Favorite Portal line *spoilers*

Started by SargentToughie, May 30, 2011, 08:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

Portal 1 and Portal 2 are two of the best games of our generation, combining brilliant gameplay, interesting story, and pitch black humor all rolled together into one magnificent bundle. So, having beaten Portal 2 a few weeks ago, and everybody else a chance to beat it before I brought up conversations about it, I figured now would be a good time to ask the people of the internet what their favorite line from either game was. For me, two of the most brilliant lines were as follows.

"And now for an interesting fact. The portal gun in your hands is now more valuable then all the collective body organs of [subject's hometown, here]"
- GLaDOS: Portal.

"Hey, for any of you out there learning to net yourself another $60, see the attendant at the end of the course. You could walk out of here with $120 weighing down your bindle if you let us cut you up, put some science stuff in you, and put you back together, good as new."
- Cave Johnson: Portal 2

So, what about you guys?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

GanonDwarf

Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.-GlaDOS

My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Marikir

"Since you went to all that trouble to wake me up, you must really, really, love to test." - GLaDOS

Oh, there's tons more but I need to contemplate them for now...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Marikir on May 31, 2011, 06:56:59 PM

Oh, there's tons more but I need to contemplate them for now...

I would say that are litteral THOUSANDS of quotes from the two games. The mind boggles at the sheer number.

SargentToughie

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 31, 2011, 07:06:19 PM
I would say that are litteral THOUSANDS of quotes from the two games. The mind boggles at the sheer number.

Well, it does help that literally every single line in both games is quote worthy.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Xandria

"That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans. Nice job breaking it, hero." - GLaDOS

Sooo hard to choose just one!
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus