PMs forwarded to email end up filed as 'spam'

Started by Malina, June 08, 2011, 11:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malina

As of late - the past  three days or so, my email spam filter (nope, I changed/added nothing), began to sort the forwarded PMs into 'spam', first (weirdest of all) only some of them (ca 50%), now they seem to all go in there.

Is that some issue gmx itself causes, maybe, or did you change anything about the PMs?

Has anyone else have had that same problem occur?

It's sent to 'spam' because of the header (I think that's what 'Briefkopf' would be called?).  :-\

It's no big deal at all, I just check 'spam' for messages from Elliquiy now, but I wonder why that happened of a sudden...

Oh, and just now, one ended up where it belongs! *shakes her head, bewildered*

Trieste

You should be able to go in and click something like "this is not spam" on your email program. :)

Malina

I did - repeatedly. It obliges by forwarding that one particular email to the inbox where it belongs, but then starts sorting newly (some only, apparently) forwarded PMs (and post replies, too, by the way), back into Spam. Weirdissimo. I never had this problem before.  ::)

*edits* Okay, it's definitely GMX doing this, I've just finished going through all the correspondence of the past week, and there's another address where in a 70% to 30% ratio, incoming mail (with the exact same header, sender etc.) will be sorted into the inbox (where it should go) and 'spam'. I guess it's a coincidence Elliquiy is affected, too.

Oniya

Your email program most likely has a 'safe' list in it somewhere.  If you add elliquiy.com to your safe list, it may eliminate the problem completely.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Malina

Right - that should do the trick, thanks!  XD *didn't think of it because it has never been necessary before*

Vekseid

Quote from: Malina on June 09, 2011, 01:31:05 AM
Right - that should do the trick, thanks!  XD *didn't think of it because it has never been necessary before*

It's also really, really helpful if you go through all the messages that were marked as spam and mark them as not.

GMX doesn't seem to have a feedback loop, so I don't know who is marking the messages as spam to prune them. Most of it seems to be in German when I look, though : /

Malina

Oh dear, too late, too many I've already deleted right from the spam files during pruning/checking.  :-[

But - I followed Oniya's sound advice, gave explicit directions how to handle email from Elliquiy, that should have settled it (the only PM that was forwarded since definitely ended up just where and how I wanted it).

Thanks loads for looking into it, Veks!  :D

Geraint

A similar thing has been happening to me with hotmail (accessed by Windows Live Mail. desktop version) over the past week.  I have (and have had) webmaster@elliquiy.com on my safe list, and still a percentage of my e-mail notifications from webmaster@elliquiy.com are coming in identified as "unknown sender".  I think I must have had to click "Allow sender" at least thirty times over the past week.  It had never happened before.

Malina

What a bummer! Hmm - I used the filter options that determine how an email will be processed and in which file at what priority level it shall end up. So far no forwarded PMs etc. got lost or misplaced (due to translating it all, I have no idea whether I mightn't simply have done exactly what you already did yourself, Geraint, whether your 'safe list' does the same as this filter I use, but as my process goes beyond 'allow sender', there might be a difference? *guessing blindly, there*).

Vekseid

Quote from: Geraint on June 09, 2011, 06:12:32 AM
A similar thing has been happening to me with hotmail (accessed by Windows Live Mail. desktop version) over the past week.  I have (and have had) webmaster@elliquiy.com on my safe list, and still a percentage of my e-mail notifications from webmaster@elliquiy.com are coming in identified as "unknown sender".  I think I must have had to click "Allow sender" at least thirty times over the past week.  It had never happened before.

Verify the settings on the web version? Something might be sticking.

is the 'true' sender, at the moment, though I've been working on changing that. SMF doesn't understand the security settings I have on the mailserver apparently. fixed

Geraint

Thanks Malina, I appreciate the suggestions.  :-) My filtering process goes beyond that as well, and my problem is not as acute as yours was.  My "unidentified sender" messages are not actually going to junk mail, because my filtering options are set to a level one down from "safe list only", so that I can decide what to do with unidentified senders.  So, to me, it is only an annoyance, in that I have to keep telling Live Mail that Elliquiy is a safe sender, when it is already set to know that.   

I mentioned it here mainly because the phenomenon is similar to what you had, which suggests to me an issue that may be beyond my own e-mail settings, and yours.  Previously I thought it was a problem unique to my own setup.

In my case, it is only happening with Elliquiy and occasionally with World Enough and Time at the moment.  I'm not getting it with Renderosity or CGSociety, my other big e-bot senders.   

Geraint

Quote from: Vekseid on June 09, 2011, 07:08:08 AM
Verify the settings on the web version? Something might be sticking.

is the 'true' sender, at the moment, though I've been working on changing that. SMF doesn't understand the security settings I have on the mailserver apparently.
Thanks Vekseid.  I'll add that to my safe list, as well.  I don't actually use the Web version of Live mail, but will go there to look as well.

I appreciate the help.   :-)

Vekseid

Vekseid

Alright, MAIL FROM should match From: for most Elliquiy e-mails now. Let me know if that improves things.

Machete

I am glad everyone's problems seem to be fixed and understand why people want notifications sent, which don't do, myself, precisely because of this and the fact that I tend to check the sites before my mail.