You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:37:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A Gothic Fairy Tale  (Read 656 times)

Online AirindelTopic starter

A Gothic Fairy Tale
« on: July 09, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
I have always enjoyed the bleakness of fairy tales, those of the Brothers Grimm and other darker gothic and/or supernatural tales. I am wondering if there is another that shares the same interest.

The concept is simple. A young siren is captured during infancy, robbed from her mother, stolen by a hag, a skin thief to be exact. Under a slumber spell, the hag grows the siren, wishing to steal her beauty and voice, but one afternoon a Ranger stumbles upon the hag’s hut. He slaughters the hag who has hunted many fae women, and rescues the siren…

Years pass, decades, centuries.

The siren is drawn back to the waters where she was stolen from her mother, and as she sits by the shore, as she sings her song, it attracts an outcast from the fae society. It is dark, sinister, the being that is attracted to the siren, obsessed with her, and he will have her for his own…

For those that might be interested in the story, either as the deprived dark entity or the Ranger, privately drop me a line and I can send you the history of the tale as well as discuss it.

Offline Eyeomancer

Re: A Gothic Fairy Tale
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »
*raises a hand*  I haven't played a Daoine Sídhe in ages, and a member of the Unseelie court might satisfy your desire for a deprived dark entity.

Online AirindelTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:51:08 PM »
Although the dark entity is taken, and we are in the midst of discussing character concepts etc., we are now wondering, out of curiosity, if there is anyone who wants to play the Ranger?

Offline indarkestknight

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »
I suppose I'd be up for it... Have the vaguest of ideas dancing in my head, but I'd be up for it.

Offline Draconus Umaki

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 05:10:22 PM »
I wouldn't mind playing the Ranger.