You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 12, 2018, 05:19:21 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?  (Read 20184 times)

Offline Atarn

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2018, 01:17:01 PM »
I remember a Werewolf supplement that has a gay pride rally that turns into a full blown riot with the riot caused by an evil megacorporation because . . . reasons??? . . . and some of the rioters and cops are secretly evil monsters called Formori and one of the werewolves is gay and his evil dad shows up to try and recruit him into the Black Spiral Dancers.
That would be Tribe Book: Children of Gaia.
Which has: Narrative Couple mocking the Litany, Jesus Was a Kinfolk to the CoG, SuperSpecial Stick Fighting For CoG's Only. And I still think it's one of the easier books to read all these years down the line <.<

Offline TheSithChicken

« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
The old Tribe books were best used for their new crunch and not much else.

Offline Love And Submission

« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
I find that true of most RPGs though. That's one of the reasons I like PBTA honestly. You can craft an expansive amount of well-written lore but most GMs and PCs are going to ignore it if it doesn't fit their campaign and you can't really predict the tone of every campaign as an author.

That's why I love Nights Black Agent's whole Dust, Mirrors, Burn system where they give multiple styles to play the game. Modular design in RPGs is the best and I love seeing it.

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2018, 03:09:48 PM »
heh, so took a couple days to get to..

But got my book for the new Kult RPG! Bout time, only about a 3 year wait... Funny thing, it came on halloween..

Game is interesting thus far, hope to get a chance to read more over the weekend!

Online BlytheTopic starter

« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
Just got the 5th edition core rulebook of Vampire the Masquerade--friend got it for me. Huh. It's...very different. I hadn't thought I'd like it after their genuinely dreadful playtest way back when, but I find myself pleasantly surprised by the final product. Debating whether or not I want to run a group game of this. I'm pretty intrigued by the mechanical differences & I like trying new things as a GM. I feel like it might play better as a series of one-shots rather than a longer game, though, at least for forums.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:28:42 PM by Blythe »

Offline Love And Submission

« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »
Why is the icon for Dungeon and Dragons on Twitch red book D&D? That's such a weird edition to be the thumbnail because it's probably the least popular edition.

I'm not saying that it has to be the fifth edition, it could easily be second or three point five but first edition 1977 D&D seems like a weird choice to me.

It's also the same with Shadowrun.  I think what I find strange about is that twitch's audience is primarily made up of people 20 to 30 years old. There's not a lot of people who were playing D&D in 1977  on twitch so it's weird to use that as the icon when most people using the site won't even recognize it.

Offline Morte

« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »
I recently bought a copy of The Strange; but haven't had a chance to play it. It seems quite interesting for a premise though however, what with the myriad pocket dimensions within' the Strange itself and the dark energy network.