You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 11:58:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40033 times)

Offline Chris Brady

Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2011, 05:11:59 PM »
I got to ask.. Has anyone done the 'leader killing' acheivement  since the ability to fly in the regular sections of Azeroth came out? I'm just curious. I mean it would make getting to MOST of the leaders a lot easier. (Ironforge/Undercity being exceptions)
Tried, it's actually EASIER to do it against the Alliance now.  Horde side has WAY too much defensive power.

Garrosh's entrance is a bottleneck with wall, forcing you to either split your forces to cover the two ways (Which ironically is still the front door) or get slammed in the ass.  The Kor'Kon (or whatever they're called now) are still overpowered.  And worse?  It's in the front of the city with the banks, the AH and other high traffic areas of the city, meaning local defenders will be able to respond in seconds.

Undercity's cramped caverns and tight tunnels are as much a bane now, as they were when you couldn't fly, so Sylvannus is still well covered.

Thunderbluff is a trap.  High above the ground with a boss that pushes people obscene distances.  Inta-raid wipes.

One the other hand, Ironforge has a tunnel in which the Horde can now use to stage attacks, instead of just getting lodged into the throne room.

Stormwind has an open air PARK right beside the throne room.

Gnomeregan is not that big a threat, and it's so out of the way from high end players that it's easy to crush.

The only two that haven't changed is due to Blizzard forgetting to update the Burning Crusade content.

On Feathermoon the regicide has actually slowed to a crawl.  Most Horde has already got the achievements, and the Alliance (being the disorganized slobs that we are) can't seem to actually get anywhere.  Not to mention that the Alliance have a visibly harder time of it now.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
Because Horde are better we protect our leaders, Suck it Alliance!

Offline Shjade

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:59:33 PM by Shjade »

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »
Because Horde are better Blizzard favors Horde wethey protect ouryour leaders, Suck it Alliance!

Fixed that for you. ;D

Offline Shjade

« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:13 PM »
Fixed that for you. ;D

The structure of Alterac Valley begs to differ.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2011, 09:23:53 PM »
Which they changed about five times, because the Horde kept getting stomped.  And Blizzard still haven't gotten it.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:32 PM »

People actually play Alterac Valley?

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »
People actually play Alterac Valley?

I do >.>

And the entrance where the Horde comes into AV has been set back a bit. That's the only change in setting I can I think of.
Horde basically won AV too much due to a zerg strategy. Setting back their entrance made it a little more hard to win in the same manner.

I miss old AV days, though. AV could take eight hours or more. *grumps*

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
I thought AV was the only 5v5 battleground in the game, because 35 people on both sides always went AFK at the start of the battle... ;D

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
I thought AV was the only 5v5 battleground in the game, because 35 people on both sides always went AFK at the start of the battle... ;D

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

So true, though.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »

Not to mention it took them what.. a year or more to fix some of the pro-horde bugs in the other orginal content BGs?

Offline Aiden

« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
"Three years of blood, sweat and tears. Mostly tears... The amount of crying that a hardened soldier does when it comes down to all-out war is amazing! 'They're jumping into our tower with their horses!' 'Why is their base so well defended?' 'They're taking our relief hut, I'm going A.W.O.L.!' Wimps... I took the first train out of "cry-town" the minute the Dark Portal opened. Now I'm a top gun for the Dragonmaw. If you want to be top orc, you'll have to defeat me." -Commander Mulverick in SMV

Best WoW Quote ever!

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »

Best WoW Quote ever!

"iffin' yeh don't sumtimes shoot a small furry animal out yer gun, 'oh would yeh keep it clean? The druid's don't have an answer to THAT one!"

Fargo Flintlink, Engineer, Warrior and weapons maker (Such things as the Beaver Pike, The Chuck-shot and more)

Offline Shjade

« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2011, 03:37:08 AM »
"Three years of blood, sweat and tears. Mostly tears... The amount of crying that a hardened soldier does when it comes down to all-out war is amazing! 'They're jumping into our tower with their horses!' 'Why is their base so well defended?' 'They're taking our relief hut, I'm going A.W.O.L.!' Wimps... I took the first train out of "cry-town" the minute the Dark Portal opened. Now I'm a top gun for the Dragonmaw. If you want to be top orc, you'll have to defeat me." -Commander Mulverick in SMV

Best WoW Quote ever!

The little bits of history like that were nice for me, since I only started playing at the beginning of BC and missed out on the years of QQ before that in vanilla.

Kicked those races' asses, too. Got my whip. =D

Offline mannik

« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2011, 06:02:46 AM »
In my personal experience...the alliance is full off ass holes. For the brief time I was playing the game I had both alliance and horde characters and it seemed that playing horde I had far more trouble with some high level alliance guys coming into low level horde territory to harrass me while I'm trying to run quests than I had playing alliance.

