You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:03:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Labels?  (Read 720 times)

Offline CombiconTopic starter

Labels?
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »
I like organising my pms into specific folders, so clicking on a folder would bring up all related pms (very useful for dealing with several people, and needing to refer to a prior email), and I've only just realised that there are labels that can be applied to PMs now (or maybe have been since I've joined, but I've never noticed them).
I tried applying some to some PMs I got, and it worked, however the pms still appeared in my main inbox. As I had read somewhere that it said they were like folders, I assumed that deleting it from the inbox would keep it in the label section - appearantly this was not the case ( I made sure the email was in both before attempting).

I was wondering if this was meant to happen, or if this was a glitch of som ekind.

I love it to be really orginised, so my main inbox has just stuff I've got to reply to, and the labels contain everything else. Assuming that the labels dont work this way, and are just labels rather than folders, aside from saving the messages to my computer, is there any other way of organising them?

Offline alxnjsh

Re: Labels?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
In the "change settings" at the bottom of the left menu you need to check:

Remove the inbox label when applying another label

Offline CombiconTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »
Thanks! <3

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »
No problemo ;)

Offline Caeli

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 02:08:35 AM »
For future organization fiends, I (finally) finished reworking and rewriting a tutorial created by a former mentor. Topic: organizing your personal messages with labels and rules.

You can find it here: http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105085.0

:)