You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 18, 2019, 08:32:37 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Fallen Academy (Free Form, Open Sandbox, Star Wars, Interest Check)  (Read 644 times)

Offline Sapherno11Topic starter

Really more gauging interest for this, and will clarify questions as asked. (Its late when I'm writing this, if confusing I apologize. Just ask below and I'll try to clarify what I messed up :)

So! Moving on. In short, this is going to be taking place in the Old EU, or "Legends". Luke Skywalker has opened the Jedi Praxeum, or new Jedi Academy. There were some...issues with an ancient Sith lord sealed away on Yavin 4, plus an attack or two on the Jedi themselves.

I'd like to run with a group of generally 4 (where doesn't matter to me), but if more people want to join, they are welcome to do so.

Now, the Praxeum at this point has around 60 students, about 20 "Instructors". There are around 200 ish Jedi (They are rebuilding after all) scattered around the Galaxy. These are Knights mind, with about 30 of those being "Masters".

Who YOU are is up to you. Perhaps you are a Smuggler, working with the New Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order to recover artifacts lost to time, or stealing them from the Imperial Remnant/Warlords. Perhaps you are a Force Sensitive, coming to the Praxeum to learn the ways of the Force. Or perhaps you are an already existing member of the Jedi Order. You could be a Bounty Hunter, tracking rogue Jedi and bringing them back to the Order to be helped. Or you could just be a bad ass cook.

As of right now I'm toying with 2 separate plot ideas for players to run through. Keep in mind that the Start of the story will be almost purely EU, but all the remaining will be completely original.

1st. As the name implies, the Academy ends up being taken down by an outside force. Luke orders the Jedi to scatter once again, and our little misfit group burns sky on Someone's ship. Our goals might be to find out who attacked the Order. Why. Or perhaps we just want to survive.

2nd. We go through several Days at the Academy, but as the days and lessons go on, something seems.....off. I really don't want to go into greater detail, as it'll ruin a core mechanic of the starting story, but basically it'll still involve aspects of dealing with the Academy falling to enemy forces, and our group having to deal with the outcome of that attack.

EDIT: Shoot, forgot to add. YOUR CHOICES MATTER. The story will change depending on the choices of the players within. I'll give you the starting point, but the story could go any one direction out of a Hundred. The story itself WILL end up being unique, as the players themselves will craft it via the choices they make. Save an old lady? perhaps she'll save our lives later on, or help us hide.....or be a Sith in disguise.

Again I welcome questions!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:39:37 AM by Sapherno11 »

Offline Aethyrium

Re: Fallen Academy (Free Form, Open Sandbox, Star Wars, Interest Check)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:36:48 AM »
If this gains traction, I would likely be compelled to submit a character. So, dropping you a line of interest.

Offline LSWSjr

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
I won't say no to a Star Wars game... let alone an EU one... count me in as interested :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Offline MistressNyx

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 04:13:55 PM »
I’m certainly intrigued. I’ll be keeping an eye on this for certain.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
Just wanted to share, as of right now 3 players (plus my self) gives us 4 characters, which is more then enough to get started with.

That said, I do want to leave the thread up until Sunday (Easter) to see if anyone else wants in. On sunday I'll throw together the custom character skeletons for everybody, and once I have those, I can throw together the starting scenario.

Offline TheOneWhoWatches

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 11:44:45 PM »
Def looking at this with heavy interest lemme know what ya got and when ya got it together.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 11:19:23 PM »
Ok, Its Sunday (Or will be in 17 minutes) So I'm going to get things underway.

I have two things to ask everybody. First, I have a "beta" character sheet of sorts, and want to ask everyone's opinion on it. We can edit or change things as we go.

THE SHEET!

