Stranded: sci-fi setting looking for M

Started by RedEve, October 16, 2015, 04:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Stranded

In the year 2247, human colonies exist throughout the galaxy. In this new galactic economy, a wide variety of products and materials are hauled over great distances. Bantam-Yamaha is the n°1 company when it comes to droid technology and robotics. By far their most popular line of products are their companion droids. These droids are sold throughout the galaxy, mostly to remote colonies where the supply of prospective mates is limited and (mostly) men instead turn to robotic women for companionship. To save money on the long hauls to deep space colonies, some less than glamorous subcontractors are contracted for these jobs.

Your character would be one such hauler who works mainly in taking cargo from and to a handful of remote rim systems that mostly contain mining colonies in the harshest possible conditions. During a long haul carrying a large batch of pleasure droids for a colony with a shortage of woman and a workforce on the brink of going on strike, your ship crashlands on an uninhabited planet, with the main engine going down and only life support still functioning. As the days waiting for help turn into weeks you break protocol and open one of the pods containing the droid women. Even though touching the cargo is subjected to heavy fines per your contract with Bantam-Yamaha, a combination of loneliness and desperation makes you switch on the pleasure droid.

This can start out with him just switching on the one droid and interacting with her, but this could carry on into a story where he loses it completely and turns them all on and lives in a de facto harem in his stranded ship. The details can of course be discussed.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list