You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:56:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dragon Age [Interest Check]  (Read 14586 times)

Offline TheHangedMan

• Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Dragon Age [Interest Check]
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
Quote from: Dragon Age Wiki link=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Elves#History date=1307593346
They traded with the Imperium and grew friendly with humans, but soon discovered that breeding with humans produced only human babies, due to the elves' genetic adaptability, while exposure to the ‘quick children’ caused the elves to quicken themselves. For the first time, elves began to age and die.
Thought this would be relevant to point out. Sorry, man. Nothing personal.

Offline Alliance

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:15 PM »
Thought this would be relevant to point out. Sorry, man. Nothing personal.

Well I since the fact that in Dragon Age 2 they ruined most of their lore to begin with.

Dragon Age Origins said there was no such as teleportation magic.

Dragon Age 2 mages are teleporting everywhere.

So I'm keeping it. I even asked the GM on the first page.

Offline TheHangedMan

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2011, 11:40:40 PM »
Alright. As long as we're not going to be scrapping the lore left and right, I'm groovy. I've never played DA2 myself; just Origins.

Offline Alliance

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
Alright. As long as we're not going to be scrapping the lore left and right, I'm groovy. I've never played DA2 myself; just Origins.

Their lore just seemed so silly. Since most of the other fantasy, allow the mating of elves and human and producing half elves.

I'm surprised no one has a problem with an epileptic mage.

Offline TheHangedMan

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »
I found the lore a bit different from typical fantasy fare, which is exactly why I liked it. It's all internally consistent to me (atleast DA:O is. I can't say anything about the books or DA2.), too.

Offline Question Mark

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2011, 11:51:31 PM »
Well I since the fact that in Dragon Age 2 they ruined most of their lore to begin with.

Dragon Age Origins said there was no such as teleportation magic.

Dragon Age 2 mages are teleporting everywhere.

So I'm keeping it. I even asked the GM on the first page.

Not really sure what Hanged was referring to, but I gotta correct this statement myself.

They weren't teleporting.  Mages would turn invisible and run over to another area.  Others, like rogues, used deception and camouflage to move around the battlefield.  Whenever a mage vanished, I would just cast a Tempest to flush him out again.  It looks a little too fast to not be teleportation, but that's chalked up to gameplay.  Besides, it says in the game there's no teleportation.  Story trumps gameplay.

Dragon Age 2 didn't really wreck the lore so much as they ignored it.  A lot of the stuff in Dragon Age Origins simply had no place or bearing in Kirkwall.  I actually can't recall any lore discrepancies off the top of my head, and I pay a lot of attention to this kind of stuff.

I'd rather we not scrap ANY lore.  EVAR.

Their lore just seemed so silly. Since most of the other fantasy, allow the mating of elves and human and producing half elves.

I'm surprised no one has a problem with an epileptic mage.

Fantasy allows half-elves because of DnDs precedent, which heavily expanded on a niche in Tolkein lore.  Really, half-elfs don't make a damned bit of sense (this is coming from a Biology major).  Elves and humans are two different species because they are reproductively isolated.  Interspecies sex should result in miscarriage, or at least a sterile offspring.  As for epilepsy?  That's a relatively common disease.  There's no reason why mages would be immune.

Just my $0.02

Offline Question Mark

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2011, 11:51:59 PM »
I found the lore a bit different from typical fantasy fare, which is exactly why I liked it. It's all internally consistent to me (atleast DA:O is. I can't say anything about the books or DA2.), too.

Also this.  I agree.  It's consistent for me, anyway.

Offline Alliance

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2011, 12:04:08 AM »
Thing was my original vision for Vishion [not intended for comedy] was to have more a Breton type character. Than a human or elf. But fine, I'll make him full elf it makes everyone happy.

Offline Question Mark

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2011, 12:05:40 AM »
Thing was my original vision for Vishion [not intended for comedy] was to have more a Breton type character. Than a human or elf. But fine, I'll make him full elf it makes everyone happy.

There's just two of us.  Well maybe one.  I don't have anything against half elves.  Besides, it's fantasy.  A wizard did it.

Also, no need to be so pouty.  Cheer up mate.

Offline TheHangedMan

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:35 AM »
He could be full human. Also, Breton, as in Morrowind?  :-) I honestly don't mind the minor exception, since in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it having a dramatic effect on things. If it's more enjoyable for you and the GM says it's good, then it's good with me.

I'm getting the feeling that you're maybe a bit on the defensive side of things? I'm sorry if I came across as attacking you or your idea. That wasn't my intention. I'm also sorry if I'm misreading your words.

Offline Alliance

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »
He could be full human. Also, Breton, as in Morrowind?  :-) I honestly don't mind the minor exception, since in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it having a dramatic effect on things. If it's more enjoyable for you and the GM says it's good, then it's good with me.

I'm getting the feeling that you're maybe a bit on the defensive side of things? I'm sorry if I came across as attacking you or your idea. That wasn't my intention. I'm also sorry if I'm misreading your words.

