You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 01:48:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Bachmann challegened to a test by high school sophomore on the constituion  (Read 2214 times)

Offline itsbeenfun2000Topic starter

This young lady has a wonderful sense of humor and how to put an adult that acts like a child into shame.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/high-schooler-challenges-michelle-bachmann-to-constitution-showdown

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
I like the idea in one of the comments that this should be done with all representatives - select a group of high school students to compete against them in a test on the Constitution and civics.  I think we should additionally get Bill Engvall to emcee it, and call it 'Are you smarter than a Congressman?'

Online TheGlyphstone

More like "How much Smarter than a Congressman are you?"

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Yeah, but that doesn't quite riff as well off of 'Are you smarter than a fifth grader'.

Offline Zakharra

Hah. If that happened, he should then ask the audiance who they'd rather have running the country. It would be a riot. Especially if the highschoolers won.   XD

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
I'd tune in.  Considering the way our school district's 4th, 5th, and 6th graders did at Academic Challenge, I'm sure I could volunteer a pool of high school students, too.

Offline Yorubi

Nah lets call it "How much BS does your congressman say?" Considering how they like to twist and distort a lot of things without knowing the context of what they are using for their argument.  ;D

Offline Pointless Digression

The nuttiness of people like Michelle Bachman aside, it does behoove us to remember that 225 members of Congress either passed the bar exam or practiced law in their home states or both. These are not ignorant people.

Pointless Digression: What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50?
A: Your honor.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:27:55 AM by Pointless Digression »

Offline itsbeenfun2000Topic starter

this is true pointless, however that means the rest of them didn't.

Offline Shjade

this is true pointless, however that means the rest of them didn't.
...what?

Online TheGlyphstone

I think he means that the rest of Congress (the ones outside of that 225-member sample) are not practicing lawyers.

Offline Shjade

Ah, gotcha.

Offline Zakharra

And there are over 600 members of Congress.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
535, actually.  100 Senators and 435 Representatives.

Offline Belle33

What an interesting move by a bold young student.  I'm impressed.  Of course, Bachmann can't possibly meet this challenge (it would be too much to hope for).  However, I really hope Ms. Bachmann does enter the presidential race, then she may feel the need to acknowledge some of her ridiculous and inaccurate statements.

Offline Noelle

I'm not too concerned about Bachmann as a viable presidential candidate. She's not strong or sane enough to run as a female candidate anyway, she's more or less perceived to be a Sarah Palin, part II, and even her presidential viability is also stunningly weak.

Offline ReanimateMagnus

I really dislike Bachmann because she never answers the questions she is asked. I'd love to see this happen.

Offline Yorubi

I really dislike Bachmann because she never answers the questions she is asked. I'd love to see this happen.
I think you just described every single politician there is.  ;D

Offline ReanimateMagnus

I think you just described every single politician there is.  ;D

Not all, just the stereotypical ones ^^