Character Name:
Planet of Origin:
Reason for being on Yavin 4:
Newcomer or longer resident:
Stats (for the 5 below, pick a number between 1-10, 10 being Exceptionally skilled, 1 being very unskilled. Each number MUST be 2 below the next. IE, if you choose 10, the next MUST be a 8 and so on. Keep in mind, for right now, stats are ONLY so other players can get an idea for what your character is skilled at/weak with. These are also NOT set in stone. If you are bad at...oh say strength stuff, but you make a point of working out, you'll become stronger. These are kinda self explanitory. Strength is how strong you are. Dex is how nimble/fast you are. Willpower is basically how resistant you are to mind control and so on. Intelligence is a bit more complicated, but deals with general knowledge/technical skills like mechanical stuff, hacking and so on. Force is just how powerful in the Force you are (assuming you CAN use the Force) Force Control is how well you can actually DO techniques and abilities with the Force)
Strength:
Dexerity:
Willpower:
Intelligence:
Force:
Force Control:
Skills (Choose three things that your character is particularly good at. IE, something your character would actually be known for "Oh, I've heard of her, she's a great hacker" etc etc)
Personality description (OPTIONAL):

Example of completed sheet!

Character Name: Jaden Karn
Planet of Origin: Dathomir
Reason for being on Yavin 4: Studying the Jedi Arts
Newcomer or longer resident: Has been on planet for about a year.

Stats
Strength: 0
Dexerity: 8
Willpower: 2
Intelligence: 4
Force: 10
Force Control: 6

Example of completed sheet

Skills (Choose three things that your character is particularly good at. IE, something your character would actually be known for "Oh, I've heard of her, she's a great hacker" etc etc)
1. Teras Kasi Practitioner
2. Lightsaber Combat (more particularly, known for using a custom lightsaber style he calls Zero Style, or Way of the Void)
3. Fluctuates between radiating Light and Dark sides of the Force. (This is more of a negative thing for him, and usually its the Teachers/Masters discussing him. In short, he's emotionally driven way more then he should be, and as a result can lean towards using the Dark Side at times.)

Personality description (OPTIONAL): Jaden is quiet and withdrawn for the most part. He acts this way as he tends to lean towards emotional reactions, and knows it is not the Jedi Way. So he tries to curb those reactions by trying to think things through before just acting on things that happen. He enjoys helping others, and will go out of his way to do so. He also loves teaching younger students and so has started helping train the Youngling classes (students under the age of 13). He is also Woefully inept with Blasters, and struggles with many Force techniques.

The other issue I wanted to bring up is "DnD" style, or freeform?

Generally I prefer to run things freeform, letting players be responsible for how "skilled" their character is, rather then relying on the DnD style, which uses Dice to imbue a sense of randomization. So second thing is, what would you guys prefer? Freeform? Or a more "DnD" style setting? My vote would be "freeform", but I'll run a DnD style if that is what the group decides :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:27:23 PM by Sapherno11 »

Offline TheOneWhoWatches

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 02:27:44 AM »
Honestly i prefer freeform and it would work well, as long as everyone agrees to keep stuff under god tier BS and what not

are we submitting characters here or to you?

Online Batman4560

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 03:00:42 AM »
If you will have me, I'd love to join up as well!

Online Juggtacular

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »
I'm down.

Offline TheOneWhoWatches

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 05:05:50 PM »
here is a pretty cool avatar creator for the SW universe. its still in beta and the characters are a bit cartoony but there is alot of options and it was fun if ya wanna make your own pic

http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=star-wars-avatar-creator 

Offline TheOneWhoWatches

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »
Character Name: Tarra Relique
Planet of Origin: Ryloth
Reason for being on Yavin 4: To encounter and learn from other force users, and find out if she can truly walk the line between the refined and the raw power of the force.
Newcomer or longer resident: New comer
Occupation: Dancer / Singer (lets face it with 2 intelligence it's the best option)
Stats
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 6
Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 2
Force: 10
Force Control:8
Skills
1. Vaapad Practitioner
2. Battle Meditation Force power ( At the moment can only affect herself and two  others, needs training on the fundamentals of the power and more control over herself and her own beliefs of the force)
3. Force Clairvoyant (currently only strong feeling and completely uncontrollable.Will cause headaches and nausea after an activation which can be crippling. Later on may be able to see visions or have dreams ((Gm Plot device?)))
Personality description: Tarra is socially awkward with no filter. She is honest to a fault, and has no problem stating what she thinks. She has a hard time keeping secrets and cannot lie without it being rather obvious. Due to this fact it is difficult for society to accept her as she is.

Offline LSWSjr

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 09:01:31 AM »
Will hopefully get an app in sometime tomorrow :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 04:31:27 PM »
Good lord this blew up when I wasn't looking at it. Ok, sorry for the wait guys, long story short, I work 2 jobs, and lately My creativity has been brain dead.

I also screwed up the character sheet, we won't actually be using stats (That was for the more dnd version of the thingy!)

Here is updated, its fairly straightforward to transfer

Character Name:
Planet of Origin:

Weaknesses (Same as above, three things that you would consider negatives about your character!)

That said, Everyone who wants to join IS IN. Send me your character sheets via PM for now (TOWW, I'll pm you about yours!) and I'll check em over to make sure everyone's good to go. One of my biggest things is, I want players to actually be able to grow stronger throughout the story. This is going to be something a bit similar to Dnd, we're not starting off Super powerful (though we will be noticibly stronger in some areas then others, depending on our own unique abilities!), but by the End, we WILL be Jedi Masters (those that want to be Jedi mind :)

Also TheOneWhoWatches, that's a Fantastic character creator, I love it! We're using it. So people, if you want to have a physical idea of what your character looks like, you can use this http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=star-wars-avatar-creator , or use a general picture should you have one :)

Example of ACTUAL skeleton!
Newcomer or longer resident: Has been on planet since Luke opened the Praxeum, around 2ish years
1. A dedicated practicioner of Teräs Käsi, an ancient form of Martial Arts originally designed to counter Jedi, but works well on anyone with breakable limbs.
2. Lightsaber Combat (more particularly, known for using a custom lightsaber style he calls Zero Style, or Way of the Void rather then the 3 main forms taught in Luke's Praxeum. He's also known for being able to use single blade, dual wielding, and saber staff fluidly, able to connect his twin sabers to create said staff. He prefers single bladed combat however)
3. Is able to connect to the Force Deeply without effort. Namely, while connecting to the Force can be troublesome for some, for Jaden it is simple. Due to his Martial upbringing, clearing his mind and connecting to the Force was second nature once Luke showed him how.

Weaknesses (Same as above, three things that you would consider negatives about your character!)
1. Woefully inept with blasters/guns of any kind. While he's great with a blade, ranged combat is...not something he excels at.
2. Greatly struggles with force techniques that do not link to his body. In short, he is great at Channeling abilities, say making himself jump higher, or farther, or amplifying his raw strength. But ask him to lift a tree branch JUST using the Force, and he would struggle. However, techniques that allow him to channel it through his body, such as Force Lightning, are techniques he can use easily.
3. Switches between Light and Dark sides of the Force easily. The largest problem is, he can be...emotionally driven. So as a result, he tends to lean towards the "Dark Side" more then he does the Light, and struggles with the Draw of the Dark Side.

Personality description (OPTIONAL): Jaden is quiet and withdrawn for the most part. He acts this way as he tends to lean towards emotional reactions, and knows it is not the Jedi Way. So he tries to curb those reactions by trying to think things through before just acting on things that happen. He enjoys helping others, and will go out of his way to do so. He also loves teaching younger students and so has started helping train the Youngling classes (students under the age of 13). He is also Woefully inept with Blasters.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:48:22 PM by Sapherno11 »

Online jeflint

• The Seductive Shrinker, The Tempting Transformationist, The one and only FennMink & The Incorrigible Author
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Facta Non Verba
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
I'm interested in playing a Zel force adept who focus on racing/piloting. :)

Offline Mimosa

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 05:38:43 AM »
Hello! Is this still a thing? :3

Offline TheOneWhoWatches

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 11:39:04 PM »
Honestly have no idea. Id love for it to be a thing but i haven't heard from Sapherno11 about what we are actually doing

Offline Mimosa

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 12:25:02 AM »
I see. He isn't active since less than two weeks, let's wait for him to come back :)

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
Sorry, Yes, this is still definitely a thing, I'm kinda waiting for everyone to send character sheets in so I can cover any issues that may crop up before the RP actually starts, or answer questions you may have :)

"That said, Everyone who wants to join IS IN. Send me your character sheets via PM for now (TOWW, I'll pm you about yours!) and I'll check em over to make sure everyone's good to go. One of my biggest things is, I want players to actually be able to grow stronger throughout the story. This is going to be something a bit similar to Dnd, we're not starting off Super powerful (though we will be noticeably stronger in some areas then others, depending on our own unique abilities!), but by the End, we WILL be Jedi Masters (those that want to be Jedi mind :)"

Offline El Maligno

• The Unstoppable Sex Beast
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • If sex is the question, yes is the answer.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »
I'm in!

