You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:56:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40029 times)

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »

Offline Aiden

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »
No no, Saurfang is nothing compared to Broxigar.

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »
The Alliance also had (before he left) the purest, most badass guy to ever kick the Lich King's sorry ass.

My personal favorite... Tirion.  Humans for the freaking win.  ;D

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
No no, Saurfang is nothing compared to Broxigar.

Broxigar is, unfortunately, tainted by his association with KNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »
I can look past that...I swear I can...

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »
I can look past that...I swear I can...

You're a better man than I...

Offline Jin

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »
The Alliance also had (before he left) the purest, most badass guy to ever kick the Lich King's sorry ass.

My personal favorite... Tirion.  Humans for the freaking win.  ;D

Yes and Tirion went into Hiding letting the Scourge run rampant... Oh and he was having problem's with the Death knights and Arthas before Highlord Darion Morgraine ( A member of the scourge) Gave him Ashbringer.  Without which Arthas would have spanked him :)

Even if he killed him isn't that the Alliance cleaning up it's own mess?

And When he killed Arthas didnt he place the crown on someone else...Another Human. Making them the new Lich king.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:24:20 PM by Jin »

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »

Yes and Tirion went into Hiding letting the Scourge run rampant... Oh and he was having problem's with the Death knights and Arthas before Highlord Darion Morgraine ( A member of the scourge) Gave him Ashbringer.  Without which Arthas would have spanked him :)

...and Arthas would be far less powerful without Frostmourne.  What's your point?  :P

As far as Tirion going into "hiding"... wasn't he actually forming the Argent Dawn?  I wouldn't call that hiding.

Even if he killed him isn't that the Alliance cleaning up it's own mess?

No, that's a guy who happens to be human cleaning up the mess of a villain who also happened to be human.  The Alliance had nothing to do with Stratholme anymore than the US had anything to do with rogue soldiers in Vietnam slaughtering a village of innocent people.

And When he killed Arthas didnt he place the crown on someone else...Another Human. Making them the new Lich king.

So that's two human Lich Kings, one of which is using his noble heart and willpower to contain the evil of the -Orc- soul within the helmet.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
Tiron was forced into exile after showing compassion to an orc.  When he learned his son had grown to serve the crusade, he tried to turn his son but he died, which made him come back and become the bad ass he is now.

Uther is a MUCH bigger BAMF then him.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
Uther also kinda got punked by his own student,despite being a far more powerful and well-trained paladin.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »
Yeah - Garrosh is still a bit of a dumbass, but he's not evil, and probably the (second*)best leader the Horde will have with Thrall gone. On the flipside, the Alliance could do a hell of a lot better than Varian, but a lot worse as well; I don't know how his storyline has evolved in Cataclysm, but I went from "good god why is this moron the leader of my faction" to "eh, he's not all bad" after the bit with him and Deathbringer/Overlord Saurfang in Icecrown Citadel.

*Saurfang would still be the best, of course.PleasedontCleaveme.

I agree.. he.. saw Saurfang as a father like himself at the end of that fight. I usually watch the scene when we did it because I like the Lore  and I always thought Saurfang was a good leader as well.

Garrosh was an appeasement move in my opinion..and one that I think will come back to bite Thrall and the Horde in the ass. He killed one Horde leader, alienated the leader of the Troll Faction, and he's not got a suitable grasp around Sylvanus' (sp?) neck. Cause.. in my opinion.. she needs her neck snapped. I disliked the lore behind the BE 'paladins' too.. till their 'redemption' with the sunwell. (I still think they are self-absorbed but that isn't a crime)

Of the Horde factions, the ones that are taken for granted (in my opionion) are the Trolls and Tauren, and in many ways they are the foundation stones of the whole Horde. Garrosh is playing with fire.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »
No, that's a guy who happens to be human cleaning up the mess of a villain who also happened to be human.  The Alliance had nothing to do with Stratholme anymore than the US had anything to do with rogue soldiers in Vietnam slaughtering a village of innocent people.

Actually totally off topic from what I know about Vietnam (cause my father was there), the US did actually take responsibility for what they did.

And wasn't Arthas the son of a King of Lordaeron? Which I believe is part of the Alliance... let me check my Wiki facts here:

Lordaeron is a continent and a former human kingdom (aka Lordaeron Empire) of the Eastern Kingdoms. Its name comes from the three main Alliance race languages: "lorn" (in Dwarven) that means "land", "daer" (in Common) that means "people" and "ronae" (in Thalassian) that means peaceful. Lordaeron's Capital City is also called Lordaeron. Originally one of the Seven Kingdoms to emerge during the collapse of Arathor, Lordaeron was ruled by the House of Menethil and provided refuge for the people of Stormwind following that kingdom's destruction at the end of the First War. During the Second War, Lordaeron spearheaded the first Alliance's campaign against the Orcish Horde, but was almost entirely consumed by the Scourge during the Third War. This former nation's territory is now contested between the Scourge, the Forsaken, and fragmented pockets of human resistance, most notably the Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn. 

