You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 09:50:37 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40030 times)

Offline TheGlyphstone

Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
That wasn't a 'you' specifically, it was meant as a general 'you', regarding the people who would, under traditional DKP, theoretically only ninja stuff and abuse the system.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
We (my guild) got the first boss on BoT down and did an hour or so trash run into the flame lands for rep.

Offline meikle

« Reply #377 on: September 04, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
Maybe it's necessary if you're doing 25 man raids ... if you're doing 10 man raids, N/G is a perfectly serviceable system.  Don't play the game with people who are lame.

When I used to raid, that's how my guild did it.  If you felt you were getting screwed by bad dice, "We'll be back next week" was the response.  (Then again, the people I played with were interested in progress more than their own ilvl, so seeing people hog loot was never much of an issue.)

Offline Shjade

« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »
That's just an evil kick :/

Nah, that seems like a justified-if-wicked kick.

An evil kick is being the lone pug rogue in what's clearly a 4-man premade group including a feral druid, out-performing said druid on the damage meter (Only notable because they gave me shit for not beating his damage on the first boss - you know, the one where the melee have to keep running away from the boss to avoid getting killed so a mutilate rogue's poison will keep dropping off and require being reapplied to do most of my damage? After that boss I went into tryhard mode and stayed at #1 the rest of the instance by a fair margin.), then getting kicked before the last boss because the guild group wants to make sure their druid gets the one item I was in H-Lost City to get in the first place.

Yeah, that happened. :|

I mean, fuck, at least let me stay for the boss to get my judgement points if you're going to screw me on the drops.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:09:17 PM by Shjade »

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »
Nah, that seems like a justified-if-wicked kick.

An evil kick is being the lone pug rogue in what's clearly a 4-man premade group including a feral druid, out-performing said druid on the damage meter (Only notable because they gave me shit for not beating his damage on the first boss - you know, the one where the melee have to keep running away from the boss to avoid getting killed so a mutilate rogue's poison will keep dropping off and require being reapplied to do most of my damage? After that boss I went into tryhard mode and stayed at #1 the rest of the instance by a fair margin.), then getting kicked before the last boss because the guild group wants to make sure their druid gets the one item I was in H-Lost City to get in the first place.

Yeah, that happened. :|

I mean, fuck, at least let me stay for the boss to get my judgement points if you're going to screw me on the drops.

Yeah, kinda meant for the points (valor, if it's your first seven randoms).

Offline Shjade

« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
Valor, whatever. ;p

I got what you meant, but that guy brought it on himself by being obnoxious. I brought it on myself by having the bad luck of getting random queued with douches. :|

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2011, 08:19:31 PM »
yeah I have tanked an entire Heroic ZA bear run only to get kicked just before the chest so that they could bring in their own tank...I am guessing to get him the bear mount. It was the first time I had been able to actually get to the boss in time too.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2011, 08:24:03 PM »
I had one guy whisper me not to MD to him.. he was a mage. Apparently the last hunter he'd paired with would MD to him 'by accident'. I've heard all manners of stories from folks.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
Pugs are often.. quite able to make me want to strangle someone.
And then you get a dream run with friendly people and wonder why Blizz didn't make it possible to FL cross realm, only ignore >.>

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #384 on: September 04, 2011, 08:46:57 PM »
I have heard they are talking about extending the real id groups to include raids. If this is true that could make for some awesome groups with some of my friends who have transferred off my server.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #385 on: September 04, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
Hmm... It's relatively easy to ignore list someone you just pugged with, then to ask for their real ID.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:01:13 PM by Saerra »

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #386 on: September 04, 2011, 08:53:17 PM »
I miss understood the FL reference. I thought you meant Fire Lands not Friends list.

Offline Zakharra

« Reply #387 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
Example. We had 3 plate wearers.. (DK, Ret Pali (me) and Warrior).. Shield drops that the warrior already has.. so I can roll on greed. (for off spec). The two tanks roll on plate items that drop that are tanking.. I can roll if they pass .

OMG! You raid now with a ret paladin?  I've had to retire mine because I cannot  get her anywhere near to where she should be dps wise.  The playstyle changed too much for me in Cata and I hate it  Holy Power can go DIAF for all I care and the people who let that change go through should be castrated.

/sigh  not really, but the HP change took a LOT of the fun out of playing a Ret pally for me and I cannot get the hang of playing one anymore.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
I miss understood the FL reference. I thought you meant Fire Lands not Friends list.

Hehheehe. Yeah, sorry, I meant Friends List.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
OMG! You raid now with a ret paladin?  I've had to retire mine because I cannot  get her anywhere near to where she should be dps wise.  The playstyle changed too much for me in Cata and I hate it  Holy Power can go DIAF for all I care and the people who let that change go through should be castrated.

