You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 04, 2016, 12:12:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)  (Read 17503 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »
ELSEWHERE 19:30 Hours.

"So it's decided. We're going to enter battle and risk exposure," said Representative Omada.
"I do not believe this is the right decision, but the council has spoken," replied Representative Saizuki.
"While I believe the risk is great, the risk is greater if we do nothing," returned Representative Cooper.
"The time for deliberations is over.  We need to act quickly, multiple forces are converging on the colony even now. Release the Personas. This sort of operation is their specialty," concluded Representative Mason.

The release of the Personas into the fray aboard Einstein Colony would one day be marked as a major turning point for the Forgotten. It would go down as one of the biggest events in colonial history. Today however, it meant that another yet unknown force had entered the fray aboard Einstein Station.
------------------------------------------
(GM: Helios did sustain some HP damage when he got hit.  With an epic fail like that, and a direct hit from a mech, he should be dead.  I'm being merciful by deciding that his armor saved him.  Another good solid hit (i.e the defense roll is at least 5 lower than the attack roll) will mean he's dead. As it is, he'll need medical attention by the end of this battle.)

Helios was able to gain significant headway into the system of his opponents mech. He was able to quickly determine that while impossible to trigger the self destruct program of the mech with his current equipment, he could attempt to forcefully eject the pilot, but the opponents system would resist the attempt. For his part, the pilot commented, "I am impressed. A lesser man would have died from an attack like that.  Care to tell me your name?" Meanwhile, he readied himself for another attack, not noticing the hacking attempt.
------------------------------

Meanwhile, Captain Renault's mech, Golden Cavalier, was passing dangerously close to sector nine. Most of his men had avoided the area, being a security sector it was likely to be heavily guarded.  Renault however was on the trail of Taichu's last known coordinates.  His mech's IC had suddenly dissapeared in the nearby residential district, and he intended to put a stop to his rampage once and for all. His mech was equipped with a command suite, meaning it had beefed up sensors and communication gear, with limited ECM capabilities. It also had a custom gold paint job, with black stripes curving down from the waist alongside the legs, and an X in the center of the torso.  The head of the unit was ensconced in a cavalry helmet.  Mounted on the right arm was a heavy machine gun. In truth it was more similar to a minigun, but it was made smaller to encumber the mech less and functioned like a machine gun.  On the left arm, right behind the wrist was a rectangular device with two prongs sticking out of it pointing perpendicular to one another.  The device itself was hardwired into the arm, and the wiring connected directly to the mechs power source. Whatever it was, it required a sizable amount of power to operate. The Golden Cavalier hovered in the air at roughly 30 feet above ground, surveying the area.
(GM: Cmpuncle, roll to see if Renault picks up on Sarge booting up. Flare can detect him scanning the area))

Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Renault detecting boot up.
Result: 16,
Total: 16
-----------------------------
"I'm glad to hear you'll help," replied Cali.  "Hang on, I'm getting a message here..."
According to the pip girl, Razzly was entering firing range of the enemy mech. However, a red tick mark had appeared on her radar coming from the south east and above.  One of the Einherjar had spotted her mech and was homing in on her.  It was a melee type, carrying a hefty shield and a lance. It was reasonably armored, though it had sustained some damage to its thrusters, so it was only flying at about 40% top speed. Enough time to get a shot or two in before it could close to attack range.  On the other hand, the other mech was attacking an unarmed soldier. If she saved him, she would be at a disadvantage against the close ranged enemy. On the other hand, if she fought the new opponent, she might not have to worry about it, but would the soldier be able to hold out long enough?
"Looks like you'll be getting some backup soon. A group of assorted mechs have arrived to help defend the station. I can't reveal who they are, but I can assure you they're friends," Cali said to both Helios and Razzly.


