You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 08:16:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40091 times)

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2011, 09:38:56 PM »
Really? My main rogue is a Quel'dorei from an alternate timeline, but I don't think I ever got raged at about it. You poor thing. D:

I have.. a few elitists on the realm. Anything remotely Elven gets shot, let alone the more creative Elven characters.
Then again.. we did have a full Violet Dragon Flight at some point in Silvermoon, which even I found a bit... much.
To each their own in my book, though.

Offline ElizabethRayne

• Sleep sugar let your dreams flood in....
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • Non ambuletis abesse, dum mundus ardens ...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »
Having only read the first post to this thread and seeing as there are like 12 pages of comments and it being 12am for me. I'll keep this short and sweet.

I play both Alliance and Horde and in the end in my opinion it doesn't matter what side you're on you'll come across dick heads on either side. If you PVP you'll automatically hate the other side. There will always be trolls. 9-18 year old kids with no jobs saying you're a noob. There will always be gold farmers. There will always be that guild you hate. There will always be Lore addicts and people complaining your RP is incorrect because it's not lore specific. And there will always be one side bitching the other has better/more perks then they do. There will always be someone saying one class/race/faction is better then another. Racism/Sexism/classism its alive and well in WoW and I don't see it going away. Ever.

-Elizabeth Rayne
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:49:42 PM by ElizabethRayne »

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2011, 11:16:12 PM »
On the 'Horde get all the evil quests' topic from a while back, I just did the Thousand Needles quest chain for the gnomes that involves trying to swindle the centaurs out of their oil reserves with fake gold, then murdering them and taking it anyways when they see through the ruse. Made me feel kinda skeevy.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2011, 12:44:46 AM »
On the 'Horde get all the evil quests' topic from a while back, I just did the Thousand Needles quest chain for the gnomes that involves trying to swindle the centaurs out of their oil reserves with fake gold, then murdering them and taking it anyways when they see through the ruse. Made me feel kinda skeevy.

Must be a graduate of Goblin Business School (or engineering).

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2011, 05:16:20 AM »
a) Would be playing Horde if they didn't have Blood Elves (or played Horde pre-BC)

My main was an orc, then a troll, then I stuck with blood elves. I got really annoyed with the poor quality graphics of orc and troll females after a while, honestly, compared to belves. They looked so dated :\ If Horde didn't have belves, though, it wouldn't matter. It was where my friends were, so I'd have stuck with it.

b) Play a horde race other then Blood Elf as their main

My mains when I left WoW were a troll and a blood elf.

Honestly, I hated a large portion of the orc/troll/tauren community on Moon Guard for the most part. A good many of them felt they were 'better' than those that played blood elves, and I just don't really understand why someone would judge your value as an individual or a roleplayer based on what races you like to play. Didn't help that my blood elf was married to a troll. No matter that there was 3 years of roleplay behind it, it'd never be good enough for some people.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:18:24 AM by Anjasa »

Offline Shjade

« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2011, 05:16:35 AM »

The Horde version with goblins is pretty much identical.

Clearly Blizzard wants us to understand that tiny people are just inherently greedy bastards, regardless of political affiliation.

@Saerra: I have to admit, my first reaction to anyone claiming to be a dragon in WoW RP was, and would still be if I were still playing, "orly." Not that I'm against dragons, and they certainly show up in humanoid forms often enough in the Warcraft 'verse, but...people have a tendency to play dragon characters as I-win-any-conflict-automatically characters, which is bullshit regardless of your lore. We are not here to listen to how awesome you are; take it somewhere else.

Fortunately, it's quite easy (and plausible) for someone hearing someone else claiming to actually be a dragon in disguise to think said person is a loony and treat them as such, defusing the problem since, well, what are they going to do about it? Turn into a dragon and eat me? No? I thought not.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »
*hopes the link works*

Just saw this and found it funny;

The Horde version with goblins is pretty much identical.

Clearly Blizzard wants us to understand that tiny people are just inherently greedy bastards, regardless of political affiliation.

@Saerra: I have to admit, my first reaction to anyone claiming to be a dragon in WoW RP was, and would still be if I were still playing, "orly." Not that I'm against dragons, and they certainly show up in humanoid forms often enough in the Warcraft 'verse, but...people have a tendency to play dragon characters as I-win-any-conflict-automatically characters, which is bullshit regardless of your lore. We are not here to listen to how awesome you are; take it somewhere else.

Fortunately, it's quite easy (and plausible) for someone hearing someone else claiming to actually be a dragon in disguise to think said person is a loony and treat them as such, defusing the problem since, well, what are they going to do about it? Turn into a dragon and eat me? No? I thought not.

