You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 08:26:11 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Merging threads?  (Read 424 times)

Offline OniyaTopic starter

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Merging threads?
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »
Is there a reason that unrelated threads would be merged?  I've seen this happen with a couple of people (in one case I had specifically stayed away from the other threads that got merged into the one I had commented in, and in another I had commented in both of the merged threads and got caught off guard by reading a 'response' that had nothing to do with the conversation I thought I was returning to.)

Offline Neroon

• Sneaky Little Weasel
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • Beware of geeks bearing gifs
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Merging threads?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:29 PM »
Basically, the threads in these cases, if my guess is right as to which threads you're referring, are by the same people, who would otherwise disproportionately dominate the boards such as Off Topic and B&U with lots of short threads and other members' threads were being pushed onto the second board disproportionately quickly. So the decision was taken to merge such threads together by author, when a person came close to having being the author of nearly every thread on the top page of a particular board.

Hope that explains things.

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Merging threads?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »

We have had a couple authors who have been incredibly prolific in certain boards (off topic, B&U, G&C) whose threads were merged and the author PMed about it. What Neroon said, and:

Similarly, if two threads by the same author are posted in the intro board, the system merges the threads.

If, in your case, the originating author wasn't the same and the subjects of the threads were completely different, I'm not sure what it'd be about. You'd have to PM me specifics for that one.