Offline DigitLninja

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 05:29:43 AM »
Roll Result: Black Knight rolled: 1d20
Comment: Attempting to launch enemy Emergency Escape Pod +3 Computer Scanning +2 Mechanical Genius +3 Disable Device
Result: 2,
Total: 10

"Hah, now that I'm moments from death you want to know my name, I bet you will regret it once you find out who I am. See I have a reputation for death and explosions that's so extensive that once people hear who I am they tend to lose there nerve and turn tail." He rose to his feet slowly really milking the drama and turned to face him like a man. The confidence he was giving off was that of a demon, someone who has bested an enemy like this more times than he could count.

"However since you have left me within an inch of my life you should know that the Black Knight doesn't take kindly to people who attack neutral party stations for unseen reasons."

Roll Result: Black Knight rolled: 1d20
Comment: Fear from reputation +3 Wanted
Result: 17,
Total: 20

"I suggest you prepare yourself for the heat, because hell doesn't get rain."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:41:24 AM by DigitLninja »

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
(OOC: I okayed this with Saikotsu, the signal booster didn't work so I can't access the dice bot, so I rolled one of my d20's)
cmpuncle rolled for Tanr: requested scan check
roll result: 9

Just as Sarge finished starting up Flare spoke up, "Looks like we've been actively scanned."

Damn Sarge was just starting up, he needed a little time to get used to the new mech before he would be at full fighting capacity.  This was not what he needed right now.

"Sarge open a general broadcast channel, " after a few seconds his HUD notified him the channel was ready, "This is Tanr Wyrddemon, with the station special forces, I have currently powered up my mech for the first time and am still in need of some minimal practice time before entering battle.  I have been discovered by a mech of unknown origins and am requesting cover, if possible, for a few minutes.  If there are any friendlies in the immediate area please respond immediately."

Offline Undercov3rL0ver

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 10:36:45 AM »
Razzly wanted to help the trooper out first and foremost, but if the melee mech were to attack her, she'd be in trouble.  In order to help the soldier, she'd have to take care of herself first.  She maneuvered her mech so that it would be constantly moving away from her pursuer, while staying within a tight radius of the other mech.  Hopefully that would buy her some time.  Fortunately, the Ice Princess had a gyroscopic stabilizer, making it easier for her to make the shot while moving. She carefully took aim at the Einherjar, and fired.

Roll Result: Undercov3rL0ver rolled: 1d20, adding 5to the total
Comment: Sniper Attack. +2 for targetting bonus + 3 for pip-girl machine interface Vats
Result: 6,
Total: 11

So absorbed was she in attacking, she nearly missed Cali's announcement about reinforcements.  "I hope I didn't just shoot at one!"

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »
Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Ejector seat defense
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Fear defense
Result: 2,
Total: 2
Unbeknownst to the pilot, his mech began preparations to launch him far away from the battlefield.  "The Black Knight!?  No wonder you decided to fight my mech without hesitation. I merely believed you to be a courageous soldier, not an avatar of death itself! In light of this, I know I should endeavor to kill you right now, before you can get into the cockpit of a mech, but honor will not allow it. I admit, I too do not approve of my orders, even though the mission was to secure the station with as little damage to life or property as possible. Alas, not all of my fellow soldiers know the meaning of restraint. It is because of this disgrace, that I hereby swear upon the name of Fernando Corazon, that I shall retreat for now, so that I may face you in one-on-one mech combat to atone for it at a later date."
He made to leave, but the timer ran out and he was sent flying off into the distance.  It was only then that he realized he was shaking in abject terror. 
-------------------------
Meanwhile Renault received a message from the female agent in the comm center.  "Sir, it would appear a rather large mech has begun activating in your area.  He's requested backup while the mech goes through "practice maneuvers".  We can't discount the possibility that he's aware of our control of the comm network, so he might be disseminating false information. Furthermore, he's aware of your presence. Be advised."
"Thank you Tatiana. I'll be careful."
The Golden Chevalier blazed over the streets towards the security dome.  The EMP had done its job well, and Tatiana's interference had confined most of the soldiers.  That meant that any sizable threats had to be dealt with before they could jeopardize the mission.  The mech burst into the hangar arm-mounted gun at the ready.  "I'd advise you to stand down, before this gets ugly."  His confidence wavered as he took in what he faced. While not an easy mech to down by any means, the Golden Chevalier was now face to face with a very tough looking opponent.  If the Station's defense force had a mech like this at their disposal, how could they have fallen so easily? Apparently, there was some gross incompetence on the part of the stations defense force. 
---------------------------------

Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Ragnaro defense
Result: 11,
Total: 11
The enemy pilot facing Razzly was scarcely able to block the shot with his shield. He was still out of range to strike back, and the distance was slowly shortening.

(GM: This is what happens when I don't use my GM dice... also, note that had Fernando initiated the sequence, it would have been instantaneous. The delay was due to the hacking attempt.)
------------------------------
Meanwhile, Ciel had reached the bottom of the ladder. The facility she entered was obviously a part of the stations substructure as naked catwalks and exposed wiring evidenced.  Steam was being emitted by some of the more damaged pipes, leaving the room she found herself in quite hot and humid. Had she not been so numb, she might have wondered how such a facility could stay a secret from her all these years. But she was numb, so she didn't wonder. The facility seemed to be in disrepair, a testament to how long ago it had been used, and parts of the catwalks had corroded because of the excess moisture.  Every once in a while, the facility shook, rocked by some distant explosion or some other tell-tale sign of battle.  By now, she had traversed most of the catwalks to an area that looked mostly intact. She had found her way to a large pod about the size of a tall humanoid, enclosed in 2 semi-circles by computer equipment and devices whose purpose she could only guess at.  The lighting in this enclosure was green, and the equipment showed a mech with various stats on screen. She couldn't understand what half of it meant, but it appeared that her inheritance had been her mothers old mech.  Off to the side, an old jumpsuit sat waiting, as if anticipating her arrival. In the central console, a large green button was flashing. She would later reflect on how she had pushed the button recklessly, not even knowing what it would do. In the moment however, she had only one thought on her mind.  Her eyes flashed with an intensity that said it all, "I'm going to use this mech to make those bastards pay!" She barely felt her hand smash the button.

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »
Suddenly the Golden Chevalier burst through the roof of the the secure hangar, startling Tanr at first, just as it would any cat, but he quickly regained his composure as the pilot of the enemy mech advised him to stand down.  He obviously didn't know Tanr very well, although there was no real reason he should know him.  "You obviously have no idea who I am, nor would I expect you to, but I don't stand down when confronted with dirtbags who attack a neutral station."

"Don't worry Tanr me and Sarge will give our all to help you kick this guys butt."  And affirming Flares statement Sarge's HUD flashed what appeared to be a hand in the thumbs up position.

"Thanks guys."

"Now I would suggest we try out the system Commander Bob just finished up before he shipped us off for this station,"  with Sarge and Flares help the mech moved surprisingly well, quickly taking up a firing stance as if for a bazooka, suddenly a large energy cannon seemingly appeared out of nowhere.  Catching on quickly Tanr readied it's aim and pulled the trigger.

Roll Result: Tanr rolled: 1d20
Comment: firing at the Golden Chevalier
Result: 11,
Total: 11


Offline DigitLninja

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
Helios chuckled a bit then stopped as it really hurt to do that, he pulled from the cargo pockets of his suit the E-Packs he had used for his last character. As his legs gave out and he hit the floor he opened his suit and rubbed the gel on any bruised and open wounds.

As the gel began to take effect he downed the last of it like a shot glass to take care of any internal wounds and just took some deep breaths as the cells in his body were repaired.

Within four minutes he stood up again and put the top of his suit back on before doing a few test punches and kicks, followed by an all out sprint for the military bay.

"Alright, mysterious lady, I have taken care of the issue and I am on my way to the military docks, if you could take care of the clamps on my Mech I'll have less to do before I start kicking ass."

