You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
September 24, 2018, 08:18:16 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?  (Read 17631 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online HairyHeretic

  • Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2006
  • Location: Ireland
  • Gender: Male
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2018, 06:29:24 AM »
I played a bit of 1st ed, but never ran it, so wouldn't be as knowledgeable on the fluff as others.

Offline Avalon29

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
I got the first draft of Liminal last night. Haven’t read through all the setting stuff yet but I like what I’ve read so far. The system is pretty simple 2d6 + skill + bonuses from traits vs a difficulty number. It doesn’t have any real classes although the book does suggest a few comon concepts and how to build them. The general player character concepts can be divided into 5 types. Normal humans aware of the hidden world, magicians, changelings, dhampirs, and werewolves. The magic is fairly subtle, blessings, wards, divination, that kind of thing. The most flashy being the ability to control the weather.

It also has some other fun stuff like the crew creation where each players come together and decide on a goal for the crew gets to create some kind of asset for the group ranging from connections, to a hideout, or informants to name some of the optons. The crew is supposed to be like family for these outsiders that have joined together with the main cast of being BBC’s Being Human listed as a good example of a crew albeit a weird one. The setting seems fun from what I’ve read too. Fae courts, a ghost world, a secret magician’s college at Oxford, and other fun stuff. All and all I think it’s going to be a fun system especially once all the supplementals that are going to be released thanks to all the stretch goals that were reached.

Offline BlytheTopic starter

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2018, 02:22:27 AM »
So it's been a while since I posted here, but I got Lexicon of the Throne for Godbound. It's a very excellent little supplement, clocking in at just over 90 pages-ish. I got the pdf for about $10 on drivethrurpg, and I feel it was pretty worth the cost. Came with new Words to use and some handy advice in general about creating religions in a game world.

I also have been delving into OSR games in general, and I bought a world-building book. The Castle Oldskull Game World Generator (Deluxe Edition) by Kent David Kelley. It goes through a really extensive process for map-making and worldbuilding that is incredibly impressive. Very worth the $5 I spent to get the pdf.

Offline TheLaughingOne

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #378 on: August 04, 2018, 03:30:39 AM »
Recently obtained the infinity rpg for a game here, and really like it! Book isnt the best laid out, and they really need someone to diagram sone thi gs out as they explain what turns out to be rather simple things in overcomplicated (to me) ways.

And getting started on the new 40k kill team, which i hope will be fun!

Another game i got is called summerlands, which is a rather nice one as well..

Online HairyHeretic

  • Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • *
  • Join Date: Dec 2006
  • Location: Ireland
  • Gender: Male
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #379 on: August 04, 2018, 07:48:06 AM »
I think the new Vampire rules went live this week. Anyone had a read through those yet?

Offline wander

  • That Tired Lone Brit-lad // Geek-Nerd in a T-shirt // Not A Gentleman
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2014
  • Location: Wandering the Realms...
  • Gender: Male
  • Degrader, Daddy, Sadist, though Master to Noone.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #380 on: August 04, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
Got a hold of Chaosium's old Elric! and Stormbringer 5th edition rpgs.

Very similar to Call of Cthulhu's classic rules due to using the Basic Roleplaying system, you can make really badass characters from the start though.

You roll 2d6+6 for statistics (the main stats are comparable to D&D, so a Str of 10-11 is human average and 16-18 is peak condition) though interestingly you use d100 to face-off using them (essentially converting to percentages from 50% and + or - 5% per difference in the attribute, a Str 10 person wrestling a Str 14 person has 30% chance to beat them, whilst the Str 14 person has 70% chance to beat the other person).

There's also the classic skill list rated in percentages with enough skill points to purposefully raise skills past 100% (you always fumble on a 00 roll, though criticals are measured by rolling under your skill rating divided by 5). This is helpful for Dodge as each extra one you need to do past the first in a single combat round (so when you're outnumbered usually) reduces the chance by 30% and the same goes for Parries which are totalled using your skill in that Weapon.

Offline Love And Submission

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2018, 02:14:28 AM »
You ever wonder how many list you're on because of Tabletop RPGs? I keep googling ANFO because I used  it to kill a dragon once and I want to remember the recipe for the next time a dragon shows up.

Offline TheGlyphstone

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
You ever wonder how many list you're on because of Tabletop RPGs? I keep googling ANFO because I used  it to kill a dragon once and I want to remember the recipe for the next time a dragon shows up.

Eh. After a short story I wrote required me to google 'how long does it take to strangle someone to death' and 'dissolving human bodies in lye', I'm pretty sure I am already on all the watch lists.

Offline Beorning

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
Eh. After a short story I wrote required me to google 'how long does it take to strangle someone to death' and 'dissolving human bodies in lye', I'm pretty sure I am already on all the watch lists.

Heh.

On another note, I'm kind of feeling down these days, because I have a ton of RPG books and no energy to read through them. Also, nobody wants to play with me anyway... :(

Offline Love And Submission

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2018, 12:49:01 AM »
Eh. After a short story I wrote required me to google 'how long does it take to strangle someone to death' and 'dissolving human bodies in lye', I'm pretty sure I am already on all the watch lists.




Modern rouge is a great show for RPG players.

Offline TheLaughingOne

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #385 on: September 18, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »
So...! To all those people with disposable income...

https://imgur.com/gallery/GEQ38tO

rough link and intro thing to the sequel to Tales from the Loop, which as the characters are older, could make an awesome game for on here potentially!

Offline MasterMischief

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
Picked up Masks and Monster of the Week.