/sigh  not really, but the HP change took a LOT of the fun out of playing a Ret pally for me and I cannot get the hang of playing one anymore.
I both like and hate the HP change to ret pallies. It makes it so I have more buttons to push and so that I actually have to pay attention a bit more. I know we don't pull quite the same as some of the other dps at first but once we get an epic weapon and the CD rotation and spacing down we can pull nice numbers in raids.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #390 on: September 04, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »
I had one guy whisper me not to MD to him.. he was a mage. Apparently the last hunter he'd paired with would MD to him 'by accident'. I've heard all manners of stories from folks.

...I must confess, there have been times I purposely TotT'd one of the other dps in the group.

They deserved it. Honest.

>.>

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #391 on: September 04, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »
...I must confess, there have been times I purposely TotT'd one of the other dps in the group.

They deserved it. Honest.

>.>

*laughs*

I think I love you, Shjade ;D

Offline Zakharra

« Reply #392 on: September 04, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
I both like and hate the HP change to ret pallies. It makes it so I have more buttons to push and so that I actually have to pay attention a bit more. I know we don't pull quite the same as some of the other dps at first but once we get an epic weapon and the CD rotation and spacing down we can pull nice numbers in raids.

I haven't raided with my pally, but she's capable of doing heroics. Although I have only done two on her.  I did most of the Cata dungeons as Holy/healer, so that is what I am comfortable with now. Unfortunately, I have latency issues that make it real hard to heal in the afternoon/evenings, so no instances and the two heroics I did (Throne of Tides BOTH times!) were less than helpful in healing.

LFD  pugs are -not- new healer friendly. I got a ration of shit about what spells I should use, what gems and enchantments to use, what I should be doing and 'What a fucking phailhealer. L2P!'  (exact quote) from some of the other players. And this is after I told them I hadn't done any heroics.

" Yes, we WILL wipe several times guys I am LEARNING here so just have some patience."    /sigh   Unfortunately, the first group kicked me even though we -were- downing the bosses within two tries.  I guess I wasn't good enough.

I got the same sort of crap on my 82 DK  last week too.  We did the entire instance, with 2 wipes, yet I wasn't good enough. Not enough dps, no gems or enchantments (I am not going to enchant or gem leveling gear that I will be replacing fairly soon. It's a waste of gold and time.) Some mouthy gnome mage was telling me exactly what I -had- to use. Anything less was a fail tank. And the healer left after it was over with a 'L2P'.

"Come ON people! I'm a DK. We are, by definition, squishy tanks. No shield."

It's groups like that, that make me want to reach through the screen and beat the players upside the head with a crowbar.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #393 on: September 04, 2011, 09:40:28 PM »
Well if you get back into playing and want to heal I would be more then happy to offer my services to you if you happen to play horde....otherwise I am sorry I can't help....

Offline meikle

« Reply #394 on: September 04, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »
I played a frost DK and a holy paladin before I stopped playing (over this summer).

Getting a DK tank was almost always like a groan-inducing event.  Not because I think DK players are bad (but, despite playing one, it's usually the impression that I get with pugs), but because DKs are inordinately difficult to heal, especially if they're not on top of making the best of their abilities.

Also, there are a lot of people who are still in WotLK mode, where the healer is responsible for everything and DPS and tanks aren't interested or willing to do their part to mitigate the damage they take.  I remember one instance where I got dropped into a pug with a DK tank in Stonecore who ran head first into the first group and died before I could cast Flash of Light (less than 1.5 seconds!)

Then I got kicked.

Then I immediately went on to heal my way to an Amani War Bear ... so I have a hunch my healing wasn't their problem.

Offline Zakharra

« Reply #395 on: September 04, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
 She's a blood elf paladin. Velliria on Sentinels, US realm.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #396 on: September 04, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »

Also, there are a lot of people who are still in WotLK mode, where the healer is responsible for everything and DPS and tanks aren't interested or willing to do their part to mitigate the damage they take.

This. Very much so.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #397 on: September 04, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »
*laughs*

I think I love you, Shjade ;D

I don't remember much of my dungeon-running in the most recent expansion as most of it was pretty rote and dull, but I do remember at one point a pretty bad hunter was being a jerk to our tank - who was a little undergeared and inexperienced, but clearly trying and apologetic when things went wrong - as we worked our way through one of the heroic instances. On the second or third boss things looked like they were going bad and the hunter feigned death rather than try to finish off the boss before it killed us all. I kept stabbing away, healer kept me up as long as he could I vanished agro onto the healer for a little extra stabbing time, almost got him, couldn't quite. Right before he turned back around to kill me after finishing our other dps, I dumped tricks threat onto the still-feigned hunter.

He didn't think it was as funny as the rest of us did.

Offline meikle

« Reply #398 on: September 04, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
Also, my timer to kick people when I quit was 4 hours.

I couldn't initiate kicks ever. :(

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #399 on: September 04, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
The dungeon finder can either be a very forgiving and nice tool, or it can be the most pain in the ass unfair piece of garbage you have ever used. Or so this is my experience. I either get a good group...or the guys that think they know how to do everyone else's job better and try to drag everyone through with out using the proper tools at their disposal.