You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 02:14:52 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Protocol on starting a story thread  (Read 790 times)

Offline OroborosTopic starter

Protocol on starting a story thread
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »
I've been working out a few story ideas with a couple other people here on E and it's getting to the point where we are about ready to start our stories.  I was wondering if people could share with me what the proper protocol is on getting these set up.  A quick browse shows me that we seem to want the "Name of the story (Person 1 and Person 2)", but I was wondering if there is anything else that ought to be included or tagged.

Offline Kyrsa

Re: Protocol on starting a story thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:58:30 PM »
That's pretty much it.  No other tags are necessary since the boards are split up by content.  Even the names of the participants are not necessary, though I personally find it polite.  The only other thing you might consider is a disclaimer in the very beginning of your story, not in the title but in the post itself, if you are planing on content that is very extreme.  Obviously this would only happen in the Extreme section, and it's only my personal way of doing things, not at all required.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
No, that's pretty much it. Just decide what limits you want on the story and open the thread in the appropriate board. If you decide the story course is going to take it into another board, PM a mod to move the thread.

Offline OroborosTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
Excellent, thank you for helping me make sure I get it right.

Offline Kyrsa

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 02:23:50 PM »
You're quite welcome!  :D

Offline consortium11

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »
That's pretty much it.  No other tags are necessary since the boards are split up by content.  Even the names of the participants are not necessary, though I personally find it polite.  The only other thing you might consider is a disclaimer in the very beginning of your story, not in the title but in the post itself, if you are planing on content that is very extreme.  Obviously this would only happen in the Extreme section, and it's only my personal way of doing things, not at all required.

This may have changed while I was away, but isn't there a requirement to label extreme threads with an "Ex" or something similar for if/when they are moved to "Completed Stories" so anyone interesting in browsing them has a rough idea of what's inside?

Offline Lilias

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
This may have changed while I was away, but isn't there a requirement to label extreme threads with an "Ex" or something similar for if/when they are moved to "Completed Stories" so anyone interesting in browsing them has a rough idea of what's inside?

Staff adds those when moving the threads. While they are still in their respective sections, there is no need for further tagging.