Malfunctioning Memory stick

Started by Beguile's Mistress, July 31, 2011, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

I know I'm probably searching in vain but

is there anyway to fix or get the information from a malfunctioning memory stick?

Nessy

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 31, 2011, 12:47:15 AM
I know I'm probably searching in vain but

is there anyway to fix or get the information from a malfunctioning memory stick?

I am not sure what kind of information you are looking for, but this is the program that I have been referred to in the past. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memtest86
It's been years since I had to use myself though. The link is at the bottom.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Beguile's Mistress

Thank you.  I'll give it a try.  *hugs*

Autumn Sativus

The best program I or Mr have ever been able to recover files with is PhotoRec. There are lots of them out there but between our 15+ years experience with this stuff, this has been the one we always turn to in those horrible cases where files get lost/corrupted.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Nessy

Quote from: Saffron on August 01, 2011, 12:52:12 AM
The best program I or Mr have ever been able to recover files with is PhotoRec. There are lots of them out there but between our 15+ years experience with this stuff, this has been the one we always turn to in those horrible cases where files get lost/corrupted.

I could be misunderstanding the problem, but the OP seems to be talking about malfunction RAM not permanent storage like a harddrive... yes? If you meant one of those flash memory sticks, aka usb sticks, then I apologize I thought you were talking about a stick of RAM.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Beguile's Mistress

It's a USB thumb drive/memory stick.  I had been using it all all day and the last time I put it in the port to store something on it my laptop couldn't access it.