You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:18:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Rebooting GladOS  (Read 8538 times)

Offline AllieCat

Re: Rebooting GladOS
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I'm in spaaaaaace...
*giggles*

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:25 AM »
I'm in spaaaaaace...
*giggles*

Yup .. yup.. got to like that part. I was like. 'no way' when I did the finishing move.

Offline AllieCat

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »
and all the while Wheatley is reflecting on what a cad he was, the orange core's flying around going "SPAAAAAAAACEEE!!!"

Offline Jude

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »
Played through Portal 2 from start to finish with friends late last night.  It was much better than I was expecting.  I thought the first game was had interesting mechanics and gameplay, plus a nice bit of a charm, but no real storyline to speak of.  This is obviously completely different in that regard -- which is good, because by the end of our 7 hour playthrough my brain was really hurting from all of the puzzle solving so story sequences were a nice break.

There's a ton of room for future content additions too.  I still want to see a chamber that uses Thermal Discouragement beams/redirection cubes, Light Staircases, Tractor Beams, all 3 gels, and companion cubes in 1 puzzle.

I only got about 2-3 hours into the co-op before I had to sleep, but it was pretty satisfying too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:30:05 PM by Jude »

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »
and all the while Wheatley is reflecting on what a cad he was, the orange core's flying around going "SPAAAAAAAACEEE!!!"

The Space Sphere is the Best Sphere, because it's the best at Space. And really, there's nothing better to be the best at.

There's no white gel in the co-op. That annoyed me.

Apparently the first meaningful DLC is going to include pnuematic diversity vents, which didn't make it into the initial release.

Pneumatic Diversity Vent

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
is the DLC going to add onto the story any, or is it just going to be new Test Chambers/new mechanics?

Because..well...

If you've played through co-op fully, you know that GLaDoS has thousands upon Thousands of live test subjects now...so it could be we won't be playing Chell in the DLC. :P

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2011, 03:13:45 AM »
Had my first taste of multiplayer with Veks yesterday before my seasonal migraines hit. Needless to say while I enjoyed it that I SUCK at co-op. (Ask Veks.. :D Thanks for putting up with me)

Off to sleep again..

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »
On the other hand, you got the iron grip achievement on your first go, which is pretty impressive >_>

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »
On the other hand, you got the iron grip achievement on your first go, which is pretty impressive >_>

True.. but I got killed by a DOOR

Offline Geeklet

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
I really need to try Co-op sometime. Only problem is I generally dislike doing such things with complete strangers over Steam who often turn into idiots.

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 01:29:55 PM »
Heh.  I know the feeling but I'm sure you can find someone here wou,d help. I'm a spaz myself but I act nice.  ;D

Offline WhiteyChan

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »
I really need to try Co-op sometime. Only problem is I generally dislike doing such things with complete strangers over Steam who often turn into idiots.

If you've got it on Steam, I'd totally play co-op with you, Geeklet ;D

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »
I am kind of curious..can you use the laser to kill your partner? (still in shock/surprise over the door)

Offline Shjade

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
True.. but I got killed by a DOOR
Don't feel bad about that. Veks got killed by the door when he was playing with me.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Just thought I'd mention that I have the XBOX version, in case anyone is on LIVE and needs a partner. =P

Offline Kunoichi

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »
*has Xbox, but no LIVE*

Offline Le RandomBloke

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2011, 08:54:35 AM »
I'll tell you one thing:

The adventure core needs the respect it deserves, he was far more entertaining than the space core :<

Portal 2 - Personality Core 03 "Adventure Core"

(It's a video of all his delicious talkness) Always time to compliment a pretty lady.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:55:53 AM by Le RandomBloke »

Offline Kunoichi

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
*preferred the Fact Core, herself, even if every single one of its facts were wrong*

All quotes from Portal 2's Fact Sphere

Offline Le RandomBloke

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
butheinsultedmyfavourite:(

Offline Kunoichi

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »
Yes, but those 'facts' are absolutely hilarious. ;D For example, did you know that ancient greek sailors were the first to invent pants?  They did it to avoid angering the sea god Poseidon, who hated the sight of naked sailors. :P

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »
The space core is clearly superior because it does not need to try and claim superiority. It just is. Rick and Factso are just insecure.

Offline Geeklet

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
But... But..

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Offline Le RandomBloke

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2011, 03:32:33 AM »
None of them
can beat Cave Johnson though. I don't want your damn lemons!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:47:48 AM by Le RandomBloke »

Offline Geeklet

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »
You know, people keep raving over him, but he never really did much for me in the lol department, at least nothing more than anything else in the game.

Offline Remiel

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
I still have a soft spot for Wheatley.  Poor spastic, paranoid, inferiority complex-suffering, chattering Wheatley.

Also, did anyone else get chills when

GlaDOS (under Caroline's influence)  cheered Cave's farewell speech? "Yeah! Yeah!  Goodbye, sir."