Offline Wicked Vixen

• The Shexy Asian Math Nerd Extraordinaire
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Something Wicked this way comes......
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »
Ooooh yes!!! Been wanting a star wars rp!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 01:45:50 PM »
Actually I posted on the 28th of April what we were doing, but no one got back to me, so I've kinda just been waiting for character sheets to come in ^.^

Ok, due to the number of new/old people, I may end up splitting this into two seperate group threads, we'll see how it goes and what everyone wants to do. :) That said, Here's an older post with a character sheet, send em in via PM to me, but generally everyone that wants in is in!

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A FORCE USER. A Jedi/Sith is plenty strong, but that's not the be all end all for my games. A smuggler is just as dangerous, same as a bounty hunter. Whatever you want to do, you WILL NOT EVER FEEL USELESS.

On to the old post XD

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 04:31:27 PM »
"Good lord this blew up when I wasn't looking at it. Ok, sorry for the wait guys, long story short, I work 2 jobs, and lately My creativity has been brain dead.

I also screwed up the character sheet, we won't actually be using stats (That was for the more dnd version of the thingy!)

Here is updated, its fairly straightforward to transfer

Character Name:
Planet of Origin:

That said, Everyone who wants to join IS IN. Send me your character sheets via PM for now (TOWW, I'll pm you about yours!) and I'll check em over to make sure everyone's good to go. One of my biggest things is, I want players to actually be able to grow stronger throughout the story. This is going to be something a bit similar to Dnd, we're not starting off Super powerful (though we will be noticibly stronger in some areas then others, depending on our own unique abilities!), but by the End, we WILL be Jedi Masters (those that want to be Jedi mind :)

Also TheOneWhoWatches, that's a Fantastic character creator, I love it! We're using it. So people, if you want to have a physical idea of what your character looks like, you can use this http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=star-wars-avatar-creator , or use a general picture should you have one :)

Example of ACTUAL skeleton!
Newcomer or longer resident: Has been on planet since Luke opened the Praxeum, around 2ish years
1. A dedicated practicioner of Teräs Käsi, an ancient form of Martial Arts originally designed to counter Jedi, but works well on anyone with breakable limbs.
2. Lightsaber Combat (more particularly, known for using a custom lightsaber style he calls Zero Style, or Way of the Void rather then the 3 main forms taught in Luke's Praxeum. He's also known for being able to use single blade, dual wielding, and saber staff fluidly, able to connect his twin sabers to create said staff. He prefers single bladed combat however)
3. Is able to connect to the Force Deeply without effort. Namely, while connecting to the Force can be troublesome for some, for Jaden it is simple. Due to his Martial upbringing, clearing his mind and connecting to the Force was second nature once Luke showed him how.

1. Woefully inept with blasters/guns of any kind. While he's great with a blade, ranged combat is...not something he excels at.
2. Greatly struggles with force techniques that do not link to his body. In short, he is great at Channeling abilities, say making himself jump higher, or farther, or amplifying his raw strength. But ask him to lift a tree branch JUST using the Force, and he would struggle. However, techniques that allow him to channel it through his body, such as Force Lightning, are techniques he can use easily.
3. Switches between Light and Dark sides of the Force easily. The largest problem is, he can be...emotionally driven. So as a result, he tends to lean towards the "Dark Side" more then he does the Light, and struggles with the Draw of the Dark Side.

Personality description (OPTIONAL): Jaden is quiet and withdrawn for the most part. He acts this way as he tends to lean towards emotional reactions, and knows it is not the Jedi Way. So he tries to curb those reactions by trying to think things through before just acting on things that happen. He enjoys helping others, and will go out of his way to do so. He also loves teaching younger students and so has started helping train the Youngling classes (students under the age of 13). He is also Woefully inept with Blasters."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:05:06 PM by Sapherno11 »

Offline TheOneWhoWatches

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
OOPS!! removing character sheet from here and sent via pm Sry Saph
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:11:30 AM by TheOneWhoWatches »

Offline Mimosa

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »
C'mon guys ! We cannot be just two interested in that ! send your character sheets to Sapherno ! :3

Online Captain Whitebread

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 11:40:40 AM »
So tempting.....