You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 02:13:04 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40103 times)

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »
I started the thread out of curiosity, not out of fanaticism for a fictional faction.  It just seemed odd the way Horde players would look down on me for not playing Horde.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
I started the thread out of curiosity, not out of fanaticism for a fictional faction.  It just seemed odd the way Horde players would look down on me for not playing Horde.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I've had the same thing happen by an Alliance player. I was told I wasn't a "True" WoW player because my 85 wasn't an Alliance character. At the same time I told said person that it could be said to him cause his level 85 wasn't a Horde character. Each faction can be equally douchetastic.

Offline Jin

« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »

Well the way I see it it is a choice you can -choose- to play either Alliance or Horde. Though it seems that you look down on us for playing Horde. So how is that fair? I mean I have seen  the fanatical players on both sides. My boss was just telling me the other day about two guys who about got into a fist fight because one of them played Alliance and the other was Horde. Both sides are just as bad...

Just to point out. Every time someone bashes the Horde in this thread you always give it a +1. And are talking about how good the Alliance is. How is that not being fanatical?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:54:07 AM by Jin »

« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »
Though it seems that you look down on us for playing Horde. So how is that fair?

*blinks*

Where in the world did you get that idea?  I resent being looked down on by a lot of Horde players I've met, but I don't think any less of them for their own choice.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2011, 08:56:31 AM »
*blinks*

Where in the world did you get that idea?  I resent being looked down on by a lot of Horde players I've met, but I don't think any less of them for their own choice.

He went back an added this:

Just to point out. Every time someone bashes the Horde in this thread you always give it a +1. And are talking about how good the Alliance is. How is that not being fanatical?

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »
Because it's SRS BZNS.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #231 on: August 16, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »
Because it's SRS BZNS.

+1! You made me laugh so hard when I saw this! Thank you so much sir! :D

« Reply #232 on: August 16, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
*sighs*

I'm no longer going to post in any OOC thread on E that doesn't directly relate to the games on E that I'm part of.  I'm tired of being questioned and constantly having to justify every word I say.  Better to just avoid any form of discussion at all.  Have fun, y'all.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:11 PM »
Explanation and justification aren't the same thing. When people want to know more about your point of view they're asking for an explanation of what you've said, or possibly extrapolation upon something you've said.

That's only a justification if you feel being asked to clarify your position means your position is under attack.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2011, 08:16:57 PM »
And now for some WoW humour!

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!  Because of the topic.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

*pfffffft*

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »

*rimshot*

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2011, 07:43:48 PM »
I thought that would go over well.   ;D

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »
Hee Hee.

So, today I was looking over my bank account and I noticed a big charge from World of Warcraft.. I realized that when I stopped playing it, I had forgotten to cancel, so I decided since I already had paid, I'd better play.. so I got back in today..

So if you see Laiana, L85 Human Warrior on Moon Guard, wave hi :)

(and I see what you mean by Goldshire, I used to hang there (even have my collection of pretty dresses to prove it! ;).. but it was a MOB scene earlier today when I dropped by to see how it had changed :))

Edit: Hmm.. wonder what to do with all the stuff in the bank, no one but me from my guild has logged on in a month (small guild, but we had a lot of 85's)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:25:03 AM by AllieCat »

Offline Aiden

« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
I liked Garrosh more after seeing this.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »
I got to ask.. Has anyone done the 'leader killing' acheivement  since the ability to fly in the regular sections of Azeroth came out? I'm just curious. I mean it would make getting to MOST of the leaders a lot easier. (Ironforge/Undercity being exceptions)

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
I'd vote for him. Pity the Horde isn't a democracy.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
I got to ask.. Has anyone done the 'leader killing' acheivement  since the ability to fly in the regular sections of Azeroth came out? I'm just curious. I mean it would make getting to MOST of the leaders a lot easier. (Ironforge/Undercity being exceptions)
I believe you can fly down the corridors of the Undercity if you take the flight path sewer entrance...not sure, I don't recall trying it.

Thrall 2: The Garroshening. Yes.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
I believe you can fly down the corridors of the Undercity if you take the flight path sewer entrance...not sure, I don't recall trying it.

You can, yes.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2011, 11:44:31 PM »
Hmm.. so if you know someone who knows the lay  out and can lead the way in it is easier to get to the world bosses. Ironically it was hardest to get to Thunderbluff.. One run we did had half the raid get blown off a bridge by a quartet of casters with that wave back blast thing

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2011, 12:22:57 AM »
I never got into raiding or leader killing, I've been 85 since about two weeks after Cata got out and the only title I have is THe Patient :P

Catching up on quests I missed during the march to 85, like that whole underwater zone.. yuck :P

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »
I never got into raiding or leader killing, I've been 85 since about two weeks after Cata got out and the only title I have is THe Patient :P

Catching up on quests I missed during the march to 85, like that whole underwater zone.. yuck :P

I got like.. 20 or so titles (Bloodsail Admiral was fun), Yesterday I saw someone with the 'The Insane' title.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2011, 01:45:10 AM »
The Daily Blink is really becoming a favorite web comic of mine lately.

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »
Wait. Jaina/Thrall SLASHfic???

Doesn't that mean Jaina has.. ahem..extra equipm..

OH GOD BRAIN BLEACH ON LINE 2, PLEASE!

Offline Shjade

« Reply #249 on: August 20, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
The term "slashfic," much like "Mary Sue," has been used with progressively broader definitions over time. It's not strictly used to label m/m fics anymore at this point.