You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:29:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: presenting pleasures with pleiades! (f looking for m)  (Read 1523 times)

Offline pleiadesTopic starter

presenting pleasures with pleiades! (f looking for m)
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
Hello! 

Well, here is my wish list, idea presentation place, thinking page, whatever.  If I have story ideas I will present them, but even more so,  characters and ideas that can be woven into stories.  Characters always come first,  to me.  If there are ideas about a character I like, I can usually think up a story.  I find it harder to go the other way.

I play female characters, opposite male characters.  Generally of the sweet and nice type.  I do not like to play bad characters, although a nice girl can be driven to do bad things.  If you are looking for your proud barbarian queen, seductive succubus, wicked villainess or bold swords-woman with biting wit and devil-may-care attitude, that's not my type of character.  Think quiet.  Gentle. 

So if you follow my musings along... maybe something will inspire.

Here goes:

1.  Genres.

I like fantasy and myth firstly, I can be talked into historical fiction, I will even do a little science fiction if you tell me which buttons to push.  (or push them for me)  But I especially like fantasy.  Faeries, witches, elven princesses, etc.  But I don't like playing contemporary characters, high school, etc, except for fantasy characters in a contemporary setting.  Fantasy, you see, has the advantage of being imagined.  You can have any situation you want, without wondering, "did they really have that in Tudor England?"  But no vampires.  I just don't like vampires. 

I also like creative twists to "traditional" stories.  Doing something which just isn't how its usually done. 

I like heroes.   And my characters certainly do!  But I think a real hero is defined by limitations.  A hero who is a hero despite some limit is a much more engaging character than Mr. Demigod who is always the best at everything. 

2. Characters

Note above, I prefer my characters to be "nice" characters.  That does not mean the whole story is "nice".  This does not mean the other characters are nice.  This is Elliquiy and not Hello Kitty, after all.  (I can handle secondary characters who are of less sweet demeanor, it's just the lead character I'm referring to here.) 

Since I prefer the fantasy setting, my characters have run the range from simple peasant girls, to goddesses , faeries, witches, etc.

Now, there is your character- or multiple characters, if you're up to it.  Again, this being Elliquiy, your character is male, please.  Women just do not do it for me.  Not to say that there aren't other women in the story.  But you're going to play the Leading Man.  And your character should know what he wants to do, and how to do it.  Especially with my character.  I like having ideas but not leading.

Your character might be anything drawn from the worlds of fantasy.  You have your own ideas here, I'm sure.   Maybe your character is similar in outlook to mine.  That can lead to a gentle romance story.  Or maybe not... and things aren't so gentle.  He can be a hero, or a villain, or something in between, but he is the one in charge, knows it, and likes it that way.

Characters drawn from fiction:  Personally, I don't like to do this with my own characters.  I may take inspiration and use ideas, but writing a story about a character I saw in a movie or read in a book isn't the same as writing my own story.  On the other hand, I know a lot of other people like this.  So, if you want to, and it fits the story, go ahead.  We can even adjust the setting, to fit your needs- but bear in mind, if you're a serious fan you probably know a lot more than me, so you'll have to tell me what's what, and I will go with it.  Feel free to take a character you love, and explore a what-if.  For example, what if He-Man from Masters of the Universe wasn't gay?

3.  Story ideas I'd like to try.

Just a couple of  full blown story ideas at the moment:

Prisoners.   I like to do stories that have a twist to a more common theme.  In this story, BOTH lead characters are prisoners of some terrible powerful inhuman evil whatever, with no real chance of escape.  But they have each other, even though perhaps they didn't know each other before,and in the worst of times, they turn to each other.  Perhaps the Evil Overlord simply doesn't care, or perhaps plans to use this to hurt them.  Or maybe he/she/it is a voyeur, and finds their antics very entertaining. 

I would want this story to focus on their relationship as captives, and how they jointly cope, and need each other.  Not just a "let's escape!" story because if they do escape, the basic premise of the story vanishes.  (Although a follow-on "couple on the run" story can then ensue).

