Time Setting-Modern day, Summer 2011
Camp Half Blood throws the Summer banquet, a welcoming feast for all the campers of Camp Half-Blood located in the Bay Area of California. (Hidden from mortal eyes on the hills by the magical force known as "the mist"). The camp serves as a haven for Demigods, children of the Roman Pantheon. At this camp, children are normally raised from age 2 until they die or decide to make a life of their own in the mortal world. Some campers choose to stay forever, very few heroes (demigods) make it past their twenties, those who do are some of the world's most influential people.
The Lupa, the wolf who raised Romulus and Remus is the camp director, she along with Achilles- The hero of the Trojan War and a Amazon Queen, Bremusa, make up the staff who overlook and raise the children of the gods. Fauns serve as friends and workers for the camper, they assist demigods most of them willingly. The surrounding areas are populated by friendly wood nymphs, waters spirits and creatures who live in harmony with the campers.
It has been over the ten years since the last child has entered the camp. Leaving most of the campers ranging from 13-20. At fist no one seemed to worry but after elven years, at the Summer Banquet the very first new demigods began to arrive. Fauns are starting to locate demigods and bring them to camp, but something is wrong, this is not the way of the Roman camp. The Lupa is meant to raise the demigods children and make sure they are worthy of being Roman Offspring or they are devoured by her.
Annoyed by the sudden influx of new campers and more to come, the Lupa ordered a "Death March"- A march in full armor through the camp, a test of strength and endurance. Achilles and Bremusa marched the campers out into "No Man's Land" the surrounding areas outside of the camps magically defended walls. Difficult obstacles and traps awaited the campers, but no one suspected the workings of an unknown force who managed to resurrect the fallen demigods and create them into a horde of skeleton warriors.
The campers rallied and fought valiantly but some were lost in the surprise attack and had to retreat since only a child of Pluto can fully kill the undead.
Retreating back to the camp, bloody, muddy and morale at an all time low. The campers try to heal their wounds and raise their spirits, hoping from word of the gods to find out what is going on!
Meanwhile in other parts of the world...
The Greek Camp, having seen a vision of the turmoil to come dispatched a group of heroes to seek a "seer" to make sense of the lines of prophecy they had recovered onto to be ambushed by the Venti. Four campers, Vincent, Libby, Valentine and Jason start their journey only to be detoured and crash land within the Roman camp's borders. Chiron, the leader of the Greek camp, afraid of repeating past civil war, erases the memories of the Greek camp of three of the four, the other (Jason) lost in the conflict with the wind spirits. Under attack by an unknown force, Chiron weaves his spell, the Greek camp "retreats" across the sea with the remaining campers, leaving the Roman camp in charge of the whole United States.
Jason awakens in Florida, unknowingly in a property of his father after nearly falling to hid death from the chariot accident that separated him from the other Greek heroes. The seer they had sought stumbles into the home, chasing after a red Pegasus and sharing her tail of kidnapping and a very large piece of a jumbled puzzle. Neptune, god of the sea has been captured and with his Greek counterpart struggling to maintain both oceans from tearing the world apart, the sky soon falters as Jupiter leaves his domain to find his missing sibling.
In New York, another human with "gifts" is taken in by a loving couple who are later revealed keepers of a hidden patch of "wylde". Whatever attacked the Roman camp seeks to destroy this ley line that nourishes and keeps the flora and fauna of the north east alive and take possession of the human female.
Back at the camp
The campers continue to find campers arriving, unclaimed children of age arrive which had many excited but the Lupa herself enraged until an actual child is brought into the camp. With preparations for war in the process, the new campers arrive at the worst times. War looms on the horizon...
The Greeks envisioned Zeus as a powerful and proud being while the Romans envisioned Jupiter as a more formal and stoic version of Zeus
* Children of Jupiter are extremely powerful half-bloods (Big 3)
* They can shock on contact if they wish, a skill they must learn to control from a young age or cause harm.
* They have some control over air and the sky, being the child of Jupiter, Lord of the Sky.
* They can create lightning bolts at will.
* They have electrokinesis (control over lightning)
* Are commonly known to have strong leadership quality
* They have telepathic connections to aviary animals (hawks, eagles, robins, etc.)
* They may be aerokinetic, as Zeus controls the wind.
Neptune is overall a benevolent god, even though he shares many characteristics with Jupiter including pride, stubbornness, and being temperamental. However, he appears to have matured over the centuries to a point where these attributes do not dominate him to the same extent they do Jupiter, making him much more reasonable.