Hell, there have been times when I pass a level 50 orc with my measly lvl 20 night elf, and they keep walking. Don't stop to stick a knife in my back or nothing. That NEVER happened when playing the horde. Saw an alliance guy, they tried to kill me. Every time. There was even one time I had to give up on my new character because some level 40 hunter douche decided he was going to go camp the valley of trials. If he didn't get us his pet would.

I mean, you don't even get honor points for killing people that drastically lower than you so what the hell is the point?

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2011, 08:50:29 AM »
Well, if we're trading personal anecdotes of evidence, the first time I ever got 'ganked' was Horde-on-Alliance...I was in Felwood back in Classic killing furbolgs, and there was some Hordie trying to farm the same mobs....rather than just keep farming, he tricked me into flagging myself by running into my AoE, then had his 60+ buddies crush me. This included stationing friends at each of the nearby graveyards, so I couldn't even spirit rez without being killed.  Never had that happen to me on my Horde toons.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
I recall one weekend (back in classic) where a trio undead went around killing every quest PC/flight master in lake shire/dark shire. There was one point where the rest of their guild showed up and had at least 2 rogues camping each graveyard. Took SIX high end guilds to finally come in and kill them all off.

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »
So a little experiment here:

Of all the Horde players in this thread, how many of you

a) Would be playing Horde if they didn't have Blood Elves (or played Horde pre-BC)

b) Play a horde race other then Blood Elf as their main

Offline Shjade

« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
a) Would be playing Horde if they didn't have Blood Elves (or played Horde pre-BC)

Well, since I already quit, this will be past tense, but regardless!

a) I would've been Horde regardless. My very first character was a Nelf hunter, which I quit and deleted not because of race options but because I hated the Alliance quests and starting zones. Horde quest progression just worked much better for me, and I liked the characters more in general. Community interests came up later.

b) If no new races had been introduced, I likely would have moved from my Forsaken warlock main to an Orc rogue and then to an Orc DK (where I went from Forsaken warlock to Belf rogue and then DK in the actual game). I made them Belfs rather than Orcs as they suited my RP purposes better (Orcs being a bit more on the brutish/brash side than the sneaky and agile side), but I like Orcs fine. Too much tusk on Trolls. ;p

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »
I play on PVE servers, but I was shocked to hear that people think the ALLIANCE is a bunch of gankers and campers.. it was the Horde who does most of the tactics.. (or creating ways to CAUSE people to get Ganked., Ie the fishing exploit where they hang around and then right as the fish gets caught, they jump to the bob, hoping for a misclick meaning the poor Allie becomes pvpflagged and thus fair game)

Offline Shjade

« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
I play on PVE servers, but I was shocked to hear that people think the ALLIANCE is a bunch of gankers and campers.. it was the Horde who does most of the tactics.. (or creating ways to CAUSE people to get Ganked., Ie the fishing exploit where they hang around and then right as the fish gets caught, they jump to the bob, hoping for a misclick meaning the poor Allie becomes pvpflagged and thus fair game)
As with all of the examples in this thread, it happens in both factions, with tendency changing by server. On Shadow Council, when that Sunstrider area showed up near the end of BC I recall the new gear vendors being overrun by flagged Draenei on their elephants so that anyone even attempting to use the vendor was pretty much guaranteed to click something red instead and get insta-ganked by the NPC guards. Of course, that was the first week; the second week it was mostly Tauren on kodos. Whether the Tauren would have done it if the Draenei players hadn't started it, I can't say. For all I know it was the same players switching factions for the lulz of trolling everyone on both sides.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:29 PM »

I was there before the prissy little bastards, I can live without them.

I don't have any blood elves as my main, I have one alt who I play with someone else from E and that is it really since the options for paladin did not stretch to tauren when I created him.

I play orc and tuaren mostly

Offline Saerrael

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »

a) Yes, I would. I'd play Undead, Troll or Orc.
I do play two Trolls at the moment, but not as a main. I've played Undead and Orc before.
I just don't like Tauren nor do I enjoy Goblins.

b) I play a few Sin'dorei. Though my main is Quel'dorei.
Feel free to rage at that, I'm used to it.

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2011, 09:23:40 PM »
I play mostly humans (go with what I know, right? :D).. but yeah, the few Hordies I play are Belfs,.. Never want to play another NElf, not only did I find the starting areas not fun (mostly because they were empty), but there's a stigma on NElves on my server.

I guess I'm just a stock fantasy type of player, with Stormwind's traditional (Chapel, Town, City) set up, and the high magic level version of Silverymoon being something I already know and like. The Dwarf area is decent, but the Hordies are much too "back to nature" ish for my tastes otherwise

I have to admit, I could live just fine without seeing a NElf somersault or Belf spin jump ever again.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »
b) I play a few Sin'dorei. Though my main is Quel'dorei.
Feel free to rage at that, I'm used to it.

Really? My main rogue is a Quel'dorei from an alternate timeline, but I don't think I ever got raged at about it. You poor thing. D: