News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drenlai

Hey hey folks, anyone up for some teaming up?

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on April 24, 2013, 12:11:54 PM
I'm not going to agree with the majority, learning to be a good jungler is hard. You are expected to be everywhere at the same time and if someone get killed because they didn't have the support they get pissed at you over anyone else.

I've jungled with Rammus, Voli and Rengar but I'm still learning. It comes down to team synergy, at least from what I am experiencing first hand when I do ranked solo/duo

That expectation is the first problem.  It's unfair to the player.  The only champion that might be able to pull off anything remotely possible to fulfill that is Shen because of his ult.  If that is the case then your expectation of the laning players is to communicate and not overextend.  If they want your support, they need to indicate that instead of just getting mad over the fact that they died. 

As far as I see it, as a jungler, you're job is to float between lanes where you're needed.  That is not to be everywhere at once, that is to be where you are needed most.  With that comes the reality that you are only one person with one champion, so if two lanes need you, it will be tough luck for whomever is just a little better off.  Communication is really the key.

Quote from: Drenlai on April 24, 2013, 12:28:46 PM
Hey hey folks, anyone up for some teaming up?

Sure!

Aiden

I expect people to know their roles,

Ex- Top needs to hold their lane, ADC needs to beef up, support should be that and not take kills from ADC etc etc.

I have been in some games with BEASTLY junglers, I have a new respect for nautilaus after playing with this one guy in my league.

Shjade

Nautilus is terrifying as a jungler if the player knows what he's doing. I've been in games where it felt like all our lanes were winning and we still ended up getting shut down by Nautilus just appearing right where he was needed at that moment every time.

@Aiden: you're right. The issue being learning how to tell where you're needed when you're needed there. The game won't tell you "you are needed most here -->" and learning to discern that isn't easy.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Drenlai

Just got through a game with Ryven. We lost due to leaver sadly.

Ryven

Quote from: Drenlai on April 24, 2013, 01:39:04 PM
Just got through a game with Ryven. We lost due to leaver sadly.

That and our Morg not knowing who to put her shield on at what time.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Aiden on April 24, 2013, 12:11:54 PM
I'm not going to agree with the majority, learning to be a good jungler is hard. You are expected to be everywhere at the same time and if someone get killed because they didn't have the support they get pissed at you over anyone else.

I've jungled with Rammus, Voli and Rengar but I'm still learning. It comes down to team synergy, at least from what I am experiencing first hand when I do ranked solo/duo

This.

But then, I would not even attempt to be a jungler. I have a rough enough time playing Soraka and keeping an eyeball on everyone's health. So please, don't tell me its "easy." Its easy for people that get that position. I just don't.

Also, as of late... I've been trying Ahri! Its sort of fun! And I've been practicing with Soraka more as well. I had to save a Karthus' butt more times than I have fingers!!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

There is junggling and there is being actually effective as a jungler.   Just because you can clear camps doesn't mean you're good at it.  You need to know counter jungle, where and when to gank, wards.  Effective jungle can win a game, I've been in those games with effective junglers.  So again when I say I need to learn to jungle, I mean effectively.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Kaedia

I'll be around for a bit today. Have to go to bed really early but I'll be playing a few games of League in between. Just send me a PM if anyone wants to play.

In other news I have to agree; jungling is far from easy. While I can 'jungle' in a limited sense I have little map control. I see junglers who rampage and single handedly win games. When I'm jungling I'm that jungler who farms a lot and ganks a little. Jungle is my weakest role. I have massive respect for junglers who know what their doing. It takes a lot of practice to get that down... and when you have an less-than-perfect-game you seem to always get blamed.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Revelation

I'm going to say while learning how to jungle is easy... Actually jungling is hard. Like, knowing how to clear camps, keep yourself alive in the jungle is simple. But what if the enemy invades your jungle? What if no one helps you when the enemy is taking your red and can beat you? How do you gank a lane when they have enough wards to prevent you from attacking? How do you know when to control/contest dragon? Can you deal with the people who expect a Jungler to be superman? Theres a lot of pressure to being a jungler IMO, and its not an easy role to keep doing unless you get really into it. What about when you want to invade? When you have to keep track of where the enemy is jungling? When you think isa good time to take their red/blue/smaller camps?

