You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:43:15 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: In honour of Canada Day  (Read 461 times)

Offline Avis habilisTopic starter

In honour of Canada Day
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:09:37 AM »
Let's all stand for the national anthem:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordfreak/4580023998/#secretb24ebd7b8e

The only video of it I could find, sadly.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: In honour of Canada Day
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:35:21 PM »

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
Happy Canada Day to all of you who reside north of the border.  I recall watching coverage of a tribute to our fallen citizens and heroes that included a RCM singing the Star Spangled Banner.  It was one of the most moving experiences I ever had.  Our countries have always been good friends, a situation that I hope lasts forever.

Offline jcsimpson

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
The fireworks from my balcony in Montreal were fantastic to see. Happy birthday to the true North: Strong and free!

Offline Wyrd

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 01:23:44 AM »
Just got in from one of the best Canada day get parties I've ever been too. A big bonfire at a good friends place down by lake simco about an hour from where I live in Toronto. We lit off amazing fireworks and saw some awesome ones form houses across the lake. We drank nothing but Molsen Canadians and me and a buddy of mine came up with out guitars and kept everyone entertained after the fireworks. We also listened to Tragically Hip through out the night, which os required for a proper Canada day. Hope everyone had a good time as well! Happy birthday Canada!

And just because I'm filling happy I\ll just put this here. I thought it was really cool to see US news talk about something like the Highway if Heroes. Which I myself drive along almost ever week. On that note, I salute all those in the Canadian Forces fighting and to those fallen heros who have lost their lives, rest easy now 
U.S. Media Tribute to Highway of Heroes