You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 22, 2017, 05:11:29 AM
Top RP Sites - Vote Daily

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?  (Read 4417 times)

Offline DelightfullyMAD

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
Another game that I have the books for is the Dresden Files RPG.  Being a huge fan of the books, I pretty much had to buy the rpg as well.

The rpg is... well, it's an odd one.  The rules are rather complicated, and while that's not usually a problem for me, I have been trying to get away from complication rather than inviting more.  That being said, the complication of the system almost seems necessary, especially when it comes to the magic.  On the one hand, the way the system handles magic does a pretty good job of duplicating how magic works in the books, but on the other hand it's still quite complicated and does not make for fluid gameplay.  This leaves me rather torn, as I like when the mechanics service the fluff, but as a DM I also very much like systems where I don't have to worry too much about the rules.  It's kind of a conundrum.

I've actually been thinking about starting up a game here set in the Dresden Files setting, but I am still uncertain whether or not I want to try and actually use the system for the game or not.

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #176 on: Yesterday at 11:29:21 AM »
SSOO!!!

some new for people who are fans of the old Warhammer Fantasy RPG!! Humble bundle has the PDFs in a bundle pack!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

20 bucks gets you pretty much EVERYTHING for warhammer fantasy 2nd edition, and a good portion of the proceeds go to charity! (i think you can choose how much goes where as well)

Offline Beorning

« Reply #177 on: Yesterday at 11:44:48 AM »
Just bought it yesterday. Anyone want to play?

Online wander

« Reply #178 on: Yesterday at 12:07:48 PM »
I'll have to see if I got 2nd edition around. I for sure got the corebook of 1st edition. I'd have to be a player instead of GM either way though, I don't know the system very well. I know Egoiste here was big on Warhammer Fantasy rpg, though I'm unsure which edition they preferred.

Offline Beorning

« Reply #179 on: Yesterday at 04:28:47 PM »
Well, I'd be eager to try this game out!

Other games I own:

- Pathfinder
- GURPS 4E
- Mutants & Masterminds 2E
- Call of Cthulhu
- Trail of Cthulhu
- Numenera
- The Strange
- Old World of Darkness:
- - Mage: the Ascension
- - Vampire: the Dark Ages
- - Demon: the Fallen
- New World of Darkness:
- - mortals
- - Vampire: the Requiem
- - Mage: the Awakening
- - Promethean: the Created
- - Changeling: the Lost
- - Hunter: the Vigil
- - Mummy: the Curse
- - Beast: the Primordial
- Qin: the Warring States
- Dark Heresy 2E
- Black Crusade
- Unknown Armies 1E
- Witchcraft

I also used to own Conspiracy X, Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny, but I sold them.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:33:06 PM by Beorning »

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #180 on: Yesterday at 08:07:13 PM »
SSOO!!!

some new for people who are fans of the old Warhammer Fantasy RPG!! Humble bundle has the PDFs in a bundle pack!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

20 bucks gets you pretty much EVERYTHING for warhammer fantasy 2nd edition, and a good portion of the proceeds go to charity! (i think you can choose how much goes where as well)

This is an AWESOME Deal! :D