"Master, you where about one punch away from death, are you sure you should be boasting?"

"Shut up, Ty."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:38:56 PM by DigitLninja »

Offline Undercov3rL0ver

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2011, 03:49:19 PM »
Razzly took note of the escape pod as it left the mech she had originally come to defeat.  While a little surprised, she had bigger things to worry about.  If the melee type got too much closer, she'd be in some serious trouble.  Perhaps the other mech had a melee weapon she could commandeer.  Keeping an eye on the radar, she began to maneuver the Ice Princess over to the abandoned shell while taking aim at the attacker once more.  She initiated vats, this time targeting the mechs thrusters.  If it couldn't fly, it would not be as much of a problem. A short breathe, a click of the trigger, and another shot fired off another at the enemy mech.

Roll Result: Undercov3rL0ver rolled: 1d20, adding 4to the total
Comment: +2 for interface -1 for called shot and +2 for sniper
Result: 9,
Total: 13

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »
The Golden Chevalier nearly took the hit from the attack, but Renault dodged with practiced efficiency. "You've got some power in that mech, but do you have the skill to fully utilize that power," Renault questioned as he opened fire.

Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Renault Attack
Result: 13,
Total: 13
"I don't expect you to understand, but we're not attacking this station unprovoked, nor do we intend to negatively impact the lives of those living here more than is necessary."

--------------------------------
Cali smiled, "you live up to your reputation, Black Knight.  I'm already working on the clamps, but I must once again urge you to hurry.  The soldiers stationed in the hangar are holding the line, but barely. The sniper I sent to help you is fighting off a mech from a secondary enemy force. It would appear that Ragnarok was hired to attack us, possibly as backup for the confederacy. Because of this dire threat, I'm throwing in a bonus for you. I've ordered one of my men to deliver a weapon to you, should you get your mech. I believe you'll find it unorthodox, but quite useful..."
------------------------------
The Ragnaro pilot was getting annoyed. The sniper was fighting as expected, which meant that he was at a disadvantage.  She took another shot at him and he was unable to dodge in time. The shot killed his thrusters. Unable to fly anymore, he was forced to make a hard landing. Unfortunately, his skill wasn't enough to save his mech from the crash, and it plowed into the streets below. 
(gm:he failed both rolls.)

Offline DigitLninja

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2011, 07:48:21 PM »
Helios realized that he might be running directly into a firefight between Ragnarok and the military, so he might want to take an alternative route.

"Ty, you should know what I'm going to ask you."

"Turn left at the next intersection and you should find an emergency exit to the hangar bay that I am opening as we speak, it will look like the wall in the center of the hall way on your right has opened up."

The solder turned at the next left as he was told and observed as the wall slid away for him, the tunnel was full of pipes and a red glow as it had emergency lighting, but the door closed behind him as a precaution.

"Alright Ty, I'll assume it's just a straight shot into the hangar bay at this point since the military is smart enough to keep very few turns in an emergency exit."

"You would be correct Master, I am opening the other door now."

Helios spotted the light at the end of the tunnel and he burst from the opening in the wall into the hangar, most of the men were firing through the main door against Ragnarok and those who weren't didn't really care about a man dressed in a pilot's outfit, it actually made sense for him to be here.

They needed back up so the idea of stopping him from an attempt to start the Mech wasn't even considered, Helios didn't stop till he was sitting in the pilot's chair.

"We are at ninety percent and rising, as soon as you confirm with the 'inside man' about the new weapon we can head out."

"Right, thanks Ty. Open a com-line to the person in question."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:09:43 PM by DigitLninja »

Offline Undercov3rL0ver

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
Razzly gave a moment of silence for the downed pilot. She wasn't happy about the results, but this was war, or at least battle.  People were going to die, and if she didn't do something, even more people could die.  It was the better of two evils.  "Cali. The pilot managed to rescue himself. I'm be on my way as soon as I collect the weapons from the enemy mech." With a bit of concentration, she opened a pocket dimension and tossed the sword inside. She would have liked to fit the gun in as well, but there simply was not enough room yet.

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
"This isn't unprovoked?  It's a neutral station you idiot, there are interspacial laws that prohibit operations of this kind within neutral territories, and you say you have provocation...."

Roll Result: cmpuncle rolled: 1d20
Comment: attempting to put up forcefield
Result: 1,
Total: 1

(OOC: wow epic fail on the forcefield)

Roll Result: cmpuncle rolled: 1d20
Comment: dodging attack from Renault
Result: 10,
Total: 10

(OOC: nuts I can't catch a break lately)

Tanr attempted to dodge the attack while putting up Sarge's forcefield, however the forcefield malfunctioned causing Sarge's movements to temporarily slow down.  Thus Sarge took the hit froim Renault's shot.  "Damn well that could have gone better"

"I feel I must tell you that not all of Sarge's systems are fully operational just yet, so they may work or they may not."

"Well that's good to know, any other suggestions?"

"Well you could always go close quarters using me, I am happy to report that I am fully operational."

"Now that's the kind of news I like to hear."

With that he fired Sarge's thrusters while igniting the Flare Spear in Sarge's right hand, heading in to slicethrough the Golden Chevaliers legs.

Roll Result: cmpuncle rolled: 1d20
Comment: attacking Golden Chevaliers legs
Result: 4,
Total: 4

(OOC: are you kidding me....sheesh)

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »
The comm channel opened up to reveal a rather well built man in a grey uniform, reminiscent of the security uniforms worn by station security a few decades ago. "You must be the pilot I was informed of.  We don't have a lot of time, so I'll cut this short.  Go to the blip on your radar.  You'll find a blue energy fluctuation there. Contact me when you arrive." The channel abruptly closed.
--------------------
"acknowledged.  Please hurry. Several Einherjar seem to be on their way here. You should arrive before they do, but I'd rather not take any chances," Cali replied. As her transmission ended, the Ice Princess began picking up distress signals from the various forces in the station.  From a security mech, "oh god! They're too fast, I can't....." the transmission ended.  From a rebel mech, "what the heck is that?  a black angel?!  Oh shit!  BACK UP. WE NEED BACK....."
From one of the Ragnarok mechs, "Commander Delta, unknown force is engaging us.  Be advised." The reply was near instantaneous, "I've encountered a few of them.  They seem to be nothing more than a rag-tag militia, they shall not impede our progress. Their presence here is nothing more than unfortunate.  Purge them with the rest."

---------------------
Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d6
Comment: Renault attack following auto-fire rules
Result: 3,
Total: 3

Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Renault defense
Result: 11,
Total: 11


Though the attack managed to connect, Sarge's armor absorbed the impact, reducing the damage to next to nothing.  In order to deal any significant damage to Sarge, more of the shots would have to connect.  As Sarge charged forth to attack with Flare, Golden Chevalier activated the arm mounted device, forming a blade made of crackling energy and blocked the attack.  He then pressed the attack and tried to surge forward with the blade raised for a lancing attack.
It was obvious that the weapon he was using was designed for an Armored Core, but had been adapted to the Chevalier.

"You're perfectly right about that. Such an operation is highly illegal, and we will pay the price for it.  Believe me, I would rather it not have come to this, but the activities planet-side can not be allowed to continue, and like it or not, the people of this station were in danger of getting involved either way. That's why we're doing everything in our power to reduce the bloodshed here on the station. The people living here have no idea what's going on, and just want to be left alone. They are not the ones we are here to fight!"

Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d20
Comment: Counter attack. Armor piercing.
Result: 14,
Total: 14
---------------------------------
At first, the pod did nothing. A soft pop was all that acknowledged something had happened. A moment later, the pod began to dissolve, leaving a humanoid mech curled up in fetal position on the ground, as if it had hatched.  Attached to the back were 7 slender blades.  Each blade had a symbol of the Zodiac engraved on it. The symbols from left to right were: Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, an unknown symbol, Sagitarius, Capricorn, and Aquarius.  The mech itself looked vaguely female, with what appeared to be the control section in the torso.  Unsure of how to get inside, Ciel touched the control section and the outer shell dissolved, granting her access to the spherical interior. Once she had managed to clamber inside, the shell closed around her, and the interior became transparent so she could see outside.  "Great.  Where the heck is the control system," she muttered as she tried in vain to find the control yolk.

Offline DigitLninja

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2011, 11:42:28 PM »
"Great, short and sweet and uninformative. Ty, I want to be jacked into every screen on this station, it's time the Black Knight reclaim his title and scare the shit out of his enemy."

"Understood Master, is this the only hacking you wish to do or should we destroy some valuable information?"

"No, the station is under our protection, I just want the enemy to know that as well, besides I wont be activating this till we receive the upgrade."

"Understood, we are now at green and may proceed into the intended location."

The Demon's Cascade sprung to life as the eyes began to glow a green color and the clamps released it, the Mech extended a leg and stepped forward into the station then began to hover as he made his way to the target location.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:32:30 AM by DigitLninja »

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »
(ooc: damn it, i don't want any more bad rolls!)
Roll Result: cmpuncle rolled: 1d20
Comment: defense roll
Result: 3,
Total: 3

Renault's attack pierced Sarge's armor, but as Renault withdrew his lance after the attack he could see the wound start to close up by itself.

"Don't worry Tanr, Sarge here is equipped with what Commander Bob likes to call LG Cells, I'll give you the background later, but suffice to say, the mech can heal itself."

Tanr was shocked, he had never heard of such a thing.  This mech was truly top notch, at least in terms of concept.  He quickly got over his shock though and focused once more on the fight at hand.

"If the people living on this station just want to be left alone, and are not your true targets, then why attack?  Your logic makes no sense.  All you've likely done is made it so the people here now want to get involved if only to get back at you for destroying their peaceful lives."

In the meantime Sarge moved to a guard stance in order to better anticipate any future attacks from it's attacker.

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
Roll Result: Saiko rolled: 1d8, adding 3to the total
Comment: Damage + 8 - 5 for regen (+ 3 damage)
Result: 7,
Total: 10

Renault backed away, and disengaged his sword weapon. To leave it on for extended periods would utterly drain the mechs energy.  "Listen.  We need a staging area to mount an attack on the planet below.  At this very moment, the UPF is unearthing an ancient device created by a super-ancient alien race. This device holds unimaginable power, and it must not be allowed to fall into the wrong hands.  We have to destroy it. In order to do that, we need to commandeer this colony. The ends don't normally justify the means, but in this case they do. We're trying to make this as easy on the populace as we can. We sealed most of the soldiers in their barracks, and we used an emp to deactivate their mechs, so that we could take over the place with as little bloodshed as possible. Anyone who attacked the civilian populace was quickly dealt with and reigned in. Now that you know the situation, what will you do? Will you insist on fighting? Or will you back down? The balls in your court, soldier."
-----------------------------------
"That's standard procedure Black Knight. He's essentially doing a dead drop for you," stated Cali.  Meanwhile, she made it easier for Ty to "jack" into the screens. She even made a private comment to him, "ooh, it feels sooo good just letting you in," she said in a flirty voice. "All innuendo aside, you still haven't answered my question Ty," she continued  with a more professional tone.

Offline DigitLninja

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
"Please repeat the question mysterious female voice who I now suspect to be an AI..." Ty asked gently and pretended not to enjoy the innuendo.

Within Helios' head he realized that as long as the military didn't know who was in the mech he could support them against the Ragnarok but as soon as his image was spread out on the screens they would most likely change targets despite his loyalty... he would have to be careful with how he played this trump card.