Alliance killing Alliance... this is awesome! For the Horde!! *cheers!* Proves why she loves the horde yet again! *kicks Tirion into the pit* THIS IS HORDE!!

Offline Aiden

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
I was upset when Carine died also, but I think it is a good thing since Baine is a pretty awesome also.

I recall the WC3 campaign when you need to rescue him when he is a young bull from the centaur threat, I enjoy character progression. Anduin's story has been awesome also, that kid is going to be an amazing King one day. 

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
I was upset when Carine died also, but I think it is a good thing since Baine is a pretty awesome also.

I recall the WC3 campaign when you need to rescue him when he is a young bull from the centaur threat, I enjoy character progression. Anduin's story has been awesome also, that kid is going to be an amazing King one day.

Anduin will be a wise leader..I like the quest you do with him. (Of course having Fargo Flintlocke of the Webcomic makes it even MORE fun.  Let's see.. favorite quests.. I can.. A) Hit peons with a stick, or... b) Hang around with the Dwarf so crazy he's NEUTRAL with his own faction and gives you his gun.. the 'chuck-tosser'.

Sorry.. as much as I love thumping the peons (it brings out the giggles in me).. it's Fargo for the win.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2011, 11:03:06 PM »
I agree, seeing Fargo become an actual in game character is just awesome.

I did lose track of the comic, not sure how long it continued but I enjoyed it. I also liked one based on a tauren warrior, equinox I think.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »
Just popping in to point out that Tirion Fordring, that uber-epitome of humanity's goodness and purity? He had to affiliate himself with an organization separate from the Alliance. Kinda makes it hard to use him as an example in their favor when he couldn't - or wouldn't - stay in their umbrella.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2011, 01:22:11 AM »
He did what he had to build the forces to face the threat he saw coming. Not all of the Alliance is rapantly anti-horde.. though aside from the Dranei, everyone of them has suffered from the Horde's arrival (Warcraft) or the Scourge (ie..the Undead) BUT I think that Jaina is the 'sorta' leader of the moderates.

I'm more worried about the dwarves these days.. Moira clearly has an axe to grind and without her father to set things on an even keel, I could see a new civil war brewing on the horizon.

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2011, 07:01:48 AM »
Oh, that's too much!  Small virtual world, eh?  I remember roleplaying with you guys a few times back in the day.  I also played the guild leader of Dawnhaven, Almarath.  I doubt it rings a bell as we were focused more on RP out in Ratchet than anywhere else.

Rings a bell, but I don't think I ever RPed with that character. I probably saw you around, though :> How neat.

Blizzard just trademarked a very interesting "Mists of Pandaria".

So says MMO Champ. Category - Computer Game Software.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:05:52 AM by Anjasa »

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2011, 07:02:58 AM »
Gul'dan.

There. Any arguments you have about the Horde being the good guys are invalid.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:53 AM »
Gul'dan.

There. Any arguments you have about the Horde being the good guys are invalid.

After cata dropped and Deathwing came the plunder the world and everything got shifted out of whack Thrall was the only one I know of to go and try and fix things cause he saw what was going on. Where is your Alliance leaders now? Doing nothing.

I know I'm like all anti-alliance but it comes from an actual Alliance player telling me cause I didn't have an 85 Alli-character that I wasn't a true WoW player. I really dislike the attitude on the blue and gold side of Azeroth. That doesn't mean the players are bad (well most of them), but I've found in game and out that most of them are rather egotistical.

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:32 AM »
And I've found the same attitude from the Horde players - in fact more so - even though I've extensively played both sides. I've been verbally attacked by Horde players for simply having an Alliaince character. I could go on for hours about the way I've been treated by people who think they're "better" for playing Horde and the great times I've had playing Alliance. And yet, I'm not "anti-Horde" or "Pro-Alliance" as a concequence.

Its as I've said. Neither side is "better". Neither has the "better" playerbase. Both sides have plenty of good people, and both have plenty of immature jerks. The only difference I've seen is the sense of entitled superority that Horde players often sport out of some belif that they're "better" people becuse of the faction they play in a computer game.

Also, I'd hardly call Malfurion Stormrage's actions "doing nothing" by any stretch of the imagination. Fightign aginst Deathwing, the Twilights hammer and the Elements and working to restore the balance of nature across Kalimdor certainly sounds like a lot to me. Certainly he's doing a lot more then, say, Lor'theremar Theron (sitting around in Silvermoon picking his nose) or Sylvannas (galdy waging war on the surviving humans and turning them into undear).

Now I could go on for ages about the crimes and atroicities commited by the Horde as well, however, that's beside the point. Neither side is good or evil or "better", just as neither side's playerbase is "Better" or "worse" then the other
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:46:29 AM by KaylaM »

Offline Jin

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2011, 07:48:31 AM »
After cata dropped and Deathwing came the plunder the world and everything got shifted out of whack Thrall was the only one I know of to go and try and fix things cause he saw what was going on. Where is your Alliance leaders now? Doing nothing.