I'm aware I can be quite careless with my words. So I seem to get people lost. hahahaaa.

Yes, Breton as in Morrowind.

Vishion was a cross dimensional character:

-I've used him in the TES series

-Dragon Age....except Hawke....I had to make something different than Vishion. Cause Vishion Hawke, sounds gross his last name is Mawtra

-Two Worlds 2

I like him the most when he was TES Breton.

Offline TheHangedMan

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:16 AM »
Ahh, that's cool. I'm not fond of making cross dimensional characters myself, as I prefer either Avatar or Archetype play myself.  :-) Still, you should do what makes you happy; it ain't harming me, I have no right to tell you not to do it, you know?

Offline Alliance

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2011, 12:18:15 AM »
Ahh, that's cool. I'm not fond of making cross dimensional characters myself, as I prefer either Avatar or Archetype play myself.  :-) Still, you should do what makes you happy; it ain't harming me, I have no right to tell you not to do it, you know?

Its because I find myself falling in love with certain characters. And I can't derive from them. Especially when its their official genre.

Offline TheHangedMan

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »
Makes sense. That particualr style of play doesn't appeal to me, but it's all groovy.  ;D

Offline Alliance

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:41 AM »
Makes sense. That particualr style of play doesn't appeal to me, but it's all groovy.  ;D

Neither me. Only when it comes to RPs based on the games that they originate from.

Offline bubby

• *~The True Lady Death~* "Bubby is more like an expired bottle of Mad Dog 20/20" --Hades
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: I shall eat the hearts of my enemies to gain their strength, then I'll eat broccoli so kids will hate me.
  • Hello, my name is Human.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2011, 02:45:37 AM »
Ok. So Hanged made this profile for me based on the pic that I chose. As for the 'stats' she has, I really have no clue what they mean, he said he would explain them to me when he can. I told him to make her as basic as she can be without being a pussy, so it's easy for me to play her. I will add the personality and backstory part when I know more of what exactly it might need to entail?

I hope this works!

Name: Fyrlynn Targenian
Race: Human
Origin:

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior
Specializations: Champion
Talents/Spells: Choose 11
Powerful
Precise Striking
Taunt
Second Wind
Peon's Plight
Shield Bash
Shield Pummel
Shield Block
Juggernaut
Carapace
Bravery

Skills:
Survival
Improved Survival
Combat Training
Improved Combat Training
Expert Combat Training
Coercion

Equipment: Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.
Armor: Splint Mail (Veridium)
Helm: N/A
Boots: Dwarven Heavy Boots (Veridium)
Gloves: Dwarven heavy Gloves (Veridium)
Weapons: Longsword (Veridium) (Journeyman hale Rune) (Journeyman Silverite Rune)
Shield: Denerim Guard Shield (Red Steel)
Rings: Ring of The Warrior
Amulet: Feral Wolf Charm

Personality:

Backstory:

Offline Scribbles

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:47 AM »
Thanks Primarch, I've added your recommendations to my character sheet. I think my profile's done.

Offline PrimarchTopic starter

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2011, 07:06:10 AM »
We're moving along nicely guys 8D

Don't forget the talent/spell tree progression, if you want later stuff you got to get the earlier stuff. No cherry picking! hurr hurr hurr.

I'll set up a Character thread today for everyone who's sorted, and if things move along very nicely we'll might even have a starting thread.

Do we have a general agreement that we'll be starting at Ostagar the morning after the battle?

Offline Scribbles

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:20 AM »
That's fine with me but I wanted to ask, are we going to play out our meeting? And whereabout will we meet, a nearby town, in the woods, or somewhere else?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:34:24 AM by Scribbles »

Offline TheHangedMan

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
Woods near Ostagar or Ostagar itself makes sense for my character at least, but I can find a way to put him wherever's convenient for the group.  :-)

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
That's fine with me but I wanted to ask, are we going to play out our meeting? And whereabout will we meet, a nearby town, in the woods, or somewhere else?

I would imagine so, at Ostagar it would appear.

Offline bubby

• *~The True Lady Death~* "Bubby is more like an expired bottle of Mad Dog 20/20" --Hades
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: I shall eat the hearts of my enemies to gain their strength, then I'll eat broccoli so kids will hate me.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
*Looks up Ostagr..Ostagoar?...gar....tries to get a feel!*

Offline bubby

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
I have NO idea what sort of backstory to have for my char...are there mercenarys?...that'll work kinda..since most of that type don't talk about their past..yadda.

« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »
*Looks up Ostagr..Ostagoar?...gar....tries to get a feel!*

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ostagar <-- An abandoned Fortress that serves as an area of battle at the start of the game. King Cailen was killed in the battle when Loghain his general/champion didn't bring in the rest of the army to fight the Dark Spawn.

Offline PearlRuby

« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2011, 12:53:41 PM »
hows about a bard/duelist to throw in the fray?  :P
*ponders character* hmmm...