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2011, 10:57:09 PM »
"Flare did you record that?"

"Yep I'm way ahead of you Tanr, I'll run it through my voice analyzer to see if he's telling the truth, lying or telling the truth as he knows it.  Anything else you'd like me to do with the recording?"

"Yeah can we get a second opinion from a friendly within the station?  Without this guy detecting the transmission?"

"I don't know I can try.  But I don't know what kind of systems he's got in that mech."

"Ok I'll distract him in the meantime."  Turning his comm back on, "give me a moment to think about it, that's not exactly what I was expecting to hear."

Roll Result: cmpuncle rolled: 1d20
Comment: stealth transmission/second opinion request roll
Result: 1,
Total: 1

(OOC: omg epic stealth transmission fail!!)

Offline Undercov3rL0ver

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »
As more and more transmissions ran through her cockpit, a growing sense of dread filled her.  So this was battle.  It was just as ugly as she had imagined it.  "I can't....I can't....but I've got to...."  The Ice Princess had arrived at the building. "Okay Cali, what now?"

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
"Good guess Ty, though not quite. I'm similar enough to an artificial intelligence that the term is apt enough, but I am actually the consciousness of an individual that was uploaded into a mainframe.  My designation is Computer Augmented Living Intelligence, or Cali for short. As for my question, I asked what you and your pilot plan on doing after all of this is over. "
--------------------------
Renault kept his weapons ready, but made no move to interfere.  "Sir, the pilot is trying to make a covert transmission." "Acknowledged." He changed the channel to speak with Tanr, "Take all the time you need, but I hope you realize that we control all the communications aboard this station at the moment.

(GM: he is telling the truth. He already said that the people aboard the station wouldn't know what's going on planetside, so even if you did get in contact with someone, they wouldn't be able to verify.
------------------------------
"I'm beginning the transfer sequence now.  Stay alert, the enemy is really close now.  There are three potential sniper points within transfer range. I've marked them on your map.  Location A is up on a building. You have the high ground, but little cover. Location B is lower amidst a grove of trees. You'd have reduced visibility, but excellent cover. Location C is on a shielded balcony that has moderate visibility and cover. Keep in mind, the building is painted white, which works well with your camouflage.
----------------------------------
Ciel was confused by the mech's design. It had no control system that she could see, yet it seemed functional according to the computer equipment off to the side.  Suddenly, a giant crash resounded through the facility. Outside light framed the shape of an enemy mech scanning the area.  Upon seeing her mech, it began to approach and unsheathed a katana. In the left arm, the mech raised a shield to guard against any attacks.  I need to figure out how to activate this mech quickly, or else I'm done for!

Offline DigitLninja

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
"In all honesty, Cali... we will most likely return to bounty hunting and causing trouble for both military factions as we had before, only now with far more tricks and firepower within our hands. Why? are you considering joining us, because I may be able to upload you into the Demon's Cascade, though we will have to be really close to each other.... hint hint."

Helios was literally mowing down Ragnarok ground forces as he leaped over the military troops who cheered his arrival and simply fired his thrusters as he passed over the enemy leaving many on fire and giving the military time to make a few skillful shots. Helios turned a corner and the entire mech spun like a dancer as he slowed and began to walk the Demon's Cascade into the location his systems were informing him of.

"Honey, I'm home!" Helios called out over the speakers.

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2011, 11:15:15 PM »
"My analysis shows that he is telling the truth, however I agree with you in that I highly disaprove of them attacking this station to accomplish their ends."

Damn he completely disliked this situation, on the one hand this guy and his group truly intended not to harm the people of the station, and thus per the guidelines of neutrality on which this station ran he was supposed to allow them to continue what they were doing unimpeded.  But on the other hand it made his blood boil that these guys were using the station for their own ends.

