Phone Problem. Ringtones. :/

Started by Wolfy, May 07, 2011, 01:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Ok, so I downloaded some Ringtones, and I'm trying to get them to work on my phone..but it keeps telling me it can't copy them from the SD card to the phone because they are the wrong file type..everyone of them is a qcp File. :/

Could anyone help? D:

Tamhansen

brand and type of phone. And did you download them as qcp or did you convert them?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Wolfy

I downloaded them as QCP, and my phone is an LG Rumor Touch.

Tamhansen

Ok. Sorry to do it this way. But i need to be at the same point you are to troubleshoot so here are some basic questions.

1) Have you tried hooking up your phone to your pc with the pc connect cable and downloading directly to the phone, ergo circumventing the sd card?

2) Have you tried to use an mp3 file with the extension .3g2, so effectively removing the mp3 or .qcp extension and making it .3g2?  for some reason this tricks the phone into thinking it's a file native to the LG. No conversion programme or anything needed, just change the ext

3) Are you a virgin mobile customer? (Virgin the company, don't go getting crazy ideas) If so, Virgin uses weird security protocols, so if the above didn't work I need to know this before proceeding.

please try these steps if you have not already, if nothing works let me know and I'l help you along.
ons and offs

Wolfy

Quote from: Katataban on May 09, 2011, 04:33:38 AM
Ok. Sorry to do it this way. But i need to be at the same point you are to troubleshoot so here are some basic questions.

1) Have you tried hooking up your phone to your pc with the pc connect cable and downloading directly to the phone, ergo circumventing the sd card?

2) Have you tried to use an mp3 file with the extension .3g2, so effectively removing the mp3 or .qcp extension and making it .3g2?  for some reason this tricks the phone into thinking it's a file native to the LG. No conversion programme or anything needed, just change the ext

3) Are you a virgin mobile customer? (Virgin the company, don't go getting crazy ideas) If so, Virgin uses weird security protocols, so if the above didn't work I need to know this before proceeding.

please try these steps if you have not already, if nothing works let me know and I'l help you along.

1. I have tried that, but it won't let me download directly to the phone, for some reason.

2. I haven't tried that, but I don't know how to do it, either. lol

3. No, I'm with Sprint.

Tamhansen

for step 2 place the rigtone on your computer. Right click and look for properties. you should be able to change the extension there
ons and offs

Wolfy

Ok, I changed it to a .3g2 file, but I can't find it in my phone to use. :/ I let me copy it into the phone, though, but I don't know where it put it, and it doesn't show up on my list for ringers.