You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:42:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Choice  (Read 863 times)

Offline AthosTopic starter

Choice
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »
You want to put me in my place, but you donít know where it is. So you invent one for me from your own mind. You pretty it up with thoughts and assumptions that have more to do with you than they ever did with me. You make it so attractive in your eyes that you canít help but scratch your head in confusion when I donít jump right in. First you try to coax me in with subtle hints of implied allusions to some made up reward, but I donít move.  Then you give me a little nudge, thinking if I just take one step in your direction Iíll see how much better your reality is than my own. Again I resist and you canít figure out why. Now itís time for tough love. If I insist on refusing to see just how much more fulfilling my life would be under your supervision then youíll just have to force it on me, for my own good. You push me, I push back and now youíre looking up at me from the ground. At first youíre shocked. Thatís not the behaviour youíve programmed for me, where did that come from? Then you get angry. How dare I contradict you? Donít I realize that youíre just trying to help me? That youíre just trying to make it easier for you to relate to me? I shouldnít be fighting you. In fact, I should be grateful that youíve taken the time and put in the effort. After all, itís not like I was happy with myself and my life the way it is. How could I be? You didnít choose it for me.