Summons Awry

Started by Bliss, September 06, 2007, 03:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

Try to restrict her powers, would they? She'd show them!

That was the perverse anger driving Lygeia as she drew the pentagram slowly, carefully on her workroom floor in a pattern of black dust with candles set at the points, and a white circle of salt surrounding. She sprinkled a potent admixture overall, and then stepped back out.

Raising her arms high, she began a complex chant.

A pity she did not step back only a foot more, to keep the hem of her gown from marring the circle of salt.

A shame that the anger within her altered the pronunciation of her incantation... changing some of the words almost imperceptibly, but enough that instead of the powerfully intelligent but benign spirit she intended to summon, her chant reached deeper into the Otherworlds, calling forth something different.

Something darker.

~~~~~~~

What has the sorceress summoned?

Perhaps you know. If you think so... then perhaps you're the partner I'm seeking in this endeavour.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Sabby

I'd be sort of interested... I've always loved this kind of setting.

HairyHeretic

I suspect I could come up with something suitable as well.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Vandren

Could be interested as well.  I've been looking for a 1-on-1 or small group.  :)

Anything in particular you're looking for in a summoned being?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Archangel

Hehe, I was thinking, and this might be too far out, and I don't have time for this so it's mostly a suggestion to others, but...

Make the demonic entity a two headed demon, and have 2 different players play each head, wanting to use the victim differently...
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Bliss

Sabbat, HH - let me know what you have in mind; if people have very different ideas of what has been summoned, this could become more than one game.

Vandren - this was originally intended to be a tentaclebeast sort of game, but I'm leaving it open pending what people come up with for a summoned being. If you have an idea, feel free to PM me.

You can take a glance at my Ons/Offs, too. They're pretty open, and if you have questions or an idea that isn't covered, just ask. Chances are good that I'm okay with it. ;)
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

Quote from: Archangel on September 07, 2007, 07:46:34 AM
Hehe, I was thinking, and this might be too far out, and I don't have time for this so it's mostly a suggestion to others, but...

Make the demonic entity a two headed demon, and have 2 different players play each head, wanting to use the victim differently...

*giggling* You know that I <3 you for your brains? That's a fun idea. Faintly schitzo, with Pythonesque amusement potential...
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Archangel

;D

I wasn't sure how serious a game you were looking for, this idea would be funny to read and very fun to write...
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Sabby

if I'm allowed, I'd like to play one of the heads :) but demon and monster has never been my thing, so... I'm not sure if I wanna play now. It was the whole summoning circle that got me.

Bliss

I hadn't really considered its potential as a humor-laced situation... now I can't stop giggling at all the jokes popping into my head!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Elvi

Awwwwww...I was thinking of a little black kitten who seemed to be known as Blinky.

The kitten can only be seen by those that summon it and Blinky is so cute, or is it?........
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Bliss

*grinning* I played a D&D game sort of like that once... one of the other PCs had a tiny pet dragon only he could see. It sat on his shoulder, was very sarcastic... and chainsmoked.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Vandren

Quote from: Bliss on September 07, 2007, 07:48:12 AM
this was originally intended to be a tentaclebeast sort of game, but I'm leaving it open pending what people come up with for a summoned being.

Ah, ok, I think I'll bow out then.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei