You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:08:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40077 times)

Offline Alucarddalv

Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #425 on: September 05, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »
If you have an entire group of 372 and it is a group that runs together all the time I can see that but if you have even one person you pugged in that is not in epics then it is not a crutch it is simply showing someone that may not have the same game experience as you how to properly run the dungeon. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you need to. Now I know that works both ways and it could be argued that just cause you can CC doesn't mean you should. The point is that when it comes time to raid you will be using CC when the new % mans drop unless you are running with a guild group in high end raid gear you will have to CC. Really I don't see a reason not to when using the DF simply because it makes things run nice and smooth. 9 times out of 10 when people listen and just CC with out argue the dungeon goes by nice smooth and fast with little problem. I would rather have used the CC and not have needed it then not have used it and found out that we needed it and the fight either dragged on for 5 minutes or most/all of the party died.

Offline meikle

« Reply #426 on: September 05, 2011, 03:02:26 PM »
It is a valid stance, I guess!  I don't agree that it's my job to go out of my way to teach strangers how to play the game, but I don't think I've ever given someone a hard time about being new or having to modify our tactics to suit someone who wasn't quite as geared or whatever.  On the other hand, if 4/5ths of the group are geared & capable enough to handle the dungeon regardless of what the fifth member does, I'd rather just carry them through than draw the dungeon out.

But, and here's the distinction, I didn't call anyone an asshole for choosing to use CC. :p

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
There are exceptions to every statement, and I am are there are people out there that are well geared and that don't like to cc that are not Assholes or elitist. That said the majority of them are elitist snobbish assholes. I know I for one back when I was raiding regularly and was ranked in the top 20 on the server I am was one of those people. Most of the guild I was in became those people we hated most. We began to feel because we were progressing as well as we were and had become as geared as we were. We were better then most...I still do it from time to time but I try to make sure I check myself and that I go back and apologize to those people when I can if I get into that mood or line. Mainly because it is no fun to play with those people because god forbid you need ot take a holiday or a break and then come back because they will have moved on and oyu will no longer be as good as them.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #428 on: September 05, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
CC is a good tactic. It makes it easier for folks to handle things. Just because you can tank/smack down 5 to 8 mobs at once doesn't mean everyone else can. Not to mention it's a GOOD thing if you're having a bad night. I had one group where the tank and one of the DPSes dropped for 90 seconds in mid fight. That left me, Ret Pali, a druid healer and mage to work the crowd. I did my CC, the druid got off an entangle and the mage polyed.. Then I ret-tanked one mob at a time while the Healer and Mage worked to help me get things down. By the time the other two got back I was rezzing the mage and the druid was off getting something (and this is a quote) 'Something strike me blind' strong'.

Accidents happen and CC is a good tool to help keep Mr. Murphy from sucking the marrow out of your toon's bones. :D

Not to mention it's good practice for when you do the new raids. I had a lot of guys say 'I forgot I could CC'.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2011, 01:33:29 AM »
I.

Hate.

PuGs.

That is all.