Jungling is a lot more than 'clear neutral camps, kill enemy players'.

Ryven

This is all true which is why I don't normally jungle.  I'm okay at it, but I am not great.  I usually prefer Evelynn, Xin, and Elise for my jungling, just as a side note.

ofDelusions

I'm one of those junglers who gank all the time, I usually end up with something like 60 cs at 20 minutes tops though hopefully with few kills and assists if my ganks were at all succesfull. Problem is that I have limited pool of jungle champs, only ones I'm competent at the moment are Hecarim pantheon and Leona. I have Noc as well but always do bad as him. Thinking of getting the new sejuani.

Kaedia

I am having no luck with match ups today, (>_<). Blind pick roulette has been failing me!
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

Ryven

Quote from: ofDelusions on April 24, 2013, 03:53:02 PM
I'm one of those junglers who gank all the time, I usually end up with something like 60 cs at 20 minutes tops though hopefully with few kills and assists if my ganks were at all succesfull. Problem is that I have limited pool of jungle champs, only ones I'm competent at the moment are Hecarim pantheon and Leona. I have Noc as well but always do bad as him. Thinking of getting the new sejuani.

What is this 'cs' abbreviation I keep hearing?

Kaedia

Creep score; the number of minions/jungle mobs you've killed.
My Status:
Open.

Revelation

Usually, a kill is also equal to about 20 CS - assuming they're neutral at 300 gold. So do try to remember that even if you have more kills than someone - but they have a higher CS than you, things aren't as lopsided.

You can check your teammates and enemies CS by tab, its one of the numbers.

Ryven

Quote from: Zefie on April 24, 2013, 04:56:47 PM
Creep score; the number of minions/jungle mobs you've killed.

Ahh, I knew the number and where to find it, but I've never heard the abbreviation before.

SinXAzgard21

I just love owning Yorick with Vlad top lane.

Shjade

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 24, 2013, 06:46:29 PM
Usually, a kill is also equal to about 20 CS - assuming they're neutral at 300 gold.

Even less if that score includes any cannon minions or large jungle creeps. Or if it's more melee than ranged.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

The Golden Touch

Please don't post your League name, as this is a public forum that can be seen by all eyes approved or not.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

FallenRanger

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 25, 2013, 04:30:36 PM
Please don't post your League name, as this is a public forum that can be seen by all eyes approved or not.

Removed it :)

I play the NA server, PM if you want the name...?
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

apygoos

League of Upsets in the LCS

Kaedia

I know! It is... strange. I'm still being impressed by GGU. Starting out they were so subpar but they are really making a name for themselves. Not actually surprised by the Vulcan vs CLG game. CLG is highly overrated.
My Status:
Open.

apygoos

imma say GGU defeats curse 2-1, TSM defeats vulcan 2-0,  aand not sure where to take it from there. I lean towards TSM, because i love TheOddOne, and what WildTurtle has been doing since he replaced Chaox. GGU though has been making a point to prove they are not to be underestimated . Zion, Nintendude, Jintae, and dontmashme have been making sure the past few weeks that i get an earful about them. I really hope it ends up TSM vs GGU in the finals, cause that
ll be a great match.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on April 26, 2013, 11:05:18 PM
imma say GGU defeats curse 2-1, TSM defeats vulcan 2-0,  aand not sure where to take it from there. I lean towards TSM, because i love TheOddOne, and what WildTurtle has been doing since he replaced Chaox. GGU though has been making a point to prove they are not to be underestimated . Zion, Nintendude, Jintae, and dontmashme have been making sure the past few weeks that i get an earful about them. I really hope it ends up TSM vs GGU in the finals, cause that
ll be a great match.

While I watch the LCS, your avi just screams DT, DT, DT.