You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 08:11:34 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Orphanage Interest Check  (Read 1222 times)

Offline dakabnTopic starter

Orphanage Interest Check
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
IC Thread
No need to ask or even "check in," simply start adding to the story. You can have been there the whole time or just entering the place.

I will create an OOC and Character thread if this gets too crowded

Sexual content only between 18+ characters.

You should know the rules of this site. If you're unsure take a look at them again. I hereby wash my hands of anyone breaking any rules. This has opportunity for underage RP, but it is NOT ALLOWED. I am providing a sandbox and I'll warn you if I catch you but I and anyone else is welcome to report any breaking of the rules. Dieties, feel free to take whatever action if a rule is broken, including deleting the threads associated with this RP. If we can't behave, the RP isn't worth it.

This is more of a sandbox idea but I would like my character to be interacted with. I shall post her bio at some point. I'm looking for people to be staff friends, bullies, etc.

The general atmosphere is nurturing. There can be mean staff members so long as you're clever enough to not be caught by the big wigs of the orphanage who try to ensure the children's' safety.

If you want to help build more detail into this, PM me. As I come to more detail about the orphanage, etc., I'll add to this thread.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:57:58 PM by dakabn »

Re: Orphanage Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:45 PM »
This will be a mixed-medium game using threads to post solo and joint posts. Reactive solo and joint posts only. No interactive replies intended to interact with anyone within the thread. If you wish to interact with another character, please create a joint log outside the thread and once finished, you can post it in the IC thread. The thread is not for direct roleplay, you can post your character's reaction to the events going on here, but if you want to interact with other characters, please do it elsewhere (through PMs, IM, or chat-play) and then post the final transcript.

Here is a character sheet to help build a character (or more). Once I hear people say they're interested, I'll make a character thread in addition to an OOC and IC thread.

Character Name:

Age: (No one under 16. If you choose a younger age, NO SEXUAL CONTENT for your character. Not even witnessed. Not even mentioned. I would prefer younger ones NPCed.)

Standing: (Orphan or Staff)

Gender: (Player Gender does not need to match character gender)

Hair Color:   

Eye Color: 

Build: (Height and athletic, average, skinny, overweight, etc.)

Background Summary: (Information that could be included in a background summary: Birthplace / Family / Hobbies / Skills and Talents / Education / Occupation (if adult) / Medical Notes / Personality / Appearance
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:39:35 PM by dakabn »

Offline Snake

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
This will be a mixed-medium game using threads to post solo and joint posts. Reactive solo and joint posts only. No interactive replies intended to interact with anyone within the thread. If you wish to interact with another character, please create a joint log outside the thread and once finished, you can post it in the IC thread. The thread is not for direct roleplay, you can post your character's reaction to the events going on here, but if you want to interact with other characters, please do it elsewhere (through PMs, IM, or chat-play) and then post the final transcript.

Anyone interested, PM me the following Character Sheet.

Interested but not entirely sure just how it works... Mixed-medium game?

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 04:04:37 PM »
Interested but not entirely sure just how it works... Mixed-medium game?

The thread will not be used for characters to interact with each other.

Interaction posts will be built in IM and posted to the thread as a whole joint post with a notation like "JP by dakabn and Snake."

There may be some solo posts, which is personal thoughts about something or writing with NPCs.

Offline Snake

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »
That doesn't make alot of sense.... why have a thread if' it's not for interaction?

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:47 PM »
For the solo posts that don't have interaction. And to put the joint logs for posterity, if desired.

Or there doesn't need to be a thread. But if it's a group, there needs to be a thread so everyone can see others' joint logs, etc.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »
Actually, I'm going to make it Sandbox. AKA no GM, no "environment" plot. Anything that happens is determined by the players. You can play more than one character, but no sharing unless agreed upon by the originator of the character.

If anyone is interested in jumping in, I'll set up an IC and OOC thread in Extreme (maximum freedom).