Second Chance.   This is an escape story, and also, a healing and recovery story.  And it takes up where many more standard stories leave off.  My character already is a prisoner.  Not yours: your master's.  You are the young apprentice/protege/servant of someone quite evil, but seeing what's happened to her has changed you.  You've become  very sympathetic to her, while finally learning how evil your master can be.  The final straw:  you learned that she is a sorceress, a very important one and dedicated to the cause of good, and maybe, if she were rescued, and brought back to some semblance of what she could be, a lot of lives could be changed for the better.  You cannot challenge the power of your wicked master, but you can steal the master's prize away. 

The Tantric Mage.   Currently ongoing.   This is a twist of the more common master-apprentice story.  Our heroine is a mage, in a world where every mage has a focus of some kind, from which they can summon power.  Fire, earth, plants, music, there are many.  But our heroine, who has been trying to find her focus for a long time,  has just learned she is a Tantric mage- she draws power from sexual energy.  Being a shy person who has never been sexually aggressive, she is shocked and appalled by this development.  On the other hand, ignoring it means refusing access to a lot of power. 

And then there is your character, her apprentice.  The first person she shares her predicament with.  What happens from there is largely a matter of this character, and how the two interact.  Maybe the apprentice's reaction is "Wow, what a great deal for me!"  Maybe he's always been attracted to her.  Or on the other extreme, maybe the apprentice simply does not want this kind of relationship with the mage, for one reason or another, but instead becomes her "procurer", arranging the kind of liaisons she needs to power her magic.  In that case, you could handle these as minor characters, or it could happen "off screen" with the story more focused on the mage and apprentice relationship than the mage's sexual encounters.  There are a lot of paths this story could take. 

- - - - -

4.  Themes, in search of stories.

When you have characters, you have to reason for them to interact, and hence, the theme.   And even though the story may have multiple characters, generally I am thinking in terms of a female lead and a male lead, at any one time.  What has brought them together?

General themes that have worked well for me include:

-The Common Cause.  This can pair my character with virtually anyone.  There is some task, quest, mission, etc, both must undertake together.  If it involves a lot of violence, my characters usually aren't the type to take an active part in that, but she'll be there in her own way.

-Need.  One character needs the other.  His/her assistance is bought, begged, or forced.  I would not be the one forcing you, though.  One of us might be the Experienced Guide, or Protector, that the other needs. 

- Stranded, survival, shipwreck - a variant in which the common cause is survival, and the characters are there involuntarily. 

- Prisoners.   One character is captured or otherwise belongs to another.  If you are MY character's prisoner, I expect you will turn the tables, or at least, find a way to seduce my character despite your confinement. 

How would a "nice" character have a prisoner, you ask?  Perhaps daddy is not so nice.  Now there's a story lead- daughter of Evil Villain falls for prisoner in dungeon, starts illicit affair with him- but cannot get him out, that would kind of ruin the main theme of the story.  That's how it works with me- themes, ideas, characters come together, a story emerges.  I'd rather make them up in cooperation than present complete ideas here and say "pick one". 

If you agree, let's create a story!

I will add more as I think of it.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:52:22 AM by pleiades »

Offline Tree

Re: I have an idea! (heroine seeks hero/villain)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
Hi!

I'm Tree. I read your request and I think I could get into it with great pleasure. I'm thinking of a scenario where the heroine is abandoned on a mountain where she is hunted by a sadomasochistic villain who plans to sacrifice her once he has "prepared" her. The hero could be a barbarian wanderer who comes across the scene and decides to rescue the girl for his own purposes. What do you think? I am quite flexible and open to whatever. Say hello if you're still looking.

Re: I have an idea! (heroine seeks hero/villain)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Hello Tree;

I've answered you via pm.

Re: presenting pleasures with pleiades!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
Revamped my whole wish list, with a new design, and new ideas, a few of which I hope are very unique!

Re: presenting pleasures with pleiades!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
Added a couple of new ideas at the top.

Re: presenting pleasures with pleiades! (looking for m)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
Added new ideas up top, and modified an older one!

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »
Completely revised!

Offline Rex33

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
Hello pleiades, I've looked at your ideas and I've picked up an interest. Please pm if you feel fit to. Then maybe discuss the details through that.

Rex

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
Changed some things, added characters!

Re: presenting pleasures with pleiades! (f looking for m)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »
Revisions and new thoughts.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »
Added the Tantric Mage.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 10:56:58 AM »
Added a couple of ideas.