You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 01:00:33 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40025 times)

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2011, 10:21:24 PM »
I still believe the Night Elf female to have the best dance in WoW.... >.>
I want it for my Blood Elves! ...yes, for the males. Shush!

Offline Shjade

« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »
Sorry, female tauren have the best dance, bar none. Not the sexiest, nor the most technically challenging, but so smooth, baby, so smooth.

Also, I would bet you could kill the slime with a frost-spec DK.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
Sorry, female tauren have the best dance, bar none. Not the sexiest, nor the most technically challenging, but so smooth, baby, so smooth.

Also, I would bet you could kill the slime with a frost-spec DK.

Hm, not sure, the DK we used was Blood/ Unholy. Maybe. I'm just surprised an SP couldn't with Mind Spikes.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
the reason it is so tough is the amount of frost damage you need to put out is actually pretty high. As stated a frost dk might...might be able to do it but your best bet is still a frost mage....hell any mage.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #329 on: September 02, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
Give your SP a frost-damage wand, and between them and the Frost DK, you might be able to pull it off. 75 frost attacks in 15 seconds needed to shatter him, according to Wowpedia.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
the reason it is so tough is the amount of frost damage you need to put out is actually pretty high. As stated a frost dk might...might be able to do it but your best bet is still a frost mage....hell any mage.
Give your SP a frost-damage wand, and between them and the Frost DK, you might be able to pull it off. 75 frost attacks in 15 seconds needed to shatter him, according to Wowpedia.

Well, we were just doing for shit and giggles. I do have a mage I could log to for that boss if the guild ever decides to try fun stuff while.. utterly drunk *nods*
I take it frost lance spam will get it down? (for future reference)

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2011, 10:51:16 PM »
Honestly, I'm not sure even a single 85 frost mage could do it, because it's damage-independent. You need more than 25 hits in 15 seconds, because it takes 25 hits to push him into the next 'brittle' stage, and every 15 seconds he thaws 'back' one stage. Unless Frost Lance is off the global cooldown, one mage spamming it would only get 15 hits in 15 seconds (or 10, if it's 1.5sec, I forget).

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »
well then according to that you would need two people able to put out frost damage....two mages or a mage and a dk....With two mages you could just spam Blizzard in theory with enough haste.

Then again if the rumors are true it may be a moot point soon enough. rumors floating around are that we may see AQ 20 and 40 as two of the 3 new five mans in 4.3.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:56:19 PM by Alucarddalv »

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
GCD   1.5 seconds (Ice Lance) Hmmm... Yeaaaah.. (Just looked it up, because I've never wondered all too much.)
Though my Frost mage has a lot of Haste, I'm pretty sure I can't pull that many lances out of my ass in that period of time xD

Then again if the rumors are true it may be a moot point soon enough. rumors floating around are that we may see AQ 20 and 40 as two of the 3 new five mans in 4.3.

Maybe. But I still find discussions like this to be fun.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:07:39 PM by Saerra »

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
you can get Ice lance down to a sec if you hit your Haste cap...as haste lowers the GCD as well as spell cast time...but still would require a second person dealing 10-15 frost attacks with you.... Now if you could get the haste up high enough on a frost DK you might be able to pull off quite a large number of hits if it counts each tick of icy touch as a separate hit, and you have a massive amount of Runic Power for frost strikes. Also another thought what if you had a pair of cheap weapons that you enchanted with the weapon enchant that adds frost damage. Do you think that would count as well?

Offline Aiden

« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
Ohh man AQ 40 and 20, I can't wait to do that again! -_-

Cthun stomach! It was only a set back!

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #336 on: September 03, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »
Another day of dailies and another encounter with a pair of asshats.  Was doing the 'clear the roost' part of the molten front daily quests  and a trio of hordies were running around flagged, looking for AOEs against the elementals to get folks flagged and pvp.

(And before the horde guys jump in with counters, I know allies folks do this too)

I got to ask..why in the hell do they do it? Can't you make more pvp honor killing on a BF?

Offline Black Howling

• Lady Luna's Werewolf, Blitzy's Otis, Lizzy's Alpha Comfort, Sephy's Cloak, Vampy's Other man, Always Big and Bad
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Even Bad Wolves can be good
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #337 on: September 03, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »
Another day of dailies and another encounter with a pair of asshats.  Was doing the 'clear the roost' part of the molten front daily quests  and a trio of hordies were running around flagged, looking for AOEs against the elementals to get folks flagged and pvp.