I know I'm like all anti-alliance but it comes from an actual Alliance player telling me cause I didn't have an 85 Alli-character that I wasn't a true WoW player. I really dislike the attitude on the blue and gold side of Azeroth. That doesn't mean the players are bad (well most of them), but I've found in game and out that most of them are rather egotistical.

I agree with Krysia here. It is more the players on the Alliance side that make me not play it. When I started playing WoW I made a Human Warrior. I was new to the game and my friends who got me into it were not around to ask questions. I happened to run across a higher level Alliance Player in the Starting zone. Upon asking him for advice on what I should do I was told in less polite terms "Fend for yourself noob." and that was that.

Later I started a Horde character and was actually greeted by a higher level player. After asking advice yet again thinking I was going to get the same kind of  He invited me to a leveling guild that was already like level 20 He told me how to get started and dropped 50 gold on me.

Kinda made me of the opinion
Horde= the awesome
Alliance= the suck.

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
That's all just luck and could have happened - and has happened - in reverse for many other people.

Everyone in this thread is just arguing based on anecdotal reasons, so there's just no way either 'side' could win, because you're all arguing based on your personal experiences.

Offline Jin

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
And I've found the same attitude from the Horde players - in fact more so - even though I've extensively played both sides. I've been verbally attacked by Horde players for simply having an Alliaince character. I could go on for hours about the way I've been treated by people who think they're "better" for playing Horde and the great times I've had playing Alliance. And yet, I'm not "anti-Horde" or "Pro-Alliance" as a concequence.

Its as I've said. Neither side is "better". Neither has the "better" playerbase. Both sides have plenty of good people, and both have plenty of immature jerks. The only difference I've seen is the sense of entitled superority that Horde players often sport out of some belif that they're "better" people becuse of the faction they play in a computer game.

Also, I'd hardly call Malfurion Stormrage's actions "doing nothing" by any stretch of the imagination. Fightign aginst Deathwing, the Twilights hammer and the Elements and working to restore the balance of nature across Kalimdor certainly sounds like a lot to me. Certainly he's doing a lot more then, say, Lor'theremar Theron (sitting around in Silvermoon picking his nose) or Sylvannas (galdy waging war on the surviving humans and turning them into undear).

Now I could go on for ages about the crimes and atroicities commited by the Horde as well, however, that's beside the point. Neither side is good or evil or "better", just as neither side's playerbase is "Better" or "worse" then the other

Bringing up Malfurion really?   Yes let's bring up the man who made one of the main bosses in the game his own Brother Illidan.  HE betrayed and sacrificed his brother. THrall was the LEader of the Horde. He stepped down and has been all over the place trying to fix things. I have only heard of Malfurion being in Darkshore. And the king of sotrmwind who is the "leader" of the Alliance does nothing...

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2011, 08:07:47 AM »
If we want to go by personal experiences, then here's one for you.

There was a particular Horde player on the server where I was at the time who liked to greif a particular set of Alliance quest NPCs. He'd flag PvP, attack them and then use epxloits to LOS the guard NPCs as well as anyone else who showed up to stop him. And he'd do this for hours on end, days at a time, killing the NPCs as soon as they re-spawned, then running away before he could face the concequences. The result was that, while he was present, the Alliance couldn't efectively quest in that area. They'd have, at best, a window of a few seconds between when the NPCs re-spawned and when he attacked him.

This went on for ages, until enough weight of complaints were handed in that the realm's GMs were forced to take direct action. They issued the guy with a string of warnings, and that didn't stop him. He then wound up with a two-week ban as a result. Once it was elapsed? He went straight back to it. Pretty soon, he was out for another two weeks, and then another as he continued to grief the same NPCs. He took to changing his behaviour when people showed up, going off the corpse-camp quest mobs to ensure that Alliance players couldn't tag them and finish quests; often he'd sit on top of them while flagged as to encourage Alliance players to accidentally attack him and get themselves killed.

And the Horde Community's response? They loved it. They treated this guy as a hero and encouraged him to keep doing it. Was it greifing? Yes. Was it immature and petty? Probably. Was it ruining the enjoyment of the game for Alliance players? Definitely. Was it considered an offence by Blizzards GMs? Well, the guy got three months worth of bans for it, so that should tell you something.

Now I've never, ever heard of a story coming like that from the other side, of an Alliance player greifing a Horde NPC with that level of determination and receiving that level of community support as a result. So I'd hardly consider it that Horde players are "better" people in my experience.

Also Jin? Check your facts. Illidan betrayed his brother and his entire race. He's the bad guy in this, not Malfurion. Ilidan sided with the Burning Liegon in exhange for power (much like Gul'dan and so many other Orcs I could name); Malfurion was forced to imprison him for his actions. Ilidan's hardly the good guy by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:10:06 AM by KaylaM »