You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 08:26:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?  (Read 40022 times)

Online TheGlyphstone

Re: (WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »
Well I started out as an Alliance player and I ended up not liking it. Hordies were jerks to us and of course the server I started on (Dark Iron) was a PVE server. I hated the fact that when I was just doing quest I'd get ganked for no other reason then being an Alliance character. On top of that I think the Alliance races look retarded save for the Worgen and Draenei. The night elves to me look as if they were put together in a puppet factory, humans looked retarded and well all around ghetto in my eyes. Gnomes... nuff said. Dwarves well I didn't mind them actually, it was the first game I had played with them where their females didn't look like 12 year old pedo bait (Forsaken World & Lineage 2). The only Alliance race I actually enjoyed was the Draenei pre-cata, to me they had the most believable body structure in the game at the time, but my first love when I got BC was the blood elves. I had one on Dark Iron I got up to 30 soloing.

I soon moved over to my home realm of Malfurion after that. I had family on there who helped me get going with some gold. I made a hunter to mess around with that ended up making it to 85 after several skill tree fixes. I fell in love with the stories on the horde side and just well their we're not pansies attitude. I hated hearing "For the Light" "Light bless you.." I was definitely more happy hearing "BLOOD AND THUNDER!" "FOR THE HORDE!" I forced myself to play every race in the game at least to level 20 and find it hard to play an undead period. Where as the new story is awesome I just can't do it.

After Cata dropped a group of friends and I made a worgen raid party. We were doing awesome and got up to level 60 with them. 2 of the members were hard core alliance people and well due to the age old fight our raid group kind of just vanished. So I started my own guild on Malfurion and have a 3 man dungeon team with my Tauren Paladin in the lead. I love the horde because it just fits my personality better. I hate the alliance because their pansies who prance around with rainbows and glitter. Just my opinion though.

Hey, Malfurion was my home realm back when I was playing!

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
Zarijin.  I wasn't there too long though.

Ah, wow, that was way back then! 2008!

I was the guild leader of BTT with Jumwa :>

Offline Silverfyre

• Mr. Fyre, or if you're slightly more daring, oh Silver my Silver.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Once more, with gusto.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
Wait, really? You played his blood elf lover or something in that vein? Was the name the same as your E handle, because it does look really familiar.

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »
Wait, really? You played his blood elf lover or something in that vein? Was the name the same as your E handle, because it does look really familiar.

Yep, Anjasa Vilelight, lover of hedonism and monstrous men.

Offline Silverfyre

• Mr. Fyre, or if you're slightly more daring, oh Silver my Silver.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Once more, with gusto.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2011, 07:51:11 PM »
Oh, that's too much!  Small virtual world, eh?  I remember roleplaying with you guys a few times back in the day.  I also played the guild leader of Dawnhaven, Almarath.  I doubt it rings a bell as we were focused more on RP out in Ratchet than anywhere else.

Offline Fieryone

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
Sounds like you guys had some fun times back then.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
Krysia gets it!

For the Horde!

*waves a little Horde flag* For the Horde, damn it!

Hey, Malfurion was my home realm back when I was playing!

You guys are all welcome to come take part in Alliance bashing in my guild "Deception" on Malfurion if you want! Just look for the most bad ass of Cows on the server, Chickfilla!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:00:43 PM by Krysia »

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »

You guys are all welcome to come take part in Alliance bashing in my guild "Deception" on Malfurion if you want!

Ehm, yeah... I play on The Sha'tar, which would be an European realm ::)

Offline Krysia

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
Ehm, yeah... I play on The Sha'tar, which would be an European realm ::)

We'll save a seat for you if you decide to come over to Malfurion!

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »

You guys are all welcome to come take part in Alliance bashing in my guild "Deception" on Malfurion if you want! Just look for the most bad ass of Cows on the server, Chickfilla!

Even if I started playing again...I dunno. All my existing friends (and my primary ex-guild) are Alliance, I wouldn't feel right betraying them like that. :-\

EDIt: Not the playing Horde, but the bashing.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2011, 08:02:43 PM »
I'm on Velen- US

No plans for a new character any time soon.

Offline LunarSageTopic starter

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »
Because someone has to say it...

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!

Offline Aiden

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »
Go back to the Tram! Boooooo!

Offline Krysia

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »
Because someone has to say it...

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!

Only thing I have to say is "Hellscream's eyes are always upon you!"

And as for the Horde being the "bad guys", one name Arthas Menethil. What was he? HUMAN! There for Alliance = Bad guys. :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:43:22 PM by Krysia »

Offline Jin

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »

Only thing I have to say is "Hellscream's eyes are always upon you!"

And as for the Horde being the "bad guys", one name Arthas Menethil. What was he? HUMAN! There for Alliance = Bad guys. :D

Expanding on Krysia's statement, Arthas torched Stratholme BEFORE he was taken over by Frostmourne.

Illidan Stormrage was a night elf.

Seriously the Alliance has produced way more bad guys than the horde.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »

Expanding on Krysia's statement, Arthas torched Stratholme BEFORE he was taken over by Frostmourne.

Illidan Stormrage was a night elf.

Seriously the Alliance has produced way more bad guys than the horde.

Or we can just go really stupid Alliance NPCs....... Maximillian of Northshire <-- Bat shit insane npc quest string starter in Un'goro Crater.

Offline Jin

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
Or we can just go really stupid Alliance NPCs....... Maximillian of Northshire <-- Bat shit insane npc quest string starter in Un'goro Crater.

Oh my god did I hate that guy. "I'm here to save you damsel" *Kicks said damsel off a cliff!* There you go that's the Alliance for ya!

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Well, if we're blaming the Alliance for Arthas, it's fair to point out that Ner'zul, the original Lich King, was an Orc of the Old Horde. Gul'Dan and Cho'Gall were both Horde leaders before (and for a time after) their corruption by the Legion/Old Gods. Blackhand wasn't exactly a nice dude either. Then we get into the current generation with Sylvanus (already discussed) and Mavra Grimtotem...a majority of the prominent bad guys from the lore (as opposed to the active game raids/instances) are ex-Horde.

The Alliance may have more douchebaggy evil/stupid people in its leadership (as well as a penchant for ending up as expansion end-bosses), but it seems like being a high-ranking Horde member is basically strapping a giant neon sign to your head that lights up "Corrupt Me!" I'm kinda worried for Garrosh, honestly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:18:08 PM by TheGlyphstone »

Offline Fieryone

« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2011, 09:50:12 PM »
Garrosh already looks like a Fel Orc with the Red skin and yellow eyes.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »
I think that's just the lighting inside his chamber - he's got brown skin in sunlight, being a mag'har.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »
Being a hardcore warsong clan supporter since day 1, I was one of the people who hated the idea of Garrosh becoming warchief but the books and the story line in Vanicall-cata zones has changed my mind.

He will never be as bad ass as Grom, but it will do.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »
Thrall for President!!!!

Offline Jin

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2011, 09:59:51 PM »

Offline Aiden

« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »
I might third that, once I get through the new book. Twilight of the Aspects.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
Yeah - Garrosh is still a bit of a dumbass, but he's not evil, and probably the (second*)best leader the Horde will have with Thrall gone. On the flipside, the Alliance could do a hell of a lot better than Varian, but a lot worse as well; I don't know how his storyline has evolved in Cataclysm, but I went from "good god why is this moron the leader of my faction" to "eh, he's not all bad" after the bit with him and Deathbringer/Overlord Saurfang in Icecrown Citadel.

*Saurfang would still be the best, of course.PleasedontCleaveme.