News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

its not over powered, its just the only really good MR item.
They openly admitted that MR is not in a good spot, and will be getting looked into soon [tm]

ofDelusions

Quote from: apygoos on June 13, 2013, 02:24:48 PM
its not over powered, its just the only really good MR item.
They openly admitted that MR is not in a good spot, and will be getting looked into soon [tm]

Its not that. Aegis was absurdly powerful back in s2 as well. It gives bunch of free stats for the whole team, the fact that there is lack of good MR items is just a "bonus".

Shjade

It's also the single highest MR item available for the person carrying it, though only by 5 now as opposed to 10.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Aatrox went live not to long ago.  Expect huge nerf bats to beat his as soon.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

huge nerf bats yes..
FOR DRAVEN
they completly remade his passive, no more dots on crit
also, new Udyr skin on PBE, not yet confirmed as of this moment if its the ultimate or not.

SinXAzgard21

I'd love to get on the PBE.

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on June 13, 2013, 04:25:34 PM
huge nerf bats yes..
FOR DRAVEN
they completly remade his passive, no more dots on crit

Hm...yeah, that seems fair, as long as it still works the same way on spinning axe hits. Giving him bonus crit damage all the time was probably a little overkill.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Jungle Aatrox... Yeah buddy... Boring ass kit though.

apygoos

also, them hard core Leblanc nerfs, though a massive buff on her ulti

Spell

Aatrox doesn't seem too strong to be fairly honest. His laning is pretty good but his teamfighting is absolutely abysmal. Key is to go even with him in lane which shouldn't be too hard. There are some champs that Aatrox wrecks but Jax Vlad and Malphite do pretty well against him.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Shjade

I think his teamfighting is going to be much like Trynd's: he will absolutely crush you if you don't focus him, but you don't really enjoy focusing him because of his sustain and built-in rez. If he jumps into a fight a few seconds after it gets started instead of initiating it himself, diving in on the back lines once targets have already started to get picked out, you probably have a problem. Otherwise, eh, hit or miss.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

its not just a built in res like anivia or zac. its practically a  GA. while tahts annoying, nothing ignite cant handle

Shjade

Actually, since he's invulnerable while rezzing, ignite wouldn't do anything to it as far as I can tell. You just have to kill him while his well is low so he'll die again as soon as he gets up.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

I jungle with Aatrox, his clear is good and ganking is decent.  If he gets focused though... My gods he is dead.  Though with a Botrk and hydra along with a few tank items he can easy 1v2.

Spell

So I decided to grind out a lv30 NA Account...takes foreveeeer T_T
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

apygoos

Master Yi rework/VU coming patch 3.9 or 3.10

SinXAzgard21

apygoos

pretty much, heres the run down by on e of the rioters

I can answer a couple things about the kit in the... 15 or so minutes I have here - sorry there isn't much. Solcrushed, who is handling a lot of the tight-end balance will be around in the afternoon, I think.

Quote:
Playstyle and Kit
Overall, none of his targetting paradigms have changed - nor have any of the abilities changed in their use case.

The majority of this was scaling, timing, cleanup and a couple minor retouches.

Quote:
Alpha Strike
For example, Alpha Strike now scales off total Attack Damage, deals physical damage and has some light interactions with critical strike and attack speed.

Hitting an enemy will reduce the cooldown of Alpha Strike - while critical strike will add mini-crits to the skill based on your critical strike chance and damage.

Alpha Strike will have fixed travel time between bounces - so an Alpha Strike on 4 targets will give you a consistent time of untargetability, rather than being proximity based. This also means that your opponents will have a better sense of when you'll fade back in, so good luck on that.

Alpha Strike has lost its AP ratio... for now. We're experimenting with some models here under-the-hood for a pure AP playstyle - unsure how it'll fully pan out.

Alpha Strike now counts as movement for the purposes of items such as Statik Shiv.

Quote:
Meditate
Meditate has changed from a flat armor / magic resistance boost to a % DR model as penetration was causing really weird damage potentials against what is supposed to be one of Yi's primary defense mechanisms.

It also restores more health the lower health you have - meditating at lower health will provide a bigger damage buffer / health restore in general than meditating at high health.

Quote:
Wuju Style
Wuju Style has been changed from a flat boost to a % boost in total attack damage. This smooths out his power curve a bit better based on how well he's doing throughout the game, rather than spiking early at around level 9 and then really needing to snowball off a couple kills to remain decent.

Wuju's style's active now deals true damage based on a % of his total attack damage - Master Yi needs to be a threat, regardless of who he's attacking - but the damage difference between destroying squishy targets and piercing high armor targets was getting a bit absurd.

In general, Wuju Style will add less attack damage early but more and more as he builds additional Attack Damage and ranking it. We've compensated some of this early damage loss with an increase in base statistics and survivability.

Quote:
Highlander
One of the things we noticed from continuous playtests was that the more you made Yi focus on Alpha Strike and Highlander gameplay - the more of a restriction Highlander became.

One of the primary skills a player needs to know while playing Yi is when to engage a fight - but seeing so many opportunities pass by because you were waiting for an apparently unrelated cooldown (Highlander) seemed counter-intuitive for the build.

Highlander now has a passive/active component - the passive restoring basic cooldowns on kills and assists - while the active keeps the speed benefits that the original highlander had. Note, however, that Highlander will not reset itself passively or actively.

Quote:
Double Strike
Double Strike was operating in a burst paradigm that seemed antithesis to the continuous threat pattern that we wanted to build up - Especially with Alpha Strike becoming a larger part of threat for AD - this spiked his assassin pattern to an unhealthy level.

Double Strike has been retuned as a building-up paradigm. Every 4th attack, Master Yi's next attack will strike twice for 100% damage and 50% on the second hit - but he must use this additional double strike within the next couple of seconds - This also had some neat synergies with the retuned Alpha Strike and Wuju Style.

Shjade

That...all sounds pretty awesome on paper, actually. Highlander that passively resets cooldowns on kills/assists so he can set up penta-strike spam at every possible opportunity? Being able to stack AD to deal high Alpha Strike damage and have true damage auto-attacks? Alpha Strikes that can crit? Faster double strikes?

If he actually gets reworked even close to what they're describing here he could end up even more devastating than AP Yi is now.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

Shjade

Ehhh...not really. The true damage activation is the only thing they'd have in common. He doesn't have her innate tankiness from tenacity and lifesteal or her full range of damage output (Irelia can do physical, magical and true damage all at once, Yi would just be AD & true), and he'll be less effective building tanky than Irelia since he doesn't have her CC to add to the mix, only damage.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

well yea, hes an AD carry, i thin kthis will help him bring melee carries back to life.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on June 18, 2013, 04:25:53 PM
well yea, hes an AD carry, i thin kthis will help him bring melee carries back to life.

Doubt it.  Aatrox was supposed to be a melee carry and look at the crap he turned into.  Yi will just be a glass cannon melee damage dealer... Oh wait we call them assassins.

apygoos

not if you manage his meditate and alpha strike as they say. I sense his meditate becoming a whole lot stronger when used correctly.

Shjade

Just the fact that Highlander's reset function is an always-on passive makes a huge difference in that theoretical rework. When Highlander has to be active teams can just bait it out of Yi, survive the first strike and then he's done for the teamfight pretty much. As AD, not only is it harder to bait (since he does good damage even after the strike given he has high AD/crit instead of just AP to burst), it can never be baited out to "waste it" since it's always on. It's AD Katarina, basically: if you ever let him get a kill during a teamfight it will get out of control very quickly.
◕/◕'s