* Children of Neptune are extremely powerful half-bloods (Big 3)
* Children of Neptune have the ability to breathe underwater
* All can move water with their mind, as they are hydrokinetic (or aquakinetic)
* They have telepathic connections to equine animals (horses, zebras, giraffes, pegasi, hippocami, etc.)
* They don't get hurt when falling into water from a high altitude
* Can withstand immense pressure acting on them in the sea
* They and everything they touch stay or become dry in water, unless they want to be wet
* All have a higher resistance to fire or burns
* They can make water shoot out from petrified seashells
* They can create small hurricanes around themselves (which include lightning and storm clouds) strong enough to throw enemies and deflect weapons, as their father is also god of Storms
* All can control ships
* All know their exact coordinates in water
* Can make air bubbles
* Can make water into a path
* Can talk to each other telepathically underwater
* Can harden water in to shields with out freezing it
* They can create earthquakes, as their father is the god of earthquakes
The Roman considered Pluto to be a more benevolent god who was associated with fertility as well as death and riches.
* Children of Pluto are extremely powerful half-bloods (Big 3)
* They have dominion over the dead.
* They have necromancy, the ability to summon and communicate with the dead.
* They can kill undead skeletons.
* They have the power to control darkness and shadows (umbrakinesis).
* They can sense when a mortal or half-blood that they know has died through the buzzing in their ears.
* They can create flaming fissures of hellfire that then closes, swallowing up dead creatures and immediately trapping them in the Underworld.
* They can call forth the dead with a Stygian iron sword from the Underworld.
* It is suggested that they can bend shadows to conceal their presence.
* They can shadow travel (a form of teleportation that allows the creature of the Underworld to quickly travel to any desired place on earth).
* They can put skeletons asleep by pointing at them.
* Able to release the spirits from the souls of people who have died
* They have geokinesis, the ability to move rocks and minerals
To the Romans, Ceres is the patron goddess of the common people.
*Children of Demeter have the ability to manipulate plants (also known as chlorokinesis) and often use their abilities to make their cabin look attractive.
*Good at cooking.
Mars unlike Ares is not aloof, nor rebellious. Which is probably the reason the Romans favored him. According to myths Mars was the most feared and powerful God second only to Jupiter.
* They are very strong and swift, and have incredible fighting powers.
* Being a child of Mars would make them an expert in all weapon usage and may even have some degree of magical control over them.
* Some may receive the blessing of Mars, which makes them near invincible while it lasts.
* Might be expert in some war areas
* Cursed the Apollo Archers' arrows to turn to rubber, might be able to do this with other weapons or projectiles.
Minerva (Minerva) (Athena):
Minerva was the goddess of poetry, medicine, wisdom, commerce, weaving, crafts and magic
* They are master strategists
* They are trained in hand-to-hand combat, and very good at it, as Minerva is the goddess of battle.
* They are extremely intelligent, wise and clever, as their mother, Minerva, is the god of wisdom.
When adopted by the Romans, Phoebus was additionally made god of the sun, and was said to be more radiant than his Greek aspect.
* The demigod children of Apollo can heal people by singing a song to their father.
* They can curse others to only speak in rhymes.
* Most children of Apollo are expert archers.
* Apollo's children are good at the arts since Apollo is the god of the arts.
* Since Apollo is the God of Music, his children are natural Musicians.
To the Romans, Vulcan was the god of volcanoes (which were named after him), giving him greater power than his Greek aspect.
* Can make anything with their hands.
* They are experts in mechanics.
* They should be able to control fire and volcanoes, as their father is the god of fire and volcanoes.
Venus was greatly revered by the Romans and like the Greeks, envisioned the Roman Venus as the most powerful and beautiful goddess of all
* hey can attract the opposite gender when they walk by.
* Magical control over clothes, makeup, and jewelry.
* Minor degree of love magic.
* May be able to make anything neat because their cabin is never messy.
The Romans envisioned Mercury as more of a god of commerce and trade.
* Hermes is the god of thieves, so they might have a supernatural way of stealing things without others noticing.
* Hermes is also a traveler god, so the children of Hermes could be able to "teleport."
* Hermes is the god of sports and athletics, so his demigod children may excel in athletics.
In regards the powers for the minor gods please make sure to pm Aiden and myself beforehand to discuss. Main gods
Bacchus: (Dionysus)Minor gods
Janus: (no Greek counterpart)