"You're lucky that I'm bound by the laws of neutrality or I would continue doing everything in my power to stop you, not to mention other reasons of which I'm not allowed to speak.  I will stand down only so long as no one on this station gets hurt, however should anyone not involved be hurt in any way my deal is off, agreed?"

Offline Undercov3rL0ver

Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2011, 11:25:51 PM »
Razzly considered her options carefully before deciding on the grove of trees. Snipers were at their best when they had ample coverage and good visibility and it seemed like it had the best balance.  The difference between victory and defeat often boiled down to such choices, and she desperately hoped she picked the right one. To increase her odds, she took a moment to reload and adjust the sights on the sniper rifle, while depositing the sword from her pocket dimension nearby for ready access.  'I'm in position Cali.  Is it possible for you be my spotter?" 

Offline SaikotsuTopic starter

  • UnderCov3rL0ver's knight in rusty armor
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: elsewhere
  • Gender: Male
  • Cherish the tomorrow that you create today!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2011, 12:06:22 AM »
"good, you're at the spot."  The blue energy distortion suddenly gained focus. An image of some faraway place replaced the swirling blue. Standing in the center of the scene was a standard mech with a gray paint job. The mech spoke through its exterior into the portal.  "Alright, you're almost here. This weapon I've been tasked with delivering to you is used to create inter-dimensional doors, portals if you will. With it, you can easily move around the battlefield undetected. Step on through when you're ready to claim it."

Meanwhile Cali replied to Ty with a wink and a smile, "as tempting as that offer is, I'm afraid the processors on the Demons Cascade simply could not handle the both of us together. With any luck though, we'll be able to meet up again soon. I'm going to be off the grid shortly, but I'll be in touch. Later, handsome."

--------------------------
"Agreed. If you find any of my men attacking civilians, you have my full authorization to stop them by any means necessary. I've been working on the same task myself."

Without warning, a large metallic object plowed through the ceiling of the hangar and came to rest in a small crater it created on impact. Though hardly recognizable, it had at one time been a gundam with gray coloration. It was obvious from the damage that the mech was thoroughly destroyed. From the hole in the ceiling, another mech slowly floated down.  "I am commander Delta of Ragnarok and I am here to purge this station. You two look like worthy opponents so prepare yourselves!"

(GM: Eidolon is a mech designed for ranged combat. In its hands it wields twin lances, each of which is made from a mysterious ore that glows blue.  The main threat comes from its wings,  which are composed of two shoulder mounted, flip-up energy cannons that frame four smaller detachable aerial drone energy cannons. The paint job is almost solid black, with dark blue lines adding patterns reminiscent of tribal tattoos. )
--------------------------------------
"Performing as your spotter would be difficult during the download, but if I'm not mistaken, your mech has stealthed scout drones no? Why not use them. Crap, they're here!"
At that moment, two einherjar enter the ice princess' field of vision. The third is out of sight, but most likely close.  Unlike most Einherjar, the two Razzly could see were wielding gun weapons. As they enter the clearing, they open fire on the building housing Cali's mainframe. 
----------------------------
The katana wielding mech stopped right in front of Ciel's new mech.  He had explicit orders to eliminate all inhabitants of the station, and his sensors detected someone inside. He raised his sword to finish off the odd mech and plunged it downward.

Offline cmpuncle

  • Wacky as a flower in December! Wait what?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2009
  • Location: The deep dark of my own mind.
  • Gender: Male
  • Let it go, let your clarity define you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2011, 12:30:18 AM »
Son of a bitch!  As if I need more of a headache.

"Well if this is one of your guys, I expect you to live up to what you've said."

"Flare get me any readings you can on this guy, preferably any points that might cause more damage than normal.  Sarge let's move to engage the enemy and distract him until Flare has the readings."

His HUD flashed a quick thumbs up and he immediately ignited his boosters skimming to the left and towards the enemy while igniting the Dragon Claws for the attack.

Roll Result: cmpuncle rolled: 1d20
Comment: Dragon Claw attack
Result: 5,
Total: 5