You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 04:14:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Round numbers  (Read 345816 times)

Offline Kalen

Re: Round numbers
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2007, 09:22:34 PM »
My part in the 'post race' is because I like to tease Bliss about her fanatical speed.. we're having fun. 

As for my comment a moment ago, about 'getting out there'?  I stand by that.  I think that everyone who joins this site should WRITE.

One post a month.. one post a minute.. who cares?  Just bring your writing, share with the community. 

I've always seen this thread as good, harmless fun.. and if anyone sees it as something more, than I think they missed the intent.

Offline kongming

« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »
The reason why I said I need to hurry up is that these days I have people waiting on me for posts. I'll open Elliquiy up, then feel as though I can't contribute anything large, so only do a few posts on the word games and things, then go and do something else.

I used to be fanatical about keeping my rate at 20/day+, but then just went "Meh", and figured as long as I have fun and don't get "I'm waiting..." complaints, it's all good.

Offline BlissTopic starter

« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2007, 08:20:30 AM »
I never meant this thread to make post rates into a competition or measuring stick... I mostly just have this weird thing for numbers, and wanted a place to post my weird enjoyment about them when I hit things that felt like any kind of milestone. I got all squee this weekend because my number of incoming PMs was the same digit all the way across. I just like the way that looks.

God forbid I ever turn my attention to numerology, I may lose myself!

Offline Cherri Tart

« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2007, 01:19:01 PM »
*nods*  hey, if someone is only in one game, and they post once a week and their partner and themselve is having a wonderful time creating a story, it's just as valid.  This was, at least to me, just a fun bit of nonsense, never to be taken seriously. :)  my only meter on my own posting is trying not to make my partner wait too long between posts. 

Offline Nell

« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
Yes, that goes without saying. I'd be more satisfied creating one dazzling piece of writing that I could claim 'perfect' or close enough than 1000 worthless rambles. Not that that'll ever happen. I'm just a little nervous about whether it means I've been rejected since I haven't been accepted yet...I can be a little impatient sometimes  :-\

Offline Elvi

« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »
If you had actually looked Cloud, you will see that some are accepted on only one or two posts, as I was Oh so long ago, some take a little more time....

As, I believe has been stated in your thread, Lilac, the site owner is away and there is some delay in getting people into full membership.

Offline Nell

« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
I guess I should have noticed that.

Sry, didn't realize it had to be through Lilac.

Offline Elandra

« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2007, 05:47:12 PM »
7000....whee.

Offline Apple of Eris

« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »
Like, oh my god! It's 1K! It only took a year and a half!  ;D

Offline Cherri Tart

« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2007, 02:09:33 PM »
land mark number!  Roar hit -50! yay me! *giggles*

Offline Swedish Steel

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »
11000 PMs. Congratulation, Bliss. :)

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2007, 02:12:42 PM »
Eeee! Now I feel like I should go back through my posts to see who gave me number 9000!

« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »
Post 9000 was made this morning to Archangel in A Camping Nightmare!

Offline Cherri Tart

« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
you owe Angel a kiss :)

Offline Hunter

« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2007, 05:00:07 PM »
Okay, how did people get ahead of me.  I used to be highest poster around here (but then again, that was before Elvi wandered in).

« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »
I can't explain anybody else, but if you dig back through the sb archives I clearly called myself a freak of nature as pertains to postrate.

Offline kongming

« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2007, 12:31:55 AM »
Vegeta! What does the scouter say about her post number?
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!
What, nine thousand!?!

« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »
I've been waiting for that. *grin*

And now that I've hit it... please essplain?

Offline kongming

« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »
It's an internet meme, starting with the children's anime, Dragonball Z. I'm going to do some guesswork here, as I don't actually watch it. At any rate, I believe everyone has a "power level", which changes based on how psyched up they are. Or something. So at some point the hero, probably Goku, gets really pumped.

"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?"

Vegeta then tears the little device off his head (it's one of those robotic eye lens things) and smashes it for no apparent reason.

"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!"

"WHAT, nine thousand!?!"

Someone recorded that, repeated it a gajillion times, played with the speed of it and uploaded it to Youtube. Hilarity ensues.

4chan decided it was awesome and spread it all over the place. Instant win. Furthermore, it features in "Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series". One card gets more than 9,000 attack points, and so they use that sound clip, placing it over the two other guys talking.

« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
you owe Angel a kiss :)

Sloppy pirate kisses?

So now I've got 9,300. At this rate not only will I hit 20K by Halloween, I might even hit it by the 25th. Almost a week to spare.

Heh. I don't know, that's probably a biiiit of a stretch.

Offline Kalen

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2007, 09:51:35 AM »
I think that you'll hit it sometime around.. the 26th.  Oh, look.. that's today. 

Premature Congrats to Bliss on her 10k!  (hey, she's 8 posts away.. and it's RARE for a guy to be HAPPY when he's premature)

And I'd like to point out that I just hit 1K, myself.. big day for round numbers!

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2007, 09:53:12 AM »
*high five* Good on you! Milestones are such fun, aren't they? :D

Offline Kalen

« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »
I had a lot of fun with my 1k post, as you can tell  ;D

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
Post 10,000 has been made!

*stares at all those lovely zeroes, and then watches as this one changes the last 0 into a 1, turning it into a perfect little palindrome.*

Offline Kalen

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2007, 11:36:21 AM »
*gives you a standing O... and claps for you, too*