You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 07, 2016, 02:18:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Choose your own adventure  (Read 675 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DarinthusTopic starter

Choose your own adventure
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »

Choose your own adventure, straight and simple correct?

Story: You are transported to a twisted world, broken apart from the thoughts of many. A lot have come here, making few settlements around the area and trying to defend themselves against the strange phantom like beings terrorizing the land. Would you try to find a way out, attempt to make it a better place, or just attempt to make everyone's lives a living hell.

Rules: Just choose a path selected for you, however choose wisely. Here's the deal, in all the other threads that I have been to it has died on me, so here is the deal. I will accept a maximum of four people that I will lead along on this adventure. Then If someone wants to help they can offer to accept a new group of four people that they would be willing to lead onto their own adventure. I will not be a complete jerk and screw over people for picking a path, it's a game so just kind of go with it. If anyone has any suggestions, wishing to help me, or just have any questions in general PM me.

Character:
You are a random person that has magically appeared in this thread.

Example: A quick example of what to expect.

You wake up in a large clearing of a forest, a glistening sun beaming directly above the clearing. A path lies in front of you.

A.) Let's take the path, obviously it will lead somewhere important.
B.) Screw the path, why would I follow the rules of this thread. Let's head randomly through the forest.
C.) Well, something's wrong with me. -Takes out revolver and blows brains out-
D.) Yay, let's go kill woodland creatures!

There is no bad outcome, you can decide to choose a path on top to start with or you can write out your own intro post that you can begin with. If this proves to be really popular I might branch out on this but for now if anyone is interested feel free to post on here.

Offline Davina

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
((Okay, Ill give it a shot but if I mess up just hit me with whatever's handy))

Davina woke slowly, one eye opening before the other and she groggily noticed that she was in the woods... What the hell, one blind date and now here she was, asshole had probably roofied her then raped her and dumped her out here.  She sat up slowly and looked down to realize the little black dress was still in place as were the retardedly tall black heels, she was never going to allow Becky's girls to dress her again, the shoes were killing her and she hadn't even stood up.  She looked around again as she got to her feet and brushed at herself, she didn't see anyone else. Just tree's and a path... Not finding a better option she starts to head down the sunlit trail.

Offline DarinthusTopic starter

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »
(Glad I have someone interested, I check around periodically)

You continue down the the trail however the forest is unlike anything you have seen before, it moves, whispers, shifts however maybe it's just still shock from a confusing environment. It takes some time to get your bearings however further down the trail you go the forest continues to act strangely, like it's beckoning you to leave the safety of the path and into the arms of the trees. Now and again you see some remnants of other people, a broken wagon, a lost doll, scraps by the side, You quicken your pace to discover a three way fork in the road, a man in the distance working his way down the middle one. Three signs are there as well, you see the middle leas to "Hadrum" The left lead to "Beyond" and the right has a sign that has been corroded away and is unreadable. You can see smoke in the distance down that path however.

Do you:

A.) Take the middle path, you may not be able to catch up to the man but obviously it would help to understand where he is going.
B.) Take the path on the left, you are curious to where you truly are and perhaps it can clear that up.
C.) Take the path to the right, either there is a problem or human contact. Both should be investigated.
D.) Listen to the forest and accept its call, allowing to see what truly lies within.

(Just a side note there is no wrong choice, the setting is the same, and this world is the combined thoughts of many so there could be variations on what you run into. If you are unhappy with anything just saying you can always say so. If you want me to change into a more comedic tone I'd be happy to as well. I just determine how the character wants to follow the story by said intro post.)

Offline Davina

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:24 PM »
She was tired of the damn shoes, they were killing her and she stopped quickly hopping in place while removing them and then with some effort chucked them into the woods before she got to the fork. Davina was now confused but if she ever got her hands on Steve again she was going to kill him.. Wait, was that him up ahead... She peered down the trail "Steve?"

Sighing she opts to follow, deciding going into the wood barefooted was stupid even with tough feet and she didn't like the idea of getting into a riot or something... Maybe she was in Canada.

Offline DarinthusTopic starter

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »
You follow the man however no matter how fast you run you can't seem to just catch up with him. It takes you awhile to catch your breath as you continue once again but you never were much of a runner. He doesn't seem to notice that anyone is following him however when you come up to a clearing in the forest he is gone. In the center of the clearing you see a pedestal, on it a fancy looking engraved rock. There is a path continuing past it but does this rock have any sort of importance what so ever? Another sign ahead of you next to the continuing path says Hadrum, however you can't but help feel beckoned to this strange object.

Do you:

A.) Ignore it and continue down the path, you need to get home and don't care how you do it.
B.) Inspect the rock closer before you do anything with it, what the hell is it?
C.) Touch it, after all what's the worst that could happen. Die or get super powers? Please.
D.) Turn around, away from the creepy and strange statuette. Would Canada have these things?

Offline Davina

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
She was tired now, and the running even with the softer ground was irritating as hell. She stopped and took a few deep breath's, this wasn't a treadmill in the basement of her apartment in Manhattan.  Davina eye's the rock suspiciously, moving slowly to examine it from all angles before reaching out her hand to touch it....

Offline DarinthusTopic starter

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »
The rock glows a little, some magical aura flowing around your hand but other than that nothing significant. You might not have the correct tools to use such a device however for now your senses seem to be heightened your body feels a bit more rejuvenated than it once was. The glowing stops and your hand is pushed back form the device, you might be able to return to it later but for now it does not seem to have any other effect.

Do you:

A.) Continue to travel down the path you were once heading down
B.) Turn around, you have what you need from here.
C.) Stay with the device, there could be something else you could do here
D.) The forest is getting edgy, maybe you should...walk...towards...it

Offline Davina

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »
Davina was relieved at the sudden feeling of relaxation and rest but she knew there was no way in hell she was going to be able to deal with it getting dark and the animals would eventually wander out of the woods and she wasn't armed.  She moved down the path, wincing a bit as her feet hit the rocks funny.

Offline DarinthusTopic starter

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »
You continue walking down the path, however when you get to the forest edge you are a bit confused about what you find. In he distance you see a city, but it isn't quite a city. It seems like something you would read about in some book about ancient times. It's walls are as tall as some sky scrapers and made of some time of tan sandy material. You see towering buildings made of stone, an unnecessarily large gate, the city itself stretching along a sand dessert floor. However you find it quite odd that a lush forest would open up into such a dry wasteland-like place. The path you were following leads down steeply with a couple more twists and turns to what seems like a village, outside of it a small camp that seems to be made up of traveling merchants. Your head starts to become light headed again as you attempt to take all of this end, spending a few minutes breathing and jsut attempting to calm yourself down. In he end you decide what to do.

Do you:

A.) Turn round, you made a wrong turn, hit your head, or something. No need to stick around here.
B.) Head towards the merchant camp
C.) Head onwards towards the small village
D.) Head onwards towards the large, fantasy like city
E.) Ignore all of them and simply just start making your way across the vast desert you see before you.

Offline Davina

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Plopping down Davina sighs and rests her head on her knees for a minute. There was no way it was real, she had to have been dreaming, this couldn't be her life.  She sighs and looks around, desert equals death, merchants could be anything... And then there was the city, perhaps she could find a cop. She stood and sighed as she heads the glowing city.

Offline dakabn

Re: Choose your own adventure
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »
Karila blinks and looks away from the sun. Stretching, she yawns. She sniffs the air and wrinkles her nose. It would seem she takes no notice to the path at all. Instead, she begins to wander into the woods. She is, after all, a ranger.