You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:29:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Summons Awry  (Read 1337 times)

Offline BlissTopic starter

Summons Awry
« on: September 06, 2007, 03:58:56 PM »
Try to restrict her powers, would they? She'd show them!

That was the perverse anger driving Lygeia as she drew the pentagram slowly, carefully on her workroom floor in a pattern of black dust with candles set at the points, and a white circle of salt surrounding. She sprinkled a potent admixture overall, and then stepped back out.

Raising her arms high, she began a complex chant.

A pity she did not step back only a foot more, to keep the hem of her gown from marring the circle of salt.

A shame that the anger within her altered the pronunciation of her incantation... changing some of the words almost imperceptibly, but enough that instead of the powerfully intelligent but benign spirit she intended to summon, her chant reached deeper into the Otherworlds, calling forth something different.

Something darker.

~~~~~~~

What has the sorceress summoned?

Perhaps you know. If you think so... then perhaps you're the partner I'm seeking in this endeavour.

Offline Sabby

Re: Summons Awry
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 06:50:24 PM »
I'd be sort of interested... I've always loved this kind of setting.

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 07:44:18 PM »
I suspect I could come up with something suitable as well.

Offline Vandren

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 07:37:58 AM »
Could be interested as well.  I've been looking for a 1-on-1 or small group.  :)

Anything in particular you're looking for in a summoned being?

Offline Archangel

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 07:46:34 AM »
Hehe, I was thinking, and this might be too far out, and I don't have time for this so it's mostly a suggestion to others, but...

Make the demonic entity a two headed demon, and have 2 different players play each head, wanting to use the victim differently...

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »
Sabbat, HH - let me know what you have in mind; if people have very different ideas of what has been summoned, this could become more than one game.

Vandren - this was originally intended to be a tentaclebeast sort of game, but I'm leaving it open pending what people come up with for a summoned being. If you have an idea, feel free to PM me.

You can take a glance at my Ons/Offs, too. They're pretty open, and if you have questions or an idea that isn't covered, just ask. Chances are good that I'm okay with it. ;)

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:49:32 AM »
Hehe, I was thinking, and this might be too far out, and I don't have time for this so it's mostly a suggestion to others, but...

Make the demonic entity a two headed demon, and have 2 different players play each head, wanting to use the victim differently...

*giggling* You know that I <3 you for your brains? That's a fun idea. Faintly schitzo, with Pythonesque amusement potential...

Offline Archangel

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 08:00:53 AM »
 ;D

I wasn't sure how serious a game you were looking for, this idea would be funny to read and very fun to write...

Offline Sabby

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 08:01:36 AM »
if I'm allowed, I'd like to play one of the heads :) but demon and monster has never been my thing, so... I'm not sure if I wanna play now. It was the whole summoning circle that got me.

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:02:09 AM »
I hadn't really considered its potential as a humor-laced situation... now I can't stop giggling at all the jokes popping into my head!

Offline Elvi

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 08:15:15 AM »
Awwwwww...I was thinking of a little black kitten who seemed to be known as Blinky.

The kitten can only be seen by those that summon it and Blinky is so cute, or is it?........

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 08:17:11 AM »
*grinning* I played a D&D game sort of like that once... one of the other PCs had a tiny pet dragon only he could see. It sat on his shoulder, was very sarcastic... and chainsmoked.

Offline Vandren

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »
this was originally intended to be a tentaclebeast sort of game, but I'm leaving it open pending what people come up with for a summoned being.

Ah, ok, I think I'll bow out then.  :)