You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 21, 2018, 05:02:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Miniature painting  (Read 10508 times)

Offline Dhi

Re: Miniature painting
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2018, 02:56:10 AM »
No? If anything breaks down, that is my go-to for learning how to fix it.

Online TerribleTira

« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:39 AM »
Duct tape fixes everything. XD

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2018, 07:32:14 AM »
... yet again i am in awe and jealous of the paint jobs others are able to do... this weekend (wrll, my time weekend) going out to hang with friend and do some modeling and painting, hopefully he can give me some good tips...

Offline BeorningTopic starter

« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »
Those are rad, welcome! I like the barbarian woman especially, the black lines make everything pop. How did you do your grass?

Beorning, here's the Tuareg.

Nasmats without antennas.

I'll paint Leila for sure. She is another model with both hands on the gun if memory serves.

Thanks for the photos! Nice job, as usual.

And yes, Leila is another of those difficult model. Ack, I wish I had a good idea how to assemble them...

Offline BeorningTopic starter

« Reply #254 on: Yesterday at 07:37:27 PM »
Hey, Dhi, could I have a request?

When you'll be assembling Leila, could you take a photo of how the joint of her left arm (the one holding the rifle), as well as related joint on the main body, look? I was preparing my Leila today and I can't seem to fit this arm together. I wonder if I something needs filing, maybe?

Offline eBadger

« Reply #255 on: Today at 01:44:37 AM »
A couple more pictures of the Blood and Plunder galleon, and some of the Dutch fluyt as well. 

Online Arkaniel

« Reply #256 on: Today at 02:04:13 AM »
A couple more pictures of the Blood and Plunder galleon, and some of the Dutch fluyt as well. 

Nicely done!

I donít know these models, so I was wondering what their size/scale was.

Offline eBadger

« Reply #257 on: Today at 02:27:49 AM »
Thank you!  They're in 28mm scale, about 1/56.  The galleon's hull is 21" long.  Here's the balcony with some minis: 

« Last Edit: Today at 02:32:31 AM by eBadger »

Online Arkaniel

« Reply #258 on: Today at 02:54:08 AM »
Thank you!  They're in 28mm scale, about 1/56.  The galleon's hull is 21" long.  Here's the balcony with some minis: 

Ah! Bigger than I thought! Still, amazing paint job. Wish I could do that.

Iím currently experimenting further with my airbrush to get better red metallic effects for my custodes. I based them in red and gold and did a nice plasma effect on the weapons, but I want to make the red pop more and just spraying red metal colour on them doesnít do the trick.

So far, Iím getting closest to the effect I want by spraying white, bright in the middle, thinner along the edges and then spraying red ink over it. Sort of a candy like effect I saw on another custodes army, but there, they made it too candy looking if it makes sense. I donít want a near glow in the dark effect, haha.

I know I can find stuff like this on YouTube, but Iím stubborn and just like experimenting myself without copy pasting online tricks.

Offline eBadger

« Reply #259 on: Today at 03:24:36 AM »
I think you mentioned that before, but I didn't see any pics? 

I haven't done much metallic red, although I have a nice gc model air one I'm eager to try.  You seem on the right track.  I find shading and contrast is what really makes red pop. 

No reason to feel bad about doing some research.  Learning recipes and methods is a valuable part of any craft, and tweaking them once more advanced.