You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 03:57:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: User-Friendly Wanted Ads  (Read 683 times)

Offline GreenthornTopic starter

User-Friendly Wanted Ads
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »
I know that I asked/mentioned this before, but any possibility of making the Wanted threads a bit more user-friendly? Female Wanted/Male Wanted/Other Wanted would be great. Or even a further breakdown of sorts… anything to make looking for a new writing partner easier.

Whenever I check the wanted threads, I’m stuck opening many to read the contents since some people do not specify in their titles what they are looking for. Another option would be the added ability to add a hover-over summary (which I THINK is a forum add on)… when you place your pointer over the title a small blurb pops up.

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: User-Friendly Wanted Ads
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »
I believe that one of Veks' goals with the new CMS is to make searching for writing partners easier. :)

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:34:52 AM »
Not sure if you were on break when it got put together, but there's a Players button that you can use to search for people based on interests.  I know it's not quite the same thing, but it could be useful.

Offline GreenthornTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »
I believe that one of Veks' goals with the new CMS is to make searching for writing partners easier. :)

Thanks.

Not sure if you were on break when it got put together, but there's a Players button that you can use to search for people based on interests.  I know it's not quite the same thing, but it could be useful.

Yeah, the search feature is a bit clunky in my opinion... not very user-friendly. Additionally, I'm not interested in interests, but more so just finding someone who is looking for females, and using the search function for that would give me entirely too many results  ;)

Offline Oreo

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:20:34 AM »
I don't know how you feel about add-ons, but in the interim Interclue will allow you to see the page without actually opening it.

Offline rahatngt

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:56:36 AM »

Do a little jump up and down.