You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 04:20:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Streaming MLB?  (Read 793 times)

Offline IzuTopic starter

Streaming MLB?
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:46:02 AM »
Okay, so I'm a big fan of baseball, but it's anything but popular in my country, and due to the 7+ time difference I was wondering whether someone knows where I can watch the games after they've been played? Any site that uploads them and streams them? I found one or two that show the games live, but I couldn't find where I can watch them after they were played. I just want to watch one season from beginning to end :<

Offline Avis habilis

Re: Streaming MLB?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »
I'm afraid that's pretty doubtful. The major sports leagues in the States are extremely protective of their copyrights & work hard to stamp out any attempts to redistribute footage of games. There might be unauthorized reproductions out there, but even if we didn't prohibit discussion of illegal downloading on E I'd still recommend steering clear of whatever skeevy cracker site might host them. No knowing what vile stuff your computer might contract on a site like that.

Offline IzuTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »
So there's no official site? :[ This sucks... so another year I'll be lucky if I get to see more than 2 games (last year they showed two games on Eurosport) :(

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:42 AM »
Any chance you get ESPN America where you are?

Offline Avis habilis

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »
There's a video section of the Major League Baseball site, but it looks like that's mostly game highlights, interviews & whatnot.

Offline IzuTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »
Nic, not sure. Will have to check, but I don't think so. We have mainly UK, German, Russian and a few Turkish, Italian and French TVs, and the usual music channels, but not US ones. :<

Thanks, Avis. I'll look into it..

Offline Sir Wolfgang

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 10:48:01 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately Izu, in my experience, it's hard to find anywhere that saves game streams once they've been shown. You might catch a replay or two on MLB.com's streaming site (I'm pretty sure they have one), or on ESPN# the day after, but finding the full, 162-game season replay anywhere is going to be tough.

Your best bet might be to try and find out about something like DirectTV's baseball package, and seeing if perhaps they have an archive of games, but usually, once a game happens, the replay doesn't stick around for more than a few days.

Sorry :(.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »
Don't think DirectTV has service in Eastern Europe.

Offline IzuTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »
Nou... ;.; *sighs*

Offline Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »
The MLB website has this: MLB TV. It's not too cheap, but not too expensive for everything you get. One of the features is 'Full Game Archive'. Not sure if that would help you or offer you exactly what you are looking for...but it might be worth taking a look at the details of it.

One of the fine print details at the bottom says "...the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game. "

So that means they play the game online through this service starting 90 minutes after the game ends. I didn't read all the fine print, but it does appear to be available outside the USA, but you might want to read everything to be sure of what you're getting.

Offline IzuTopic starter

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Auph... completely out of my budget.