic, if he felt it was finished or something.  This made it so no one could change or delete things or whatever and the story becomes more static.  Something to read, without worrying what some person might change or whatever if they drop off the face of Elliquiy or come back and decide to delete all thier old stuff and start again fresh.  Has locking a topic become impossible now?  And if it is, why are my old locked topics still locked?  Did they move the icon, and I just dont see it?  I appreciate whatever help anyone can give me on this matter.

Offline Lilias

Re: We used to be able to lock our story topics...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »
That option had to be disabled, unfortunately. If you want a thread locked, you can always PM a staff member to do it for you.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
Something to read, without worrying what some person might change or whatever if they drop off the face of Elliquiy or come back and decide to delete all thier old stuff and start again fresh.

I also wanted to add that this is not allowed on Elliquiy for the following reason:

Members are to ask before deleting material. This is primarily for roleplays - you made something with someone, if you delete your part of the story, your partner's work is made to suffer. Stories and images are not subject to this rule, unless an image is a part of a roleplay.

Offline Nessy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:03:59 AM »
I also wanted to add that this is not allowed on Elliquiy for the following reason:

True, but if you get enough games to go through, how would you even know it was deleted until well after the fact. I understand the feature is an issue, but I can see its need.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:13:40 AM »
That's why you PM a staff member as soon as you decide you want it locked.

Offline Kyrsa

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
You can also ask a staff member to restore the deleted story if your partner were to delete it without your permission.  I know it's been done before.

Offline Nessy

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
That's why you PM a staff member as soon as you decide you want it locked.

Maybe people are randomly deleting things nicely all over the forum, but the one person who decided to delete their posts from one of my games went dormant for awhile, came back who knows when and did it. It wasn't exactly a dead game until he decided it was by the deletion.  I would think that having someone delete stories and posts is at least uncommon if not rare, and necessarily something you expect to preempt.

I appreciate you can PM a staff though. I get that.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 05:39:35 PM »

I've actually wondered about this, but regarding posts in, say, Adult Socializing games. Does the 'no-deletion' policy extend to those as well?

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
Not really. The policy is there because in stories, discussion threads, etc, if you delete the whole thread you are deleting others' posts. If you delete just your posts in the thread, you are damaging others' posts by removing the context of those posts (whether that be story context or conversational context, depending on where you're talking about).

So unless you got into some huge fisticuffs with someone and are then deleting what could be incriminating posts, we really don't care if you remove posts from "what is the avatar above you thinking" so that the thread doesn't pop up on your unread replies ad infinitum.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
Good to know. And knowing is half the battle.

(the other half is red and blue lasers).