You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 02:04:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Thundercats 2011 Trailer.  (Read 8235 times)

Online Kunoichi

Re: Thundercats 2011 Trailer.
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
>>; Hmm.  I should probably be worried about the fact that I thought of a way to justify that, shouldn't I?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
Did it have to do with the fact that thoughts are formed by electrical impulses in the brain?

If so, then yes, be worried.  ;D

Offline Hideyori

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »
Did it have to do with the fact that thoughts are formed by electrical impulses in the brain?

Well, at least Magneto's never given his backstory the finger and led baseline humans into a gas chamber.

Oh, wait, never mind, that happened, too.

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »

Okay. .-.

:P

Offline consortium11

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
Well, at least Magneto's never given his backstory the finger and led baseline humans into a gas chamber.

Oh, wait, never mind, that happened, too.

Well technically it was one of the Xorn's as the Marvel editors desperately tried to retcon those events.

Which leaves Doom's utter betrayal of his backstory in Unthinkable even worse because it's still canon...

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Okay. .-.

:P

(You realize that to come up with my post, I would have had to come up with the same justification, right?)

Offline Hideyori

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
Well technically it was one of the Xorn's as the Marvel editors desperately tried to retcon those events.

Which leaves Doom's utter betrayal of his backstory in Unthinkable even worse because it's still canon...
And then there's One More Day. Also known by its alternate title, "Fuck you, Continuity! by Joe Quesada."

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
(You realize that to come up with my post, I would have had to come up with the same justification, right?)

(Yes, hence the :P at the end.)

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »
And at one point, John Stewart got replaced by Hal Jordan because history was changed...

Was anybody else really pissed that the CN Justice League cartoons used John Stewart as the Leagues GL and not Hal and passing it off like John was the GL who was the charter member and not Hal. Also the fact that Hal only had one appearance in the entire show. Though it was cool that Kyle did make a cameo in the show.

Offline Hideyori

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
Was anybody else really pissed that the CN Justice League cartoons used John Stewart as the Leagues GL and not Hal and passing it off like John was the GL who was the charter member and not Hal. Also the fact that Hal only had one appearance in the entire show. Though it was cool that Kyle did make a cameo in the show.
If I remember right, the staff felt that Stewart's personality, which was a little more abrasive than Rayner or Hal, was better suited in terms of potential drama.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »
True John was a little more rough than Hal or Kyle, though not as much as Guy; but that doesn't give them the excuse of screwing with continuity. Thanks to that I had a ton of people tell me that they're using the wrong person for the Green Lantern movie and that it should be a black guy. Better suited for more drama? Dude Hal: watched the destruction of his whole city, became an evil entity and almost destroyed the Earth, freed himself and crawled his way back to being the greatest Lantern of all, and beat the shit out of The Blackest Night. As for Kyle he watched two of his girlfriends die, went through not being their for his mother while she was on her death bed, and went through the stress and drama of being both the last Green Lantern in the universe and being Ion. So I think they picked the wrong GL to use.

Offline Hideyori

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
If you're referring to JL/JLU, I didn't think Rayner had actually /been/ Ion at that point, nor would it've made sense to cram the whole Emerald Twilight thing into a non-Lantern-centric cartoon.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
I'm not saying that those specific story arcs had to be in the shows but it was just to make a point that both Kyle and Hal could handle drama, probably better then John could

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
...So, who's watching the series right now?

Offline Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
I am.

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »
Yay. ^^ So, got any impressions of the series thus far?  I thought the beginning got into the action a little too quickly, myself, but aside from that, I'm really enjoying it thus far.  Thundercat society is pretty interesting, and Snarf has been amazingly successful as comedy relief.

Offline Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »
The cats seem more "We're better than you. We have the power. Piss off"...but hopefully that will change once things move along some more. They all just seem so damn cocky, except Lion-O and the twins.

Love the twin. Such cute, sneaky kittens!

I'm a little upset about Panthro.

Overall, I'll have to see the whole episode and likely a few more after to decide whether I really like it or not. It's pretty good so far. The story seems much more put together than the original. I like how Thundara is a city on Third Earth and that Mum-Ra is a known (even if some believe fake) evil rather than just someone they happen to run into.

EDIT: OMG! Mech armor! What the...?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:34:35 PM by Michi No Sora »

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
I like the way the lizards snuck in an infiltrating force, and they placed a bunch of beacons on high-value targets for artillery to lob missiles at. ^^ It was a nice tactical move, even if they have enough of a technological advantage to just blow the walls down.

Offline Jagerin

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
Yeah, the cats do seem to have quite the disadvantage. I hope they explain how the lizards got and kept secret having that kind of technology.

Trojan Lizards. *snakes head* heh...

Also, I take back what I said about Panthro...and Jaga's Clerics = Awesome.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:41:56 PM by Michi No Sora »

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
I'm watching it right this minute. It is awesome!!!! A big bonus is that now Snarf is adorable and cudly rather than bitchy and annoying.

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »
...Wow.  I wonder how the last fifteen minutes are going to end...  Is Lion-O going to be on the run?

Offline Jagerin

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
Nnnnn...scratch what I said about Panthro for a second time...still, it is seeming pretty awesome.

The story and characters seem more well put together. Snark is adorable. I want a plushie Snarf.

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
Yeah most likely they'll be running since Mum-Ra has captured Thundera there is no place for them so the only action is to run. Maybe they'll find Panthro somewhere along the way.

Online Kunoichi

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »
I'm guessing they'll pick up the kids next, myself.  We know they escaped during the battle, the only question is where they went...

Offline Jmorty33

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
Yeah they'll get the kids next, though with Mum-Ra posing as Panthro does that mean he's actually dead? Who knows we'll all have to wait till next week! Same Cat time! Same Cat channel!