Links and Pictures, Help Please :]

Started by imaginationpen, April 17, 2011, 05:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imaginationpen

Hello there. I've been trying to personalize my profile.

I wanted to add a few pictures to my profile. Nothing extreme, just a picture of a bunny. However, when I hit the picture of Mona Lisa and this pops up: [img] thing, and I put the link in between them. The only thing that shows up is a white box with a red X. Now, I've tried using different pictures, even went from the bunny to stars, to etc. etc.  I've been using the link that says "direct link" to insert between the [img] thing . I have also tried using the IMG code directly from photobucket. Neither have worked. What am I doing wrong?
*** I know I have to close the image box thing, but it won't show the graphic if I don't type it how I did.

Also, I have wanted to post a link to a thread of mine. I wanted to do it by saying, for example:
M/M Roleplay (and when you click on M/M Roleplay, it'll send you to the link).
Instead I can't figure out how to make the words I want them to click on be the link... and I've just put the link below the words. I'd like to know How to do that? It'll be nice to say click 'here' (and then, they click there to go to a certain thread or whatever).

I'd really appreciate help with this!  Thank you, in advance.
plots + current + o/o

Lord Drake

If you are adding pictures to your signature, they must be uploaded to Elliquiy's wiki to show up. Any other place won't work.

To create "clickable link words" you have to use the url function - for example - this way

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=24464]imaginationpen's profile[/url]

to obtain

imaginationpen's profile

Hope this helps!
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

imaginationpen

Oh, yes. Thank you very much Lord Drake. This will help me a lot in future endeavours.  :-)
plots + current + o/o

imaginationpen

plots + current + o/o

gaggedLouise

I'm having trouble with pictures too, not on the profile but in ordinary threads. Tried to add an image link to a characters thread, with the picture hosted on an outside picture sharing site. Despite using the [*img]-url-[/*img] method (the asterisques were not included but without them what I'm talking about doesn't even show up in this post) nothing shows up; I get a blank or (in IE 8) an empty box with a placeholder x in it.

The same thing happened when I tried to post a few pictures on the hot pictures/art board. No idea why, I don't think its' the markup code itself being used incorrectly.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Caeli

Some sites don't allow hotlinking. If you want to share pictures, it is generally recommended that you do so with our Wiki (for erotic images) or with your own Photobucket account.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

imaginationpen

The images that I have tried to link to my profile have been from my own personal photobucket account. Could it be a setting that I have turned on, in my account?
plots + current + o/o