News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Lonely Life of a Hotel Desk

Started by BlackSwan317, March 23, 2011, 01:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSwan317

Omg she loves it. Lol. It's got huge inflatable sides to it, so I bought it under the thought of "it's safer than her jumping on the couch, which she does every time my back is turned. And it seems to have wore her out. She definitely crawled out of it about 10 minutes ago curled up on my lap with her blanket. By the time I got her into her pj's and laid her down her eyes were barely open. Sleepy babe :-) I think I may grow to love this thing.

gaggedLouise

I used to do do college radio, and one summer night at an end-of-term party the head of the station was given just that: an inflatable trampoline, with pumpable "fences" on the sides, just like the one your friend got. He loved it, and as far as I know it's still with him. ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

BlackSwan317

Aww that's awesome :-p

Shey is actually my daughter, but I guess that makes her my friend too :-p

Ho hum. Another night at work.

Hy3na

If it makes the kid sleep faster and it isn't a teaspoon of nyquil, then I'm not about to doubt the magic of the inflatable trampoline.

BlackSwan317

*nods* Indeed

Yay! Training a new girl tonight that's NOT MAKING ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF! WOOOOOT! And she's actually decent to talk to!

Hy3na

Oh thank GOD! I was honestly worried that you wouldn't find someone else willing to work third shift that wasn't out of their mind. I mean... if the folk like us, who usually work thirds, is any indication... additionally the variety that I work with personally... >>

BlackSwan317

You and me both! I think this shift makes you crazier if you aren't already comfortable in your questionable sanity

Hy3na

Well, now I know that I CAN work third shift. But I also know that I can't work at Walmart.

BlackSwan317

I used to love working third shift till the little one came, and I'm sure I can be fine with it again once she's in day care so I can actually get consistent sleep during the day without having to rely on the x husband for it. No one should have to work at walmart. *shutters*

Hy3na

Unfortunately, I had to. But then I realized that I had to quit because that strain of flu hit me harder than anyone. Hallucinations and muscle spasms are usually a sign of a VERY weak immune system. And  that would have been fixed if they would CHANGE THE GODDAMN FILTER.

-twitch-

Hy3na

I can to this conclusion today:

Tall man with a hooked nose and horrible posture?

Tattoo on his left arm indicating membership of a group of hoodlums?

Feisty little red-head with a tendency to look past appearances and stick up for the little guy?

If I draw these two as canon... I could easily be mistaken for Snape/Lily fanfiction.

BlackSwan317

Hy3na

Lily Evans. Harry Potter's dead mom. Vella is obsessed with the series. ^^;;

BlackSwan317

Ahhh! Right! Gotcha ^_^

Haha that is rather funny honestly

Oniya

Depends - it could be read as Snape/Hermione if there's any sort of age difference (and I've seen such fanfiction running around).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hy3na

If we're looking past the fact that Lixi is immortal and Martin is in his late 20's... I wouldn't really say there's much of an age difference.

Also, Snape/Hermione can be very well written. But like everything in the HP universe,  it takes a considerable amount of digging.

BlackSwan317

I may be a bit frightened by the concept of the latter.

Hy3na

Usually they age Hermione up to her mid-twenties. The good ones do, anyway. >>

Oniya

*nods*  I'd actually extrapolate it from the HP universe to fanfic in general:  There is well-written stuff out there, but you really have to dig for it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Hy3na

Occasionally you have a fandom that isn't 98% crap. Hetalia seems to have a fairly intelligent fanbase, as does the new Sherlock Holmes miniseries. Most of the fanfiction seems to be old enough to know how to make a proper historical reference.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Hy3na on March 31, 2011, 07:18:19 PM
Occasionally you have a fandom that isn't 98% crap. Hetalia seems to have a fairly intelligent fanbase, as does the new Sherlock Holmes miniseries. Most of the fanfiction seems to be old enough to know how to make a proper historical reference.

I loved Sherlock, it was hands down the best crime tv series I've seen for some time. Wonderful, stylish scripts, very good acting and the photography and sets, though 21st century, seamlessly fit into Conan Doyle's universe (the slightly washed-out images, echoing old sepia photos, unobtrusively helped make you feel the series was close to "old London"). Technically it's fanfic, but the resources they could put into it were far removed from normal fanfic productions.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

I'll confess a certain fangirlish thrill when they start getting ambiguous about Holmes's sexuality - especially with such a vibrant Holmes.

Hy3na

ADmittedly, I've only seen a bit of the series over my fiance's shoulder. But what I saw was fantastic. I like how they did a good job of showing that he's not this amazing charismatic genius that's good at everything. He really is kind of a jerk. That's something that I've been noticing in TV lately: a tendency towards the anti-hero. =D

I could have that wrong, though. I might be using the wrong term. I haven't eaten anything substantial yet and its past 7 pm... >>

Oniya

Completely socially inept.  There's this bit where he comments on the fact that the girl at the M.E.'s office has put on makeup, that he doesn't like it, and (later on), that she's taken it off.  Never once does it seem to occur to him that she's trying to make herself attractive to him.

Hy3na

I'm thinking of a particular scene where he's speculating that (probably the same girl's) new beau is gay, speaking with her on the evidence that supports his theory. He just seemed very proud of himself for pissing her off. xD