You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
March 17, 2018, 10:00:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Now open for stories.
                                            ~a mentor project

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WhiteWolf's NFL Off-Season 2018 Thread  (Read 50 times)

Offline White WolfTopic starter

WhiteWolf's NFL Off-Season 2018 Thread
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
Hey sports fans!

So I'd love to get a thread going to chat and wax philosophical as we stare down the barrel of (what already feels like) a looong off-season. Let's talk free agency, draftees, cap space and hopes and dreams as we sit out the long, football-less summer.

Let me get us started!

I think a Superbowl loss does something to people's brains. The entire New England online fanbase seems to have fallen over each other trying to turn their ire on an ineffectual Superbowl defense; our erstwhile DC Matt Patricia and even the Chief Executive Curmudgeon himself, Bill Belichick. All fans are notoriously fickle, though, so that shouldn't really surprise me - we lost and somebody needs someone to blame, unable to admit as most of us seem to be that, you know, Nick Foles' Eagles were just that much better than us in February.

Even so.

The absolute hemorrhaging of star players so far is really damn concerning. Soon there'll be nobody left but Brady and Gronk, and even Gronk is on the fence about whether he's coming back or not (and, for what it's worth, Brady has seemed a little subdued lately in his media appearances). We've got a cool $21,000,000 in cap space to play with (more, I guess, with Amendola and Lewis announcing their moves) and we're doing nothing with it so far. After the loss, I think we all wanted some kind of assurances that everything was under control moving forwards far the front office hasn't exactly given us that. This sucks, frankly, waiting on Pats management to come up with some answers. Going into free agency we had two concerns - tightening up the defense that led us down in Minnesota, and finding a replacement for Jimmy Garoppolo to take the baton from Brady in a year or two when Time finally gets its revenge on Tom for so long thumbing his nose at it. NOW, though, we're short basically all our big names on both sides of the ball (save for Edelman who, thankfully, will be coming back in August). We've got a shit-ton of work to do and nothing has been done as yet to assure us it's gonna' get done...

...can a whelp fresh out of college stand in at third string behind Brady? I get this sick feeling we're gonna' find out real soon. Ugh.

The whole damn Patriots fanbase right now