Marvel/DC Crossover RP - Multiversal Mentoring Program

Started by Gilgameshian, May 01, 2019, 12:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Gilgameshian on May 06, 2019, 11:38:14 AM
Xavin: Sounds like a cool concept. I'm a light fan of the Runaways (mainly Nico) but all characters are welcome.

I've always enjoyed Molly, she is just plain awesome... Socking Wolverine out of a church window, gut punching the Punisher. I laughed when she met the Stepford Cuckoos as well... She's my fav on the Hulu show as well... Then Ol' Lace...

Name:Xavin
Codename (if applicable):
Alias: Prince Xavin, Xav, Captain Jumpsuit, Mr. Not-So-Fantastic, Xavster
Relatives: De'Zean (Father, Deceased), Unnamed Mother (Deceased), Karolina Dean (Former Betrothed), Ewa'Fareek (Uncle), Theodore Altman A.K.A Hulkling (Distant Cousin)
Program: Multitalented
Appearance: As a Skrull Xavin is a natural shapeshifter able to shift into any form they can imagine be it human or animal at will. Because of their former relationship with their betrothed Karolina Dean, they normally took the form of a young black female as Karolina was into girls. They would also take the form of a black male, but now that they are on their own and joining the school they have opened up with the possibilities.

Personality: As a trained soldier, Xavin has no hesitation in entering combat. As a Prince they have a tendency to be bossy at times which can rub some other people the wrong way. Despite the training however, they are still a teenager and can tend towards overconfidence, especially if there is a person of interest involved.

Xavin still doesn't entirely understand the human concepts of gender, but still has a tendency to adopt the form of a human female due to their past romance with Karolina Dean. However they still will commonly become a male without thinking. They also have a tendency to look down on robots, as they were only servants on their home planet.

Powers and/or Skills:
   Skrull Shapeshifting
   Cosmic Element Manipulation
      Pyrokinesis and Self-Immolation
      Psionic Force-Fields and Invisibility
      Rock-like Skin, Superhuman Strength and Superhuman Durability
      Plasticity and Elongation

History:

Ok here is what I have so far... I'll keep working on it tomorrow.

Gilgameshian

Got a fair amount of free time today. Aiming to start the main thread today after I get my Grayson sheet put together properly.

If anyone has a character sheet that hasn't been accepted but is done then PM it to me and I'll get to it.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

DrMcQuark

I have a little more to do, but you will have it today.

Gilgameshian

March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Gilgameshian

We've certainly got a couple characters and the main thread has just started. Still a good time for a few more people to join if they are so inclined!

I think we've actually got a good split male/female which is equally nice at least as far as character gender goes. Looking forward to seeing what other ideas people come up with. Canon but with a twist is the theme of things folks. Got an interesting group so far but I'd love to see a handful more perhaps.

So far we've got some Mystics and Multitalented. Would love to see some Alien and Altered folks to really round out the first teams.

All of this, really, serves to say that as of now the RP is officially started and this has gone from an interest check to a true honest-to-goodness RP that's open for business!

With that in mind...let's see what happens before the first inevitable crisis comes along yes? *insert comical evil laugh here*

----

For those wondering the current accepted characters (as I recall and my memory is sometimes awful) is:

Shade, The Changing Girl (Canon Oddball [I mean that in the best way possible. Love this characte'rs off the wall kind of feel])
American Marvel (Captain America meets Shazam)
Harley Quinn (Of the Injustice Universe)
Icon II (Son of Icon and Power Girl from an alternate universe/future)
Xavin (Super-Skrull Prince/Princess)
Richard Grayson (Nightwing, the main canon one)

Gilgameshian

Giving this a "it's been almost a month" bump.

The RP is off to a slow start because it seems like life hit a fair number of people right in the dome. Having said that there's plenty of room for a few people to join right up and we'd be happy to have you. We're right in the beginning so let's give this the jumpstart it needs. I still love this concept and refuse to let the damn thing die without a bit of a fight!

Now, it is worth mentioning that, by and large, most characters are available as well as people doing a unique blend of characters. We run the gamut of canon characters from a mainline universe to something closer to OCs. Want to play the child of two heroes from a different universe? We allow that. Want to play a genderbent version of a hero? Sure, go for it.

Honestly, the sky is the limit insofar as what you want to do. Looking at the list above should tell you, quick and easy, what we've got going on.

It is worth noting, now that I think on it, that it is mentioned that the Mentorship program's universe is such that no one is allowed to play a character from that universe. Everywhere else is okay but that one's off limits since I'm still ironing things out and, by and large, I just don't think I want to allow it at this time.

I plan, once we get about a solid four or five people besides myself, to kick into a real mission so that people can get their feet wet with the action.

One last thing worth mentioning, while I'm thinking on it, is that we don't have many Alien folks around so if anyone wants to play something like that I'd be extra happy to see it at the moment since I think we only have a Skrull at the moment.