Soo...I think someone gave my Yahoo name to some bot service. :/

Started by Wolfy, April 13, 2011, 02:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Cause I signed in and it was all deceptive like "Hi" and I was like "Hi" and it was like "My name is Blah blah blah. Can I ask you a question?" and I was like "Are you from E?" And it was like "Cool, so Blah blah blah?"

and then I deleted it. :/

Soo...I dunno, guess just telling people someone is apparently doing this...just kind of something annoying.

Nico

Yep. Sounds like a bot to me. Those are nasty and annoying.

Oniya

Yet another reason to set ones IM address to 'Only people on my safe list'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

GothicFires

I get those all the time. I don't add anyone to yim unless I know they are adding or they have something other than the general message giving me a clue to who they are.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Vekseid

Quote from: Oniya on April 13, 2011, 08:49:41 AM
Yet another reason to set ones IM address to 'Only people on my safe list'.

This also requires that none of your friends get their accounts hijacked.

Oniya

True enough, but it cuts down on the ones that skim email addresses from random places.  Kind of like safe sex.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

naryashadow

Quote from: Vekseid on April 13, 2011, 09:43:14 AM

I've had at least three of my friends accounts do that to me.  Something about an Iq test then says I'm going to go get a shower, let me know how you did! Annoying crap like that.

Lyseni

I get the same thing on AIM all the time. I don't recognize the screen name but it continuously IMs me about an IQ test or sends a fake link to photos of them. I would block it, but... I find amusement in sending it dirty messages.  ;D

Nessy

I've had this problem ever since i put contact info on E. You can usually tell when it's a bot though. Occasionally they get sneaky.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Vekseid on April 13, 2011, 09:43:14 AM

Yes, this happened to me with a person in E on YIM. Her YIM was jacked by bots. I had her reset her password and such and it hasn't happened since.

Brandon

Quote from: naryashadow on April 13, 2011, 11:29:23 AM
I've had at least three of my friends accounts do that to me.  Something about an Iq test then says I'm going to go get a shower, let me know how you did! Annoying crap like that.

I had that exact one come up a few weeks ago under Bishrooks name, I could tell it wasnt her just from the writing so I ignored it and sent her a message on here about it. It hasnt happend since I told her about it

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Oreo

I got one saying it is from a member here, but I sent a PM to verify the invitation. I won't add someone unless I get a confirmation outside the invitation.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin