The Fall of LV-6329: An Aliens Universe Survival Game

Started by Urbanzorro, April 07, 2011, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Urb, sweetie, you need to fix some typos in the squad lists - you've got '3rd' a few times where you mean '1st', plus Zillah wants to be flamergirlyui in 3rd squad.

Name: "Senjo" (Hitagi Senjogahara)
Age: 45 months (synthetic activated time) / 25 years (human physique)
Position in platoon/rank: Synthetic (Scout)
Personal history: Built MegaTech Synthetics 45 months ago as backup shell. Activated for USMC scientific, diagnostic and field support services 39 months ago and programmed with standard USMC combat, communications and tactical firmware and MegaTech BodyShell bioscience orientation and diagnostic software. Chassis is standard duralinium and carbon fibre monocoque subframe with military grade armour plating overlays and USMC approved MegaTech circulatory and sensory liquid-organics (colloquially known as 'white stuff' and crudely known on the mess deck as 'cum blood').
Assigned as squad synthetic to 1st Squad, Kilo Platoon, USMC 11 months ago and despatched aboard USS Mitchum to LV-1875 with 1st and 3rd Squads, Kilo Platoon 7 months ago to investigate loss of communications with colonists on mining outpost "Jackie's Hope" sixteen days previously. Result of operation: Classified. Current status of LV-1875: High radioactivity levels on surface; uninhabitable; access - Prohibited.
Chassis has received Modular Construct upgrade with SFR (Self Fix and Regulate) repair system.
Guerilla Warfare software programming install: Senjo is cleared for Platoon Scout operations.
Outer skin is Asiatic-Japanese Type IIIc TouchCoate biomanufactured from cloned tissue with experimental SoftZone(c) silicone-muscular-response coverings and internals.
Due to a personal quirk of her build team's lead programmer she has had English tonal voice drivers installed and speaks with a distinct middle-class British accent.
Hair colour: purple-black. Eye colour: Golden red. Height: 5' 10" Weight: 257 lbs (nominal operating mass)
SoftZone(c) response covering type A-VIIA-7c 'curvy'.

Platoon Status: Senjo was assigned to Kilo Platoon in Tac Training but remained aloof and alone, forming no friendships. She was able to form a brief close relationship with PFC Norton "Gizmo" Law before he became a casualty on LV-1875. Subsequent to the LV-1875 operation Senjo was withdrawn from operational status for reprogramming. She has been reassigned to Kilo again in the last 48 hours.

Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 13
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: N/A
Accuracy: 8
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 7
Defence: 4
Perception: 3
Stealth: 3
Luck: 4

Kit:
Synthetic Body: @ 5 points
Modular Construction Upgrade: @ 5 points
Guerilla Warfare Upgrade: @ 5 points (install comes with built-in XV-35 motion tracker)
Sentry Guns: @ 3 points
Custom installation of voice comms unit integral with the skull structure, and inbuilt head-cam via direct feed from eyes.
Primary Weapon: Paired installation of two UA-571C Sentry Guns (manually transported).
Secondary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle, no upgrades.

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 17 (aliens will ignore synthetics unless they attack)
Attack: 5
Ranged Attack: 3 (UA-571C) 3 (M41A)
Accuracy: 10 for UA-571C guns, 8 for M41A
Agility: 7 (modified to 5 when transporting UA-571C)
Defence: 7 (can self repair when out of combat up to 50% of starting health)
Perception: 9 (modified to 10 to calculate UA-571C gunfire)
Stealth: 7

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please let me know if anything about the "Jackie's Hope" mission needs editing there. Note I've listed Gizmo (Miles Trent's character) as a casualty since he hasn't yet shown an interest in playing this game. Is that okay? If he shows up and chooses to play Gizmo again, I'll edit.

What of the other characters who are not in this game? Would they be casualties or just reassigned elsewhere?

Athos

Image:

Name: Marcus Jones

Position in platoon/rank: Squad member, Private First Class

Personal history: Marcus grew up an orphan, living on the streets and never knowing his parents. He spent most of his early childhood stealing food and huddling in doorways for warmth. As he grew older, he developed a taste for violence. He enjoyed the power he felt by hurting others and fear in their eyes. He also enjoyed the respect it garnered him with the local criminals and it wasn’t long before he was doing work for the local crime families. Fearless to a fault, Marcus cared nothing for pain or for getting away before the police arrived. At seventeen, he was convicted of murder and sentenced to serve thirty years. Eight years into his sentence he became aware of a program for inmates. The Marine Corps was looking to augment its numbers by offering convicts a chance to serve out their sentences as part of the Marines rather than in prison. Willing to take any risk just to get out of prison, Marcus applied and was accepted. Marcus is a loose cannon with a hair trigger temperament. He doesn’t particularly respond well to authority, but he makes up for it by being tough as nails and utterly fearless in combat. Despite this, he has a tendency to show some compassion for the underdog.

Stats Before Equipment:

Health: 16
Attack: 4
Ranged Attack: 0
Accuracy: 4
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 4
Defense: 6
Luck: 6

Kit:

M12 Advanced Personal Armor: (2)
+ 1 Health +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.

M41A Pulse Rifle: (5)
+ 3 Ranged Attack

M111 Combat Helmet: (1)
+1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.

Side Mounted Camera: (1)
+1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

Underslung Grenade Launcher: (3)
+ 2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Side Mounted Flame Caster: (3)
+ 2  Attack, -1 Perception

Shoulder Born Flashlight: (1)
+2 Perception

Lucky Round: (1)
+2 Luck

Combat Stims: (3)
+1 Attack, +1 Agility, +1 Accuracy, +1 Health

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 18
Attack: 7
Ranged Attack: 5
Accuracy: 5
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 4 (6 when deciding the outcome of major events)
Defense: 10 (Defense stat is immune to acid attacks)
Stealth: 2
Luck: 8

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Kuroneko

Mmmmm, Statham ... I think I've died and gone to heaven  ;D
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Urbanzorro

@ Athos: Looks good ;D

@Everyone: Here's the squad charts with the split up of forces as it will be IC.

1st Squad(Required)
1st Squad Leader: NPC
1st Squad's Sergeant: Cmdr Renegade (O'Shay)
1st Squad Smart Gunner: Michael Corvus (Rome)
1st Squad Flamethrower Man:  Zillah
1st Squad Member: NPC
1st Squad Member Kevben Battleheart (character Name TBA)
1st Squad Member: NPC
1rdSquad Synthetic: Haibane (Senjo)

3rd Squad (Optional)
3rd Squad Leader: Aiden (Mengsk)
3rd Squad's Sergeant: Empty So far
3rd Squad Smart Gunner:Kuroneko (Riska Danko)
3rd Squad Flamethrower Man: Shihong(Benjamin Mathias )
3rd Squad Member: Athos (Marcus Jones)
3rd Squad Member: Ebb(Cooper)
3rd Squad Member: XenoLord (Arca )
3rd Squad Synthetic: Empty so far

With one exception, I'm trying to keep the new people in one squad and the ones from our previous game in another. That having been said our 'new' squad simply needs a synthetic and a Squad Leader to be ready to go. At which point the game will be able to start. Kevben, you had mentioned a desire to be a Sergaent. If you still have said desire it would help my plans for the story quite a bit for you to take up 3rd Squads empty Sergeant position, what do you say?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Crovonovin

If you didn't see it Urbanzorro, my character is at the bottom of the second page.  ;)

Kevben Battleheart

Yes I am indeed still interested  ;D (tis a bit giddy) I'll have a cs up for him here shortly.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Michael Corvus

Name: Roman "Rome" Beneke

Position/ Rank: Smartgunner / Lance Corporal

Personal History: 

Aside from informing everyone he meets that he earned his Class 2 civilian cargo handling license when he was 17 and that with just 2 more months of training he'll be officially qualified to operate the Caterpillar P-5000 Powered Work Loader, Rome doesn't talk about his past with anyone unless it's one of his infamous 'sexual conquests of Rome' stories. As far as anyone who doesn't have access to his personnel file knows, he has no family, no friends, and no life before the Corps.

Rome enlisted in the United States Colonial Marines at the age of 18 in an attempt to evade authorities after killing three men who made the unfortunate mistake of trying to separate Rome from his cash. He already had a few strikes on his record for aggravated assault and destruction of property but getting pinched for murder would result in either life in prison or execution, neither of which were options he was ready to accept. The Corps was the only logical conclusion he could come to.

He loved every second of basic training and excelled in specialized training, scoring top marks in unarmed combat and heavy weapons training. The Corps nurtured his rage and his primal instincts, molding him into a ruthless, fearless, efficient killing machine.

Nearly a year after enlisting in the Corps, Rome graduated from his MOS school as a smartgunner. His initial Permanent Duty Station (PDS) was to the 2nd Colonial Marine Brigade based at Titleman Station, L-1 Lucien-Avril system on Lacaille 8760 IV. Rome remained at this post for 2 1/2 years, earning promotions along the way.

As a fresh E-5 (Sergeant) of his own squad, Rome was expecting to finally get away from the bullshit guard duty and uneventful patrols. He wanted to see some action. However, when he realized it was just more of the same except with more responsibilities, he became increasingly restless and agitated. During training maneuvers, Rome compromised his leadership role by taking marines under his command off mission to an off-limits zone, scaring some of the local colonists and raising a little USCM hell in a local bar. He was charged with dereliction of duty, sentenced to 90 days in the brig and demoted to E-4 (Corporal.)

After he was released from the brig, he was reassigned to the 3rd Colonial Marine Division based at Kuat ASFB, Surier 430 in the Delta Pavonis IV system. He remained at this station for nearly a year. Once again, the lack of action, both militarily and personally, drove him to make some poor decisions. He was later accused of having sex with an 18 year old recruit who also happened to be the daughter of a Sgt. Maj. in his Regiment. Rome was charged with sodomy, conduct unbecoming, and unauthorized absence. He was busted to Pfc and sentenced 120 days in the brig. Upon his release he was reassigned to a front-line force, 5th Regiment, Charlie Company, Kilo Platoon, 1st Squad headquartered at Chinook 91 Geo-Synchronous Orbital (GSO) Station, Georgia 525 in the 70 Ophiuchi A V system. Since this last reassignment, he's been in the thick of one piece of action after another keeping him busy and out of trouble for the past 18 months. Shortly before departure on his current mission, Rome was promoted to Lance Corporal.

He is a loud mouthed, wide-eyed, and maniacal badass marine in combat. He follows orders without question or hesitation and he always gets the job done, regardless of the obstacles. His methods and behavior can be quite unorthodox most of the time, but he adapts and overcomes and he always gets the job done.

When the chips are on the table, Rome is all business but he takes every opportunity, even during a lull on hot missions, to stir things up a bit. His sarcastic sense of humor can often times creates tension among those unfamiliar with him, though among his squad mates his sarcasm is generally ignored, or they return his fire. Off duty, Rome is a prankster, always up to some sort of mischief. While he is fiercely loyal to his friends, with the exception of his fellow squad mates there are few he deems "friend." One of his mottoes is "The mission before the man," the other being "No one left behind.” On his last mission to LV-1875, people were left behind, which has had an effect Rome. He has a harder time controlling his rather more frequent outbursts of rage, and he has nightmares about fallen Kilo members who were left behind. Gizmo, Reaper, Widow; they were all dead, their bodies irretrievable. Rome had never left a man behind… until now.

Marine command ordered their silence on the events of LV-1875, but just to be safe have deployed Kilo to the far reaches of colonized space to ensure their secret remains intact.

Stats Before Equipment

Health: 14
Attack: 8
Accuracy: 3
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 4
Stealth: 5
Luck: 5

Primary Weapon:
M56 Smartgun - Effect:  +5 Ranged attack + 3 Accuracy, +1 Perception
    Cost:5
Continuous Cycling Barrel - Effect:  +1 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth
    Cost:1
Magnetic Velocity Enhancer - Effect: -2 to Enemy Defense stat
    Cost:3
Radioactive Ammo - Effect:  +3 Ranged Attack,  -1 Luck
    Cost:3

Armor:
M12 Pattern Advanced Personnel Armor - Effect:+ 1 Health +3 Defense,
-Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.
    Cost:2
Polymer Chest Plate - Effect: +2 Defense, -1 Agility
M111 Combat Helmet - Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence

Kit:
Rear View Mirror - Effect:  +1 Perception
E5 Targeting Lens - Effect:  +1 Accuracy, +1 Perception
    Cost:2
Side Mounted Helmet Camera - Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

Stats After Equipment

Health: 15
Attack: 8
Ranged Attack: 9 (-2 to Enemy Defense stat)
Accuracy: 7
Intelligence: 6 (+2 when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Defense: 10 (Defense stat is immune to acid attacks)
Perception: 8

Edit: Swapped out the motion tracker for the rear view mirror and adjusted the stats accordingly. Also reallocated stat points before equipment.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Michael Corvus

O8) I'm glad to bring him back, Urby. He's fun to play.
The Oath of The Drake

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 12:59:41 PM
Mmmmm, Statham ... I think I've died and gone to heaven  ;D

Hehe, it's what I do. :P

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Haibane

Yay! Rome is here. We're safe now.  ::)

I think he's the only character I've ever heard address an android as "Sweet cheeks".

Urbanzorro

Lol, true true. And we are actually quite close to having a good start up roster. We just need our last Sgt ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

He's in the process of being made as we speak my good sir  :D
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Haibane on April 09, 2011, 05:44:09 PM
Yay! Rome is here. We're safe now.  ::)

I think he's the only character I've ever heard address an android as "Sweet cheeks".

WELL... she does have a very nice ass! Whether or not she's real makes no nevermind to Rome. lol

Urban, if the other slots in 3rd Squad fill up and we have more people interested, would you be willing to fill the remainder of 1st squad with player character replacements? I have someone who may be interested but I don't know if they'd be up for playing an NCO or Synthetic.
The Oath of The Drake

Urbanzorro

Sure, I'm willing to ;D I honestly hadn't expected to get many more people but if some are interested feel free to tell um to come on down!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

Image: Refrence Image

Name: Arillo Amandil

Position in Platoon/Rank: Sergeant

Personal History: In Arillo's family, being in the armed service has been a tradition of sorts. His great-great grandfather was part of the Irish Army and his squad called themselves the Wild Geese and his father had been part of the US Army, so naturally Arillo would follow in the footsteps of the men of his family and so he decided to join the Marines. Being the cocky person that he was, Arillo thought that the Marines couldn't be any harder than what his father had been putting him through as he grew up, but quickly realized after basic began that what he had gone through before was a cakewalk compared to this, but preserver he did just as his father trained him. Soon, after all the weeks of intense and mind numbing training, he was one of the few who could proudly call himself a Marine. From then on he had been deployed on various missions, surgical strikes in hostile territory, taking down key enemies in terrorist groups and others that were classified. It was during one of the missions of removing a terrorist leader that Arillo lost his left eye. Something  had glanced across his eye but it was enough to cause him to permanently lose it, but that didn't deter him as he simply wore an eye patch and despite the missing eye, his aim never faltered and his attitude never changed, if only slightly.

Stats before equipment:

Health: 11
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: 0
Defense: 5
Perception: 4
Stealth: 5

Kit:

• M41A Pulse Rifle (5)
    Effect: +3 ranged attack
  • Under-slung Grenade Launcher (3)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack, -1 stealth
  • M38 HEAP Rounds (2)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack
  • 357 Magnum Revovler (3)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack, +2 attack
  • M12 Pattern Personnel Armor (2)
    Effect: +1 health, +3 defense
  • M111 Combat Helmet (1)
    Effect: +1 defense, +1 intelligence when major outcome being decided
  • Advanced Communication Gear (4)

Stats after equipment:

Health: 12
Attack: 5
Ranged attack: 9
Intelligence: 7 (8 when major outcome being decided)
Defense: 9
Perception: 4
Stealth: 4

And here is your second Sergeant, up and running except for his history. That will be following here shortly.

Urbanzorro

Kk, do you have a picture of him? But his stats look good. AND SO I shall begin working on the game's opening ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

You mean you can't see the image that I have for him? (insert choice curse here) alright, will fix that.

Edit: Ok, how about now? Does the link work?

Urbanzorro

Link works, image is good, character approved :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

The link is broken here :(

http://www.anime-online.tv/upload/pjs/c712d7568b6476b5b610466d60b17fb5.jpg

Nothing at that address at all.

Kevben Battleheart

BAH! Alright, another image then.

Edit: alright Hai, how does it work now? I can get it to work.

Kuroneko

The link always worked for me, and I could see the image when you imbedded it in your post as well.  Freaky internet and its glass candy.

Quote from: Athos on April 09, 2011, 04:41:15 PM
Hehe, it's what I do. :P

Yeaaaah, and he's gonna be distracting  :P
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 09:02:30 PM
The link always worked for me, and I could see the image when you imbedded it in your post as well.  Freaky internet and its glass candy.

Yeah, the internet and its shiny candy always screw up with me on occasion.