Hmmm, well the Story behind the guild was pretty well done. Just.. not everyone played by their rules and did what you described as the 'automatic win feature'.

Turn into a dragon. Hmmm... Vial of sands.
The Vial of the Sands is a mount item, which teaches you to transform into a Sandstone Drake.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:42:18 PM by Saerra »

Offline Aiden

« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
Turn into a dragon. Hmmm... Vial of sands.

I'm debating making this for myself...I really want to turn into a dragon!

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
I'm debating making this for myself...I really want to turn into a dragon!

Does it actually count as a mount? (For your achievements, I mean.)
Not looked into due to my main having enchanting/ tailoring. My alchemy alt would have to level archaeology from.. ehm.. 0 >.> <.<

Offline Aiden

« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
I have not even started archaeology, but I want to. I have this new kick to chase achievements after talking down about them for so long. Fuck these nerd points!

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
I might loose what sanity I have left if I have to level it again *mumbles something bout those EFFING night elf digsites..*

Same.. I recently got over 9k achievement points. Never bothered with them before. I wonder what's up. More people seem to be farming them o.o

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »
I tried really, really hard to get the vial of sands.

If you have amazing luck, you're looking at probably 12-18 hours :|

I never did get it, even though I got 2 canopic jars.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »
Zin'Rohk, so disappointed.  I don't think I'll ever get it again (had the original and RP'ed with it.)  Maybe with the new patch (4.3) I'll reskin one of my swords with it...

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2011, 10:55:35 PM »
Zin'Rohk, so disappointed.  I don't think I'll ever get it again (had the original and RP'ed with it.)  Maybe with the new patch (4.3) I'll reskin one of my swords with it...

I already got a few grouses on that new changes coming. All the stuff I'd LIKE to use.. long gone or never got. Then there are the things that are no longer in the game (I want to put my rogue in something simple like Blackened Defias Leathers..which don't exist anymore) AND you have to stay in the same category.. so no Burning Gem diadem for my pali because the item I want to do it on is a mail item, and no 'eyepatch' for my hunter (eye patches are leather items so far..been looking)

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »
I already got a few grouses on that new changes coming. All the stuff I'd LIKE to use.. long gone or never got. Then there are the things that are no longer in the game (I want to put my rogue in something simple like Blackened Defias Leathers..which don't exist anymore) AND you have to stay in the same category.. so no Burning Gem diadem for my pali because the item I want to do it on is a mail item, and no 'eyepatch' for my hunter (eye patches are leather items so far..been looking)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=31547/malefactors-eyepatch

Apparently the only mail eyepatch in the game. Not read the comments, sorry.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #291 on: August 24, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
http://www.wowhead.com/item=31547/malefactors-eyepatch

Apparently the only mail eyepatch in the game. Not read the comments, sorry.

Quest item.. long since gone. :(

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »
Ah blast. Sorry :s

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
Ah blast. Sorry :s

Not your fault. I suffered from the same problem as everyone else who is an 85. There is only so much space one has. Like the Blackened Defias alternatives.. you can get a similar chest.. BUT they are all low level quests long ago done. :(

Offline Shjade

« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »
When I read that change was incoming on the Escapist I found myself glad I'd pre-emptively removed the temptation it would create. I already sold the majority of my RP gear and stuff when I quit the game, so I'd have nothing to reskin if I went back, meaning the change does nothing to me. Hooray no temptation to return to the game~

Offline Aiden

« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71018#.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »
http://www.wowhead.com/item=71018#.

Yeah like my guild is ready.. :D We're still getting eaten by trash out there. :D

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2011, 01:40:30 AM »
Blizz has said in an interview that they're looking into bringing back the older armor in some fashion.  For my Rogue, I want the assassination set, and Deathmantle, the tier five, back in Burning Crusade, the last time they had roguish armor.

And I admit to an inordinate fondness for the tier four Warrior, Warbringer.

Is it just me or is the odd number armor sets for the Warrior, or just melee in general, look dorky, but the even numbered ones look decent to cool?

Also, I still have the DK starter items, the greens and the blues, which are still the coolest looking armours.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »

Most of the armor sets look kinda lame. Windwalker for rogues looks STUPID.

I am in the process of collecting my Death Mantle, that was the best rogue set ever...before that it was Bloodfang.

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
So, before the power went out at our house due to the Hurricane (forcing me and my fiancee to visit family for a day or so), I did something I thought was going to be very stupid. Spent 12K for a new weapon, (the L359 purple blacksmith).. but then I started doing Cataclysm heroics I couldn't before.. and I think I've completed five heroics that I've never before :)