(And before the horde guys jump in with counters, I know allies folks do this too)

I got to ask..why in the hell do they do it? Can't you make more pvp honor killing on a BF?
Yeah, but this way they have the drop sometimes. People don't notice em, where as on the BG's everyone knows who they are fighting and they actually have to coordinate and work for it. That's the reason both sides go into asshat mode and try to get each other flagged.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #338 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
It used to be that the only way you could get flagged was to target a player and actively attack them....just getting hit by an AoE from you wasn't enough and didn't actually hit them or flag you...I know as a Pally back in the day when we could keep consecration up all the time I had a couple of people try to stand in my consecration and cause me to flag and it would not work So is it only certain AoEs that cause you to flag now?

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »
you can get Ice lance down to a sec if you hit your Haste cap...as haste lowers the GCD as well as spell cast time...but still would require a second person dealing 10-15 frost attacks with you.... Now if you could get the haste up high enough on a frost DK you might be able to pull off quite a large number of hits if it counts each tick of icy touch as a separate hit, and you have a massive amount of Runic Power for frost strikes. Also another thought what if you had a pair of cheap weapons that you enchanted with the weapon enchant that adds frost damage. Do you think that would count as well?

That frost enchant has a reduced effect for players above 60, though, so the procs will be neglectable.

It used to be that the only way you could get flagged was to target a player and actively attack them....just getting hit by an AoE from you wasn't enough and didn't actually hit them or flag you...I know as a Pally back in the day when we could keep consecration up all the time I had a couple of people try to stand in my consecration and cause me to flag and it would not work So is it only certain AoEs that cause you to flag now?

You had to be flagged for your aoes to hit flagged players. That much I do recall.
I'm not sure how it works now (in detail) but have been flagged now and then. It's quite annoying >.>

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
All I know is as a pali I throw out consecrate, avenging shield (I was in tank hat) and those were my only AOEs being used..and then suddenly I'm flagged and 3 hordies are curb stomping me along with the quest npcs helping out.. so it was like 12 on 1

Offline Black Howling

• Lady Luna's Werewolf, Blitzy's Otis, Lizzy's Alpha Comfort, Sephy's Cloak, Vampy's Other man, Always Big and Bad
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #341 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:07 PM »
All I know is as a pali I throw out consecrate, avenging shield (I was in tank hat) and those were my only AOEs being used..and then suddenly I'm flagged and 3 hordies are curb stomping me along with the quest npcs helping out.. so it was like 12 on 1
Yeah, they are good at it. >_< I didn't have to worry about it most of the time, as I was on a PVP server and it was a constant thing which I actually found was better then getting flagged right and left, but eh; still sucked.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #342 on: September 03, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »

To be honest, on a pve realm, that does feel like grieving. But I'm sure it can't be reported >.>'

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #343 on: September 03, 2011, 09:03:07 PM »
Blizzards Definition of Grieving changes based on the situation it seems. Sadly the only time Blizzard reacts to most cases of reported grieving is if there is also a chance the person is a hacker or a gold spammer. otherwise they ignore it because in the original manual included with WoW it stated that any pvp activity was  part of the game even when not on a realm and that you should simply either not flag or move to another area.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #344 on: September 03, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
Hm, agreed, Alucard. Blizz is known for this jumping through their own loopholes.

Though I could report it due to it breaking my RP experience as I'm on an RP realm >.> <.<
Oh, hello, loophole! *grins*

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #345 on: September 03, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »
Sadly that doesn't work...I play on Scarlet Crusade...an RP realm and they say it doesn't matter the only difference in rules between a non RP realm and an RP realm is the naming policy that is it.

Offline Black Howling

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #346 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »
Sadly that doesn't work...I play on Scarlet Crusade...an RP realm and they say it doesn't matter the only difference in rules between a non RP realm and an RP realm is the naming policy that is it.
Are you serious? That sucks...

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #347 on: September 03, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
Hmmm.... I might try it, though. Breaking immersion is an RP violation. It should be reportable.

Offline Alucarddalv

« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
Maybe you will have better results than I have in the past. I know the only time I get any kind of timely response is if I report a hacker...everytime I have tried to report grieving it takes 3-4 hours to get a response.

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2011, 10:09:56 PM »
God, that's fast. USA server...?