I encourage people to build interactive logs another way and post it here crediting those who participated. However, play by post is also encouraged. Just quote the post you're replying to so we can keep track. :)

So regardless of your preferred medium, you can play.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:47:51 PM by dakabn »

Offline Visna

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
Interested...Will see how much interest is formed around it.

Offline Xanthaine

• The artist formerly known as Xanthaine
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Goddess of the Balance, Teacher of Champions
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »
I'm very interested, would be a bully, 'cause I is mean.  >:) But seriously, sounds like a good idea. I'm in.

Offline Karasu

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
Same here, it's kidn of interesting to see how it plays out.

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »
I've got a few nibbles. I'll try to put up an IC and OOC thread in the small groups thread. Do you guys want a character thread? (If you want to post bios, I prefer to keep that separate from the OOC.)

Also are you guys understanding the concept of sandbox? It's my idea, but I will not be narrating, GMing, directing or anything. So first person to post a description of a room or something, that's the description of the room until changed within the story.

Please remember: NO SEXUAL CONTENT BETWEEN/WITH CHARACTERS UNDER 18. There are plenty of characters you can create over 18. SOMEONE has to keep the orphanage going and keep an eye on the kids.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:13:12 PM by dakabn »

Offline Secretwriter

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 12:54:10 AM »
Underage rp is below sixteen.  Sixteen and up is allowed so long as the characters are sexually, physically, and mentally mature. I'm confused by your mention of the rules when that's not what the site rules are, Dakabn, though I'm not trying to argue or cause a fuss.  Do you just mean that you only want eighteen and up?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:55:41 AM by Secretwriter »

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 01:33:45 AM »
I'm making it a bit stricter for this particular game, yes.

Offline Caehlim

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »
Are people just playing the staff of the orphanage or are you including children of 18+ who are still at the orphanage?

Offline Secretwriter

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 01:47:04 AM »
Alright, thank you for clearing up my confusion. I might be interested. I will check back in after I have had some sleep. :-)

Offline tcost

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »
I am interested.

Now, I actually spent about a year of my childhood in an orphanage.  This was a long time ago, and I had my eighth birthday there, so there are no racy memories of the place for me. 

However, at least where I was, when you turned 18 you had a month to find someplace else to live, and had to depart from the orphanage.  I am guessing that here the age of departure would be 21 or 22 (after which the Social Security survivor's benefits, which pays a lot of the bills for the orphans, stops). 

I would be happy playing one of the kids, but I could be a staff member, too.  It might be interesting to play a fellow who will turn 18 in a few days when the game opens.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »
People can play orphans, but those interactions have to be pg13.

There can be alumni that visit, sure.

I know this is an adult forum and as I said... the adults can go at it. But I'm sure we're all capable of playing family-friendly when we play kids.

Actually, I'm also going to have to say no violence toward kids either. And I think I'll make the threads in Light.

Reminders:

- This is Sandbox. Don't wait on me to post anything or direct anything.

- You may play orphans, but no violence or sexual content toward them, with them, or witnessed by them.

- Keep in mind when adults get together, we are using a Light thread.

- I am not held liable for any players breaking of any rules, and I will call a siren on anyone who does faster than you can turn your head. I may or may not contact you first to warn you. Just be aware of the rules and abide by them.

- House rules is upping the sexual content age to 18 from 16. Teens can get romantically involved, but I want it to be so vague that if they HAD been together, no one's quite sure. Think of it as PG13 TV. The only way we know couples had sex in sitcoms is when they walked up the stairs. (If you were old enough to catch on.)

- If these rules are too strict for you, feel free to take the idea and use it elsewhere. It'd be like copywriting the color blue if I claimed the idea for my own.

- You can use play by post, but use quoted by when doing so. You can also use IM, IRC, PM or whatever and post the collaboration here so long as you give credit to all involved.

- Humans only. Basic, Modern setting.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:15:19 PM by dakabn »

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »
IC Thread
No need to ask or even "check in," simply start adding to the story. You can have been there the whole time or just entering the place.

I will create an OOC and Character thread if this gets too crowded

(I'm also going to do some cleanup and consolidate some stuff at some point.)