You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:32:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40131 times)

Offline Alucarddalv

Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2011, 10:13:32 PM »
Yes USA server and that is if I even get a response at all. Sometimes I just get the little letter in the mail telling me that they will look into the situation and that they cannot tell me any results. Which I always find funny because half the time you don't have enough room to properly describe all of what happened so how can the be looking into something they don't have all the details on?

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #351 on: September 03, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »
Here in the EU it takes ~2days to get a response.

....they MIGHT be understaffed.

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2011, 08:40:56 AM »
When I first started playing, thunder clap would flag me if it hit a flagged alliance, but they changed that.

I think avenging shield is bugged to still hit the opposite faction if they're flagged and thus flagging you, at least that's how I recall it before I left.

And yea, Blizz really couldn't care less about your RP experience being ruined. Most of the time you're likely they care about offensive/obviously non-RP names.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2011, 10:11:36 AM »
I think avenging shield is bugged to still hit the opposite faction if they're flagged and thus flagging you, at least that's how I recall it before I left.
I seem to recall that being the case since it's not AE in the same way as, say, Blizzard or Death & Decay. It's not an X targets in Y area spell, it's this target and then a couple targets near it. I wouldn't be surprised if Chain Lightning does it, too.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »
I have a question is it hard for the rest of you guys to pug decent raid groups for end game content? I never seem to be able to find a competent group, and I never seem to find players i can get to come back on a consistent basis.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2011, 05:50:37 PM »
I have a question is it hard for the rest of you guys to pug decent raid groups for end game content? I never seem to be able to find a competent group, and I never seem to find players i can get to come back on a consistent basis.

At least 2 times a week I get a pug with at LEAST one of the following.

1. I'm doing a heroic on my rogue (who BARELY qualifies for them gear wise) and have some asshat with like.. 10k gear score and doing 13+k damage complaining that I'm not pulling my weight when I pull like 6 to 8k in damage.
2. I get a tank who is looking for that ONE bit of gear and drops when when the first boss doesn't drop it.
3. I get a healer who likes to blame everyone else for why he can't keep us alive. (Note: When you're doing such craptastic healing the tank dies in the first 3 seconds of pulling a trash mob.. AFTER he and everyoen else asks if you're ready.. it's NOT the healers fault.
4. The sermonizer. Someone who berates one of the other players the WHOLE time. Cause they have the wrong gear, look wrong, are the wrong sex/race or whatever. I had one guy who was giving the tank grief through the whole damn fight cause he spiked something like 20k damage in the first fight and the tank lost agroo for 20 seconds.
5. The horder. This guy HAS to get every plant, node, leather skinning or he'll vote to boot the other person doing it.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »

Hmm... I raid with my guild, to be honest. And, no, we're not die hard, so we haven't finished Firelands yet.
I do pug on my alts, but there are a few channels that can be used here for that. For one, there are quite a bit of RP guild that hold members that do want to raid, but do not want to leave their RP guild for IC reasons. You could either try find out of your realm has something similar, or make a channel for this yourself.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »

2. I get a tank who is looking for that ONE bit of gear and drops when when the first boss doesn't drop it.
3. I get a healer who likes to blame everyone else for why he can't keep us alive. (Note: When you're doing such craptastic healing the tank dies in the first 3 seconds of pulling a trash mob.. AFTER he and everyoen else asks if you're ready.. it's NOT the healers fault.

If the tank dies THAT fast it's more likely the tank being undergeared, pulling too much or not using mitigative/controlling abilities pre-emptively than the healer's fault, to be honest. Tanks who are properly prepared for the content shouldn't explode.

Still those kinds of people are annoying, I agree. Didn't see much of the other kinds. Occasionally had people gripe about my dps as a rogue in heroics, but some of the heroics are just anti-melee dps in general. The crystal cave place, for instance. All those mobile boss fights and target-switching mechanics and idle dps periods. Crappy place for a rogue to try to shine.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #358 on: September 04, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »
*is a healer*

HC pugs...
Fully stamina gemmed/ enchanted tank.
Tank with greens and/ or dps items (the hell are you doing in a Troll HC?)
DPS that stands next to me and drops their agro on me.
Getting agro out of the blue and the dps stood next to me not doing a thing (Not my job, I'm dps, not the taaaaank)
Dps that signs up as tank for the insta-queue.

PvP BG pugs.
Full team trying to down a dps that is being healed by a healer stood next to it. >.>
Getting killed while there are at least two peelers around me (who then ask me in whisper why I wasn't healing them)
Base zerging without leaving defence behind, or even waiting for the base to get, you know, capped in the first place.
Getting sapped in a group of friendlies who do not even attempt to find the rogue.

'Heal me, noob.'
'Healer asleep?'
'Why are you OOM?'
'L2P, healer.'
'gtg' (or the disappearing tank mid-pull/ fight)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:26:31 PM by Saerra »

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #359 on: September 04, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »
If the tank dies THAT fast it's more likely the tank being undergeared, pulling too much or not using mitigative/controlling abilities pre-emptively than the healer's fault, to be honest. Tanks who are properly prepared for the content shouldn't explode.

