A Gothic Fairy Tale

Started by Airindel, July 09, 2007, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airindel

I have always enjoyed the bleakness of fairy tales, those of the Brothers Grimm and other darker gothic and/or supernatural tales. I am wondering if there is another that shares the same interest.

The concept is simple. A young siren is captured during infancy, robbed from her mother, stolen by a hag, a skin thief to be exact. Under a slumber spell, the hag grows the siren, wishing to steal her beauty and voice, but one afternoon a Ranger stumbles upon the hag’s hut. He slaughters the hag who has hunted many fae women, and rescues the siren…

Years pass, decades, centuries.

The siren is drawn back to the waters where she was stolen from her mother, and as she sits by the shore, as she sings her song, it attracts an outcast from the fae society. It is dark, sinister, the being that is attracted to the siren, obsessed with her, and he will have her for his own…

For those that might be interested in the story, either as the deprived dark entity or the Ranger, privately drop me a line and I can send you the history of the tale as well as discuss it.
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

Eyeomancer

*raises a hand*  I haven't played a Daoine Sídhe in ages, and a member of the Unseelie court might satisfy your desire for a deprived dark entity.

Airindel

Although the dark entity is taken, and we are in the midst of discussing character concepts etc., we are now wondering, out of curiosity, if there is anyone who wants to play the Ranger?
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

indarkestknight

I suppose I'd be up for it... Have the vaguest of ideas dancing in my head, but I'd be up for it.

Draconus Umaki

I wouldn't mind playing the Ranger.
Its not the balls and a dick that make the man, its the choices in life he makes that does that. Otherwise he is just a MALE