News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

honestly it always depends. If your teams Renekton is putting the fear of god into the enemy teams ranged carry and getting them away from the fight, thats a win. Every second someone isn't doing DPS, well they aren't doing DPS. Sure your teammate isn't doing much damage either, but again it depends.

Its been over a month and a half since i've played, i've had a hankering to as of late... But im scared because im gonna be so awful.

Ryven

Quote from: The Golden Touch on July 07, 2012, 02:24:13 PM
If your tanks are ridiculous enough to leave behind the rest of the team, then yes- that sucks. On the other hand, when people actually know that, 'Hey, have the ranged person chasing them would be smarter than the tanky types...' It works much better.

Unfortunately, you got saddled with those that don't get the mechanics of a team fight. Focus the burst/carry types.

-Shrug-

I always find that I don't rely on a team due to this fact, and when it is... If I can kill them, great. If I cannot, I can sure as hell chase some fuckers back.

I tend to play ranged characters or characters with maneuverability for a variety of reasons.  I don't like relying on another person for kills unless I am playing a support character, so if they run off, I'm probably going to go follow them until they reach a point where I cannot follow safely such as under an enemy turret with no minions.  I will admit that when playing a maneuverable character, I will chase after a kill, but only so far as I can keep myself safe.  Unless the enemy has been fed so much that sacrificing one person to kill them would actually be worth it, I don't usually do anything too rash to accomplish a kill.  Most times there is someone with enough range or speed to catch them.  If all else, they're still out of the fight for the time being because they have to run and heal.

Quote from: Changingsaint on July 07, 2012, 03:00:48 PM
honestly it always depends. If your teams Renekton is putting the fear of god into the enemy teams ranged carry and getting them away from the fight, thats a win. Every second someone isn't doing DPS, well they aren't doing DPS. Sure your teammate isn't doing much damage either, but again it depends.

Its been over a month and a half since i've played, i've had a hankering to as of late... But im scared because im gonna be so awful.

Practice makes perfect, and for me, it's not about winning, its about having fun which is why I don't PUG regular pvp games.

Darkcide

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 07, 2012, 02:23:36 PM
So you ended up 3v4, did you win the fight?

Nope. These mooks targeted the two tanks. That is why I don't like playing with people I don't know. I took out Vlad, but warwick killed me. I get crap like that all the time, or useless junglers.

Overall I have several people I'm really good with, Leblanc is the one that I'm best with but I want to learn Irelia and Yorick. They both seem pretty fun even though Irelia seems really item reliant.

The Golden Touch

I play Irelia, and she can sort of go either way to DPS or tanky. I build her incredibly tanky with guardian angel, Frozen mallet, Merc treads... Usually I go for T-force last and starting with the phange, then sheen and then the zeal before I'm done with it. Sin plays Shyvanna with my Irelia and we rock top hard.

-Shrug-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Ryven

Rock like socks in a box. :O

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

The main problem I have with people chasing kills is when they're chasing kills they will obviously never catch.

If you are playing a melee character and you're trying to chase down Ashe by yourself, stop it. Just stop. It's not going to happen unless she is a complete idiot, and even then it's unlikely. This is a character designed to run away from you. You are wasting your time and likely going to get yourself killed. Likewise: Nidalee, Singed, Rammus (Wait why are you chasing tanks anyway? Cut it out.), and so on.

If they're chasing a priority target that they can actually catch and kill, I usually don't have a problem with it. It's unfortunate that that is so rarely the case.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Nazz

『Call Me, Maybe?』aka League of Legends parody

I honestly just can't get over this one...

Don't take it for face value from the title though, it gets...better.~
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

Shjade

...what the hell did I just listen to?
◕/◕'s

Samael

This about sums the matches up I generally run into:

League of Legends SONG - A Typical LoL Game by Cody

The community is really toxic in this game.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

CmdrRenegade

Summoner Name: Krogdor

I've been playing all day and have had some decent gains with Ashe and Jarvan IV, though I'm frustrated on Jarvan's inability to finish a Champion before someone else ganks it.  I don't blame the other players for doing their job, but it would be nice to have a few more kills.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Ryven

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on July 08, 2012, 02:53:54 AM
Summoner Name: Krogdor

I've been playing all day and have had some decent gains with Ashe and Jarvan IV, though I'm frustrated on Jarvan's inability to finish a Champion before someone else ganks it.  I don't blame the other players for doing their job, but it would be nice to have a few more kills.

Isn't Jarvan a tank?

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 08, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
Yes, yes he is.

Then why are you worried about finishing champions?

Cybrewaste

Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Chris Brady

Quote from: Samael on July 08, 2012, 01:26:02 AM
This about sums the matches up I generally run into:

League of Legends SONG - A Typical LoL Game by Cody

The community is really toxic in this game.

Why do you think I play with you guys and no one else against Bots???  I know the community is a bunch rabid, self-entitled, fragile ego'ed, mentally stunted ego maniacs.  You guys are the only sane ones I can actually play with.  YOU PUT UP WITH ME!  They won't.

Darkcide

Another thing that turns me off about League and online games in general are these racist little shits, who only speak the way they do because they're doing it over the computer and the like. Realistically they don't say that crap to anyone who would check them on it in person and it just gets really annoying. Especially with head sets.

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 08, 2012, 12:26:56 PM
Why do you think I play with you guys and no one else against Bots???  I know the community is a bunch rabid, self-entitled, fragile ego'ed, mentally stunted ego maniacs.  You guys are the only sane ones I can actually play with.  YOU PUT UP WITH ME!  They won't.

But you haven't been on! XD

Chris Brady

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 08, 2012, 01:11:57 PM
Life, Ryv, life.

That's alright.  I've been itching to play with you guys though. :D

Chris Brady

I'm on now, and will be for at least a couple of hours.

...Can't get up without pain...

>.> :P

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Darkcide on July 08, 2012, 12:37:43 PM
Another thing that turns me off about League and online games in general are these racist little shits, who only speak the way they do because they're doing it over the computer and the like. Realistically they don't say that crap to anyone who would check them on it in person and it just gets really annoying. Especially with head sets.

That actually happens ever where online that you can either speak or post something.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 08, 2012, 02:01:02 PM
That actually happens ever where online that you can either speak or post something.

Truth.  The more popular any game is, the more asshats it will attract.  Not much you can do about it except have a thick skin, block, and/or report. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Darkcide

Well there was one time, this was back in Highschool. One of the kids who did that in an online game? I actually went to school with, I recognized his voice and made him publicly apologize during lunch. Like the kid actually literally lived across the street from me. But eh I don't really get into backs and forth with them because it is pointless.