Still those kinds of people are annoying, I agree. Didn't see much of the other kinds. Occasionally had people gripe about my dps as a rogue in heroics, but some of the heroics are just anti-melee dps in general. The crystal cave place, for instance. All those mobile boss fights and target-switching mechanics and idle dps periods. Crappy place for a rogue to try to shine.

I run a full raid geared Pally tank and I have exploded in 5 secs because even using my Cd's because my healer wasn't paying attention...okay so maybe 5 secs is a gross under estimate but you get the idea.

Also i have tried those channels and groups and they tend to not know what they are doing more then the ones I pick up from trade. That or 90% of them are decked in pvp gear to raise their Item Level.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
Alucarddalv, make a channel/ group (post about it on your realm's forum). Use DKP in your raids.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2011, 06:29:24 PM »

It was the Lost City.. the guy groused about me the WHOLE way thru, trying to rush us because he needed the end boss.. the group leader booted him from the group AT the end boss.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
It was the Lost City.. the guy groused about me the WHOLE way thru, trying to rush us because he needed the end boss.. the group leader booted him from the group AT the end boss.

That's just an evil kick :/

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
Alucarddalv, make a channel/ group (post about it on your realm's forum). Use DKP in your raids.

I refuse to use DKP I hate that system of loot I have a modified master loot that states if you win somethign and roll on another piece it will get passed to a person that hasn't won an item. I also have it set up so that if you have epic gear and the other person is in worse gear then you they get priority. At least that was what I prefer.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
I refuse to use DKP I hate that system of loot I have a modified master loot that states if you win somethign and roll on another piece it will get passed to a person that hasn't won an item. I also have it set up so that if you have epic gear and the other person is in worse gear then you they get priority. At least that was what I prefer.

My guild has a Need, Greed Rule..with the modifier that if you got a piece of gear you're out of the rolls till everyone who can need the gear has gotten something.

Off spec is 'greed'.

Example. We had 3 plate wearers.. (DK, Ret Pali (me) and Warrior).. Shield drops that the warrior already has.. so I can roll on greed. (for off spec). The two tanks roll on plate items that drop that are tanking.. I can roll if they pass .

It's done failry well. Of course our lack of Shaman/Hunters makes a LOT of agi mail/weapons go to raid rolls for selling/de

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »

I mean, if you use DKP, you will have returning players.
*shrugs* I really do not get why people hate the DKP system so much. It's quite fair (for returning raiders)

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2011, 07:02:57 PM »
I mean, if you use DKP, you will have returning players.
*shrugs* I really do not get why people hate the DKP system so much. It's quite fair (for returning raiders)

The problem is it takes time to build up enough points to get stuff.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
The problem is it takes time to build up enough points to get stuff.

Which would be a reason for raiders to return.

I'm not saying it's even remotely handy for casual raiders, but if Alucard wants a raiding group (without setting up a raiding guild), DKP can help him to maintain his raiders.
That's all.
I'm not attacking the Need/ Greed system.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
The other problem with it is if you have some one that is fairly well geared they can horde their points and then just completely out bid anyone when the new raid content drops and the rest of the group has been gearing up. It is also not fair to a person that you pull in only every once and a while. I just don't like the idea in general especially since I have known some real dicks that an technically use the gear and will roll on it just to roll even if they have no real intention of using it. With Dk if they wanted to be an ass and had lots of points they could just out right buy it.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2011, 07:16:06 PM »
The other problem with it is if you have some one that is fairly well geared they can horde their points and then just completely out bid anyone when the new raid content drops and the rest of the group has been gearing up. It is also not fair to a person that you pull in only every once and a while. I just don't like the idea in general especially since I have known some real dicks that an technically use the gear and will roll on it just to roll even if they have no real intention of using it. With Dk if they wanted to be an ass and had lots of points they could just out right buy it.

The guild I raided with didn't have that problem, because each tier of content had its own DKP pool that was tracked independently.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »

Using DKP to ninja gear, is still ninjaing. People like that should have no raiding spot.

The guild I raided with didn't have that problem, because each tier of content had its own DKP pool that was tracked independently.

Agreed.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
Really DKP just seems like a bigger pain in the ass. I like the modified loot master. Need before greed and once you win a piece you can't win another unless your the only one to roll on it.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
Really DKP just seems like a bigger pain in the ass. I like the modified loot master. Need before greed and once you win a piece you can't win another unless your the only one to roll on it.

So what's your incentive to raid, get your item, then not show up for a few weeks instead of watching everyone else get their gear? There's no loot system that's asshat-proof, basically.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
So what's your incentive to raid, get your item, then not show up for a few weeks instead of watching everyone else get their gear? There's no loot system that's asshat-proof, basically.

Had a few of those show up in the old days.. they'd game the system we had in place sicne they had the coin for stuff like Greater Resist potions, and the rest of the goods (we're talking....waaaaay back when my guild used DKP.. vanilla WoW days)

They'd come in.. slip in the cap for gear points (pots, food, ect) get their gear.. then drop out of the raid to the next week.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »
My incentive to raid is to have fun plain as that. having to keep track of a lot of extra shit from raid to raid is a pain in the ass. The loot system I have seen used and like only works for the current raid week and resets the same day as the raids. I also raid for the progression I start to get frustrated and lose my desire to raid after the 50th or so attempt on a boss with no progress( IE not moving to the next phase or staying stuck in the same phase.)