News:

The Farm Hand [Bon-H]
Congratulations Chi & Geraint for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Scream of the Crop | MxM | Multiple Genres

Started by Strawberry Scream, May 12, 2024, 08:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strawberry Scream

Welcome to the PG-13 Thread
Why hello, friends.

My name is Strawberry Scream and as you can tell, I'm quite new here. Now, I won't dilly-dally too much, but I think I ought to share a little bit about myself before you dive right into an RP with me.

• I'm twenty-four years old and have been RPing online for fifteen years, so since I was nine (RIP OG Official Warrior Cats Forums -- gone but never forgotten).
  • I've been told I'm what the cool kids these days call advanced. The minimum post length you're going to get from me is about 500 words (four to six paragraphs), but I can easily polish up a post to hit 1,500 or even 2,500 if I'm really excited. I don't expect these lengths in return. All I ask is that my partner put forth effort to move the story along. I'd be happy with three or four paragraphs as long as it keeps the ball rolling. Speaking of long posts, I apologize in advance for starting posts. Those bad boys get loooong.
  • I'm not a grammar or spelling nut. As long as your post is legible, I don't mind mistakes. I'm dyslexic myself, so I will be making a few of my own.
  • Characters. I usually play a couple at least -- even if we only have the one 'main' pair, I'm probably going to have some side characters and NPCs going on in the background to help round out the feel of the story. My characters are diverse, and each has their own personality, so don't expect carbon copies with different faces.
  • I'll most likely reply once or more a day, but take your time! Some of the best RPs are the ones partners take weeks to reply to.
  • Please don't demand things about my character/s. You can politely ask me to change a face claim, sure, but don't go demanding this and that. That's a huge turn-off for me.
  • I only RP MxM main pairings. Obviously.

Alright alright alright! With that out of the way, let's get into the juicy shit. Plots.

Keep in mind that I'm willing to work with you on preferences and ideas, so don't be afraid to ask about switching up some details!

Dangerous Paths: YC is a prince who must cross a dangerous, unmanned territory filled with magic and mayhem to complete a quest. The only person who can lead him is MC, a scrappy rogue without ties to any living kingdom. YC is first offended when MC treats them like anyone else crossing unmapped, magical territory, but soon realizes that MC is the only way they could survive the long journey across a land where everything wants to eat them. And, perhaps, YC learns just why MC is a rogue in a seemingly inhabitable, magical forest. 

Aye, Captain: MC is the captain of an infamous pirate ship in a fantasy land, known for merciless pillaging and bloodshed. YC is lost on an island for a long time, only to be found by a crew that's stopped to gather and hunt. YC has a skill that's needed on the ship and is invited into the crew - only to discover that they are on an impossible quest. (Be aware that there is a healer on the ship who plays an important role, but I have nothing against having two healers who specialize in different things! My healer is a magic-based healer.)

Clouds of Wealth: In the far, far future, things have gotten worse. The wealthiest of the wealthy, less than 0.01% of the population, live in the literal clouds in mansions and manors with all kinds of luxury. They are far above the smog of the polluted cities, and a layer of fluffy clouds allows them to see none of it. YC is a member of one of those families, never exposed to life below the clouds. However, they have taken a shine to one of the family's many, many pretty servants and household employees: MC. MC is understandably not a fan, despite YC raining expensive gifts and lavish favors upon them. One day, YC gets a little too curious and follows MC home below the clouds. This can go a few different ways, so feel free to brainstorm with me!

Angel Aura: Angels have been proven to be real, walking with everyone like no big deal. There are a few kinds: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Celestial, all with a glow around them called an angel aura - AKA, their halos. However, there is a fifth kind of angel: a Fallen. They are very, very rare, but are seen as difficult targets for Angel Hunters since they can hide their weakened angel auras. Hunters are exactly as they sound, hunting down angels for their very, very valuable feathers and wings. Some even kill angels for their wings. MC is a fallen angel. However, YC has a special gift - he can see hidden auras, which makes it easy for him to tell MC is a fallen angel. To get close enough to MC to be presented with an opportunity to take his wings, YC pretends to be his friend - or maybe even something more. (I have a ton of cool lore for angels!)

Potions Cafe: MC is openly a Witch, brewing potions and tonics for the people who live in their city and getting paid for it through what is essentially a potion cafe. YC is a traveling witch hunter, turning in magic users to the black market for coin. To make their job easier, YC pretends to want to befriend MC and starts nonchalantly incorporating themself into MCs life. However, YC finds that kidnapping MC will be a lot more difficult than they thought, due to both the helpful and kind nature of MC and the city of folks who would guard them. YC is on a time crunch with their current employer - and missing a deadline can be deadly. But when emotions are stirred and hearts begin to waver, will YC be able to go through with it?

The Army MageIn a fantasy medieval world, MC is an extremely powerful mage. However, YC is the prince and captain of an army who is about to face another army three times as big and as powerful as their own. The King/Queen of the land implores the help of MC - against YC's wishes, who is strictly anti-magic. They are forced to work together where, to YC's annoyance and reluctant acceptance, MC thrives in the war planning room and on the battlefield. Slowly, as the war carries on, YC and MC start getting along (and maybe a little too well?). But the war ends, YC is crowned King, and it's time for MC to leave and carry on their personal quest. Will YC ask MC to stay, or is it time to let go?

Cypress Sanctuary: While magical creatures are real, they are far too dangerous to be let loose in the human world. Instead, sanctuaries are dotted worldwide, hidden from mortal view. In these places, magic is thriving and alive. YC is the caretaker of Cypress Sanctuary and rarely leaves. However, strange things are beginning to happen, and it doesn't bode well! It just so happens that there is a creature in Cypress Sanctuary who may just be able to help YC get down to the bottom of the darkness beginning to overtake the sanctuary, turning previously peaceful creatures aggressive toward their caretaker. MC is this old, wise (if not grumpy) creature, able to shift from his magical form to a human form, and has been in the sanctuary for generations. Together, they work to find why the darkness is closing in. (Although this plot is inspired by the Fablehaven series, there's no need for you to have read them.)

AlphaPremium

Consider me in, I've been waiting to use my